Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Psac tournament discussion

Originally posted by IUP24 View Post
    Assuming there is a feed... boy.. are you in for a treat listening to those two jabronis call those games. I get that they are students, but if that's the best on-air talent IUP has to offer... yikes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    LOL, the one guy - the color man, is JoJo Gause , IUPs WR they are a let down from years gone by where the guys won awards for their work.

Comment

Assuming there is a feed... boy.. are you in for a treat listening to those two jabronis call those games. I get that they are students, but if that's the best on-air talent IUP has to offer... yikes

It's like they just mic'd up two kids sitting in the crowd watching the game. In that way it's strangely entertaining. But yeah, they need a lot of work if this is a career they wish to pursue.

Comment

Best scenario (if you have the patience):

* Run the game from your laptop to your TV screen (HD cord)
        * Use the 92.5 app for the broadcast (Jack and Tony)
        * Pull up live stats on your phone
        * Mute the feed

The catch, of course, is the live stats will be about 30 seconds ahead of the feed and also ahead of Tony/Jack so you kind of know what happens before seeing it happen. I always say ... being a D2 fan isn't easy.

I'm curious how the other three schools will travel this weekend. I'll actually 'cheer' for Gannon in the first game which will be kind of weird -- not because I'd rather play them if IUP wins but just supporting the West.

Comment

What's going on at the hammermill? Gannon only draws 500 fans. Two psac women's games had more and one had the same.

Comment

Tickets for Saturday's doubleheader are now available on the web site. IUP season ticket holder seats are blocked out until 5:30 p.m. tomorrow. All other seats can be purchased now. They are running about $18/per if bought online today but you can at least pick the seats you want out of what's available. Ticket is good for both games.

Comment

Interesting stat from the earlier meeting between Shippensburg and IUP (Ship won, 87-80) ...

Free Throws

Ship: 36 of 40
              IUP: 4 of 8

As you recall, that was a pretty interesting game. Ship went nuts in the first half, built a 20-point lead and then IUP went nuts in the second half and took the lead.

The FT thing is pretty odd. One team shot 40 and the other 8 -- and that Ship made 90 percent.

Irrelevant now ... just caught my attention looking back at the box score.

Comment

http://herosports.com/news/college-b...caa-basketball

If you haven't seen the Grayson Allen parody video ... pretty funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post
                  It's like they just mic'd up two kids sitting in the crowd watching the game. In that way it's strangely entertaining. But yeah, they need a lot of work if this is a career they wish to pursue.

Honestly, that's exactly how I described it to others before. It's literally like they picked two guys watching the game in the seats with their boys and just a threw mics on them.

If I have to hear JoJo Gause say, "Good defense" or "gotta dunk that" one more time I may pound a hole in my wall using my skull. Folks complained about the football broadcast in the fall.. That was gold quality compared to this, and the play by play guy is the same person (95% sure on that). He either regressed over Christmas break, or he just simply doesn't know basketball, not sure which. Let's start here.. to start the game yesterday we had "JACOB DIAZO" in for IUP. I'm not kidding, Jacob Diazo.

Towards the end of the game yesterday they were both singing rap songs on the air. That's completely unacceptable. Each time there's a step back, a cross over dribble, or a no look pass, we hear "Ohhh," "Ewwww," and "Woahhh." Please... if those guys couldn't do that they wouldn't be playing at a high level D2 program.

I don't mean to sound harsh, because I know they are students, but neither of them are good, and that's putting it nicely. Gause has a few years of football eligibility left. Maybe he should use that time to focus a little more on a new major or finding a different focus in the broadcasting world.

Comment

I'll add, everybody was spoiled with Josh Hill calling games for IUP the past two years. Josh is a close friend of mine. He was tremendous at what he did. He spent hours and hours and hours preparing for broadcasts to provide a high quality broadcast for viewers. He would spend time with the visiting teams SID before games getting correct pronunciations of players names. We got two guys that don't know the name of IUP's best player. Josh and his crew did an absolutely tremendous job. There's a reason he had job opportunities in the field after he graduated last year.

Comment

What's funny about that is EVERY single item pertaining to that program is run like a D1 organization. Every single thing.

Joe's sideline support staff at home games must go 15 deep. I can never fathom what they all even do. The assistants have assistants.

Yet the live feed doesn't know the name of the conference player of the year (after like 10 broadcasts).

'Jacob Diazo' is funny though ... gotta admit.

