Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WLU New AD

WLU recently announced that it hired Brad Forshey as their new AD. Forshey was serving as the Acting AD since Lynn Olums retirement.

Not saying this is a good or bad hire, but do you ever wonder why WLU almost always promotes from within?

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
    WLU recently announced that it hired Brad Forshey as their new AD. Forshey was serving as the Acting AD since Lynn Olums retirement.

Not saying this is a good or bad hire, but do you ever wonder why WLU almost always promotes from within?
    I think in general, not limited to West Liberty, if people (the Board) generally like the way things are going, they probably just prefer to promote the logical choice internally. There's also a risk of losing key people who don't like an external hire or if they feel they were passed over for a job. I see pros and cons to both.

I know nothing about West Liberty's situation. If a Board of Trustees in an educational setting or the Board of Directors in a business environment feel a change is needed, bringing somebody in externally is a good idea. And any additional fallout or turnover is just simply part of the change process. If those in charge like where things are at, and generally would like to keep the status quo, the next in line may be right for the job.

Comment

Waillaie is likely safe for a while longer now. I just want to attend football games again

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

Its also less expensive to hire from within.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

I think in general, not limited to West Liberty, if people (the Board) generally like the way things are going, they probably just prefer to promote the logical choice internally. There's also a risk of losing key people who don't like an external hire or if they feel they were passed over for a job. I see pros and cons to both.

I know nothing about West Liberty's situation. If a Board of Trustees in an educational setting or the Board of Directors in a business environment feel a change is needed, bringing somebody in externally is a good idea. And any additional fallout or turnover is just simply part of the change process. If those in charge like where things are at, and generally would like to keep the status quo, the next in line may be right for the job.
          I agree.

We (me?) tend to look at the state of the Athletic Department with an emphasis on football and not the department as a whole. While the football program is abysmal, the athletic program as a whole is pretty strong and in fact was the second strongest in the MEC UC being number 1) in 2022-23. Don't know were they were after this past year but I'd speculate probably number 2 again. I guess from that stand point, an internal hire makes sense.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
          Working...
          X