Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post
    Yep, whoever is in charge of the graphics on the broadcast also needs to get on the ball because Jacob Diazo has been in the starting lineup for the past few games at least. Also it's pronounced Devon Cottrell not Devin. Dude has only been at IUP for 6 years.

Let's be honest here though... These two jamokes probably never attended one IUP game prior to this season. I would have no issue with them not being perfect, like we've all said, they're students. These guys are just so far from being just okay that it's almost comical. The singing on the air; the improper pronunciations of players on their own team; the inability to follow the play and provide adequate analysis. It's painful.

If this is honestly the path they want to go, they have a lot of work to do. I wish them luck, because this is the time you're supposed to work on this stuff, but somebody within IUP Comm Media needs to really work with these guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Re: Psac tournament discussion

Originally posted by IUP24 View Post
      Let's be honest here though... These two jamokes probably never attended one IUP game prior to this season. I would have no issue with them not being perfect, like we've all said, they're students. These guys are just so far from being just okay that it's almost comical. The singing on the air; the improper pronunciations of players on their own team; the inability to follow the play and provide adequate analysis. It's painful.

If this is honestly the path they want to go, they have a lot of work to do. I wish them luck, because this is the time you're supposed to work on this stuff, but somebody within IUP Comm Media needs to really work with these guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Agreed. Calling a game, especially basketball, is not nearly as easy as the professionals make it seem. There are however some very basic do's and dont's you really should know before you sit behind the mic. Hopefully these guys get the teaching they need and wow us next season.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post
        Agreed. Calling a game, especially basketball, is not nearly as easy as the professionals make it seem. There are however some very basic do's and dont's you really should know before you sit behind the mic. Hopefully these guys get the teaching they need and wow us next season.
        Agree -- it's not an easy job. I frequently listen to the SI sports media broadcast with Richard Deitsch. Announcers that are interviewed discuss at length their preparation for the game they are doing. It's a lot of work. I know the Gannon announcers past and present and the good ones always prepare extensively for their broadcast.

You all have me really strangely interested now to see whether these announcers are as bad as they sound here. I'll try to catch the GU game tomorrow!

Comment

Looks like Kutztown announcers are handling the tourney. They seem reasonably professional and prepared. Glad to see it.

Comment

If anyone is at the game, please inform the webcast announcers that #15's last name is DOE-gan and not DUGG-an

Comment

Did anybody else lose the feed from KU right before the 2nd half?

Comment

Shocker Gannon blows another big lead. 10 point lead in last 2 minutes. Keep doing the same thing over and over expecting different results. INSANITY

Comment

Originally posted by IUP24 View Post
                  Did anybody else lose the feed from KU right before the 2nd half?
                  I also lost the feed.

Glad I didn't have to watch the final two minutes.

A fitting conclusion. Too bad ... could have been in the PSAC finals and make the bubble teams sweat.

Comment

Originally posted by Mjtheman View Post
                    Shocker Gannon blows another big lead. 10 point lead in last 2 minutes. Keep doing the same thing over and over expecting different results. INSANITY
                    They run out of gas because they don't use enough bench!

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
                      They run out of gas because they don't use enough bench!
                      yeah but if they made a few foul shoots at the end, they win.

Comment

Gannon should have NEVER lost that game.

Comment

the coach is a fool for believing a 5 man rotation that produces collapse after collapse would somehow not collapse. He got what he deserves.

Comment

Edit
                            Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 03-04-2017, 07:19 PM.

Comment

The KCAC certainly had a full day of basketball. Wow.

Comment

The west has been dominating men's basketball for years. The east has returned.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X