Comment

I think the PSAC does have it right with keeping the tournament on campus. The MEC games yesterday sounded like they had 75 people in the stands down in Charleston. Granted, the 'headliner' teams weren't playing. Hopefully they draw better today but even 1,000 in a 12,000 seat arena seems like nothing. Getting a year like Concord vs. Notre Dame in the final is awful for business. Southern Indiana choked in Evansville last night (very close to campus) in front of 'maybe' 500 fans -- in essentially a home game. Check that Mid-West thread out if you want some entertaining reading. All of that said, this week's PSAC games didn't draw well, either. Shippensburg had almost 1,600 and IUP got 1,700. At Ship that's almost filling up the gym. At IUP that's almost half full (which is still bad).

I'm very curious to see how the KCAC is attended tomorrow. Gannon somehow only got 506 in the Hammermill for a home playoff game which leads me to believe they won't travel well. Shippensburg and Kutztown ... we'll see. From what I hear, IUP has sold a lot of tickets. I have to believe the Gannon/Kutztown game will have the vibe of a normal men's and women's doubleheader with the second half of the first game slowly starting to fill up.
                        Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 03-03-2017, 08:32 AM.

Comment

Honestly, that's exactly how I described it to others before. It's literally like they picked two guys watching the game in the seats with their boys and just a threw mics on them.

If I have to hear JoJo Gause say, "Good defense" or "gotta dunk that" one more time I may pound a hole in my wall using my skull. Folks complained about the football broadcast in the fall.. That was gold quality compared to this, and the play by play guy is the same person (95% sure on that). He either regressed over Christmas break, or he just simply doesn't know basketball, not sure which. Let's start here.. to start the game yesterday we had "JACOB DIAZO" in for IUP. I'm not kidding, Jacob Diazo.

Towards the end of the game yesterday they were both singing rap songs on the air. That's completely unacceptable. Each time there's a step back, a cross over dribble, or a no look pass, we hear "Ohhh," "Ewwww," and "Woahhh." Please... if those guys couldn't do that they wouldn't be playing at a high level D2 program.

I don't mean to sound harsh, because I know they are students, but neither of them are good, and that's putting it nicely. Gause has a few years of football eligibility left. Maybe he should use that time to focus a little more on a new major or finding a different focus in the broadcasting world.

Yep, whoever is in charge of the graphics on the broadcast also needs to get on the ball because Jacob Diazo has been in the starting lineup for the past few games at least. Also it's pronounced Devon Cottrell not Devin. Dude has only been at IUP for 6 years.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                            I think the PSAC does have it right with keeping the tournament on campus. The MEC games yesterday sounded like they had 75 people in the stands down in Charleston. Granted, the 'headliner' teams weren't playing. Hopefully they draw better today but even 1,000 in a 12,000 seat arena seems like nothing. Getting a year like Concord vs. Notre Dame in the final is awful for business. Southern Indiana choked in Evansville last night (very close to campus) in front of 'maybe' 500 fans -- in essentially a home game. Check that Mid-West thread out if you want some entertaining reading. All of that said, this week's PSAC games didn't draw well, either. Shippensburg had almost 1,600 and IUP got 1,700. At Ship that's almost filling up the gym. At IUP that's almost half full (which is still bad).

I'm very curious to see how the KCAC is attended tomorrow. Gannon somehow only got 506 in the Hammermill for a home playoff game which leads me to believe they won't travel well. Shippensburg and Kutztown ... we'll see. From what I hear, IUP has sold a lot of tickets. I have to believe the Gannon/Kutztown game will have the vibe of a normal men's and women's doubleheader with the second half of the first game slowly starting to fill up.
                            In the midst of their best basketball season ever, you would hope Ship fans show up in good numbers. Plus it's not a far drive compared to what other eastern schools would face coming to Indiana.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post
                              Yep, whoever is in charge of the graphics on the broadcast also needs to get on the ball because Jacob Diazo has been in the starting lineup for the past few games at least. Also it's pronounced Devon Cottrell not Devin. Dude has only been at IUP for 6 years.

LOL

I think even President Driscoll refers to him as Mr. Cottrell at this point.

Comment

I say that Gannon gets 75-100 fans to IUP for the semi's. I won't be one of them, so let's hope we get a little better quality announcing. Please inform them that it's Matthew "DOE-GUN" and not "DOGG-UN"

I think that last year's 7-19 season turned a lot of GU fans away, and it's been tough getting them back.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X