Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Psac tournament discussion

Manchel vs Reynolds in an elimination game ... not bad Monday night entertainment. The two split this year -- each winning on the others' court.

Bloomsburg swept West Chester this year although the Rams are trending up lately.

UPJ swept Seton Hill. The Griffins have enough weapons to make this interesting but they have serious Jekyll and Hyde syndrome this season.

Lock Haven and East Stroudsburg split the season series.

Re: Psac tournament discussion

Too bad I have plans and can't make it up to the Mercyhurst Athletic Center. Should be a fun time.

UPJ may be getting hot at the right time. Gannon fans should be rooting for Seton Hill.

Comment

WBB....BORO and MC advance to play CALU and IUP, respectively. Pretty much as expected. Should be two good games on Wednesday.

Comment

UPJ all over SH early ... started with 23-2 run

Comment

34-32 Mercyhurst half

UPJ 104 SH 44 .... 5 mins left ... wow

Comment

UPJ 112
            Seton Hill 53

Final

For what it's worth Spencer Casson DNP.
            Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 02-27-2017, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
              UPJ 112
              Seton Hill 53

Final

For what it's worth Spencer Casson DNP.
              Maybe Casson could have kept it to under 40. Wow.

I'm hoping that a team can't turn in that kind of offensive performance two times in three days. Maybe UPJ made all their shots today and they'll go cold against a better defense on Wednesday.

Comment

MEN'S FIRST ROUND FINAL SCORES
                Mercyhurst 88, Slippery Rock 73
                UPJ 112, Seton Hill 53
                West Chester 84, Bloomsburg 77
                East Stroudsburg 106, Lock Haven 87

QUARTERFINALS - Wednesday
                Mercyhurst at IUP, 7:30
                East Stroudsburg at Shippensburg, 7:30
                West Chester at Kutztown, 7:00
                UPJ at Gannon, 7:30

WOMEN'S FINAL SCORES
                Edinboro 82, Seton Hill 50
                Millersville 69, Kutztown 65
                Bloomsburg 79, West Chester 71
                Mercyhurst 74, Clarion 46

QUARTERFINALS - Wednesday
                Edinboro at Cal, 6:00
                Millersville at East Stroudsburg, 7:00
                Bloomsburg at Shippensburg, 5:30
                Mercyhurst at IUP, 5:30
                Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

I'm hoping that a team can't turn in that kind of offensive performance two times in three days. Maybe UPJ made all their shots today and they'll go cold against a better defense on Wednesday.

Remember, too, UPJ put up 93 on Slippery Rock this past Saturday. Not that SRU is a great team but it's pretty rare for a Reynolds team to give up in to the 90s. I kind of think it could play to Gannon's favor. They won't shoot the lights out three straight games.

I wasn't implying Casson was worth 60 points. I can see, however, how Seton Hill would totally self-destruct without him. Their whole offense and defense is built around him.

Comment

Quite a slate of games tomorrow night ...

UPJ (19-10) at Gannon (17-9)
                    - Gannon swept the season series in dramatic fashion ... winning in Johnstown, 105-97 (OT), and at the Hammermill, 71-70.
                    - UPJ, one of the hottest teams in the PSAC, enters on a 5-game winning streak -- the past four being all blowouts.
                    - Gannon has dropped 2 of its past 3 outings
                    - Gannon has defeated UPJ in 4 of the past 6 meetings in the series

Mercyhurst (14-13) at IUP (26-2)
                    - IUP swept the season series ... winning (80-69) in Erie and (67-56) in Indiana
                    - Both games were tight with IUP using a quick second-half burst in both wins as the only real difference
                    - IUP is 7-5 in its past 12 meetings with the Lakers
                    - As it's well known, Mercyhurst has been the rare team to have some success in the KCAC
                    - IUP enters on a 17-game winning streak -- with its last loss Dec. 19 to Fairmont State in overtime.
                    - Manchel would like nothing more than stealing IUP's hosting weekend away

East Stroudsburg (18-10) at Shippensburg (23-3)
                    - Shippensburg swept the season series, winning (86-82) at home and (67-59) at ESU
                    - ESU enters losing 4 of its past 6 outings (all tight losses)
                    - Ship has won 5 of its past 6 games
                    - Ship held ESU to a season-low 59 points in its last outing

West Chester (14-14) at Kutztown (24-2)
                    - Kutztown swept the season series ... winning (110-85) at home and (91-85) at WCU
                    - Kutztown enters on a 16-game winning streak
                    - WCU has been a hot team of late ... winning 4 of its past 6 with the two losses by a combined 7 points ... highlighted by a 93-70 win over Shippensburg
                    Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 02-28-2017, 08:36 AM.

Comment

Quite a slate of games tomorrow night ...

UPJ (19-10) at Gannon (17-9)
                      - Gannon swept the season series in dramatic fashion ... winning in Johnstown, 105-97 (OT), and at the Hammermill, 71-70.
                      - UPJ, one of the hottest teams in the PSAC, enters on a 5-game winning streak -- the past four being all blowouts.
                      - Gannon has dropped 2 of its past 3 outings
                      - Gannon has defeated UPJ in 4 of the past 6 meetings in the series

Mercyhurst (14-13) at IUP (26-2)
                      - IUP swept the season series ... winning (80-69) in Erie and (67-56) in Indiana
                      - Both games were tight with IUP using a quick second-half burst in both wins as the only real difference
                      - IUP is 7-5 in its past 12 meetings with the Lakers
                      - As it's well known, Mercyhurst has been the rare team to have some success in the KCAC
                      - IUP enters on a 17-game winning streak -- with its last loss Dec. 19 to Fairmont State in overtime.
                      - Manchel would like nothing more than stealing IUP's hosting weekend away

East Stroudsburg (18-10) at Shippensburg (23-3)
                      - Shippensburg swept the season series, winning (86-82) at home and (67-59) at ESU
                      - ESU enters losing 4 of its past 6 outings (all tight losses)
                      - Ship has won 5 of its past 6 games
                      - Ship held ESU to a season-low 59 points in its last outing

West Chester (14-14) at Kutztown (24-2)
                      - Kutztown swept the season series ... winning (110-85) at home and (91-85) at WCU
                      - Kutztown enters on a 16-game winning streak
                      - WCU has been a hot team of late ... winning 4 of its past 6 with the two losses by a combined 7 points ... highlighted by a 93-70 win over Shippensburg
                      Are the iup students on break? I know Gannon students are. With a good doubleheader what attendance do you expect for iup.

Comment

IUP is not on break which is a good thing.

My guess for tomorrow is a pretty big crowd. I don't think any of the local high schools have games tomorrow which will help. Joe's been on a pretty good streak at the gate lately -- cracking 2,000 a couple times. I'd expect he could get near 3,000+ tomorrow. They got up to 2,500 last Wednesday night for Clarion. I've heard they've have been pumping a lot of free tickets around town lately and I don't think they can do that for this game as the PSAC has a lot of input. Last year's first PSAC playoff game against UPJ got a pretty good crowd -- it was one of the more involved crowds of the season.

I don't expect Mercyhurst to travel much. Their home game last night looked and sounded dead.

Side note: Gotta love buying tickets to the game online ... $12 per plus the $7 per 'processing' fee. What a joke.
                        If you go to the box office you skip the fee. It's just there to basically screw people who don't live in Indiana and want to buy their tickets in advance. Buy four tickets online today and you'll pay $48 for the tickets and $28 in processing fees. What a great deal. Family of four online today you spend $76 before you buy a hot dog. I wouldn't doubt they also charge for parking tomorrow.
                        Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 02-28-2017, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Gannon students are indeed on break meaning that the crowd will be 12 less than it would be if school were in session.

Comment

IUP is not on break which is a good thing.

My guess for tomorrow is a pretty big crowd. I don't think any of the local high schools have games tomorrow which will help. Joe's been on a pretty good streak at the gate lately -- cracking 2,000 a couple times. I'd expect he could get near 3,000+ tomorrow. They got up to 2,500 last Wednesday night for Clarion. I've heard they've have been pumping a lot of free tickets around town lately and I don't think they can do that for this game as the PSAC has a lot of input. Last year's first PSAC playoff game against UPJ got a pretty good crowd -- it was one of the more involved crowds of the season.

I don't expect Mercyhurst to travel much. Their home game last night looked and sounded dead.

Side note: Gotta love buying tickets to the game online ... $12 per plus the $7 per 'processing' fee. What a joke.
                            If you go to the box office you skip the fee. It's just there to basically screw people who don't live in Indiana and want to buy their tickets in advance. Buy four tickets online today and you'll pay $48 for the tickets and $28 in processing fees. What a great deal. Family of four online today you spend $76 before you buy a hot dog. I wouldn't doubt they also charge for parking tomorrow.

That's absolutely absurd for a Division 2 basketball game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Golden89 View Post
                              Gannon students are indeed on break meaning that the crowd will be 12 less than it would be if school were in session.
                              LOL ...

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X