• Show
Clear All

Re: 2017-18 NSIC Schedules

Augie is officially the last team to announce its schedule

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
      I think I heard Augie doesn't currently have a Sports Information Director. I could have misunderstood though. If that's the case, that might be one reason for the delay.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
        I think I heard Augie doesn't currently have a Sports Information Director. I could have misunderstood though. If that's the case, that might be one reason for the delay.
        I thought that they were just being fashionably late, but this would be a good reason.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
          I thought that they were just being fashionably late, but this would be a good reason.
          Decided to stop being lazy and looked up Augie's athletic department staff directory. Our previous Sports Information Director, Tim Evans, is no longer listed there.

Comment

Decided to stop being lazy and looked up Augie's athletic department staff directory. Our previous Sports Information Director, Tim Evans, is no longer listed there.
            Didn't realize that.

Comment

Didn't realize that.
              I'm honestly kind of amazed they've even been able to keep up with all of the football/volleyball stories and other updates (golf, etc.) without an official SID.

Comment

I'm honestly kind of amazed they've even been able to keep up with all of the football/volleyball stories and other updates (golf, etc.) without an official SID.
                It wouldn't surprise me if they put coaches in charge of each page themselves. For the most part, the SID role is more time consuming than it is difficult, ONLY when it comes to keeping the website rolling. Now, more fancy the website the more difficult of course and keeping stats to me (especially for volleyball) is Hell on Earth.

I'm only speaking from my own experience. I had ZERO ambition or knowledge of an SID role, but was basically and assistant SID, while the head guy was another coach who knew nothing about it. Like I said, very time consuming, but we kept it pretty basic or we'd have been lost. IF they left it to coaches and GA's it nice but also a burden so hopefully they get one soon.

Comment

Augie's schedule has been released

http://goaugie.com/news/2017/9/22/me...-schedule.aspx

Comment

Does MSU just not have the connections to schedule an exhibition game with a D1 school? I remember playing Minny, and Wisconsin but since then nothing? Just more d3 and NAIA fodder....
                    Hopefully one day we can win it all and get scheduled to play Duke so I can go back down to durham

Comment

Originally posted by zimmy21 View Post
                      Does MSU just not have the connections to schedule an exhibition game with a D1 school? I remember playing Minny, and Wisconsin but since then nothing? Just more d3 and NAIA fodder....
                      Hopefully one day we can win it all and get scheduled to play Duke so I can go back down to durham
                      Many D1 schools don't want to schedule the better D2 programs. They look at it as not much upside for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post
                        Many D1 schools don't want to schedule the better D2 programs. They look at it as not much upside for them.
                        Do you know if like in football the d2 schools get a small pay day to come play?

Comment

Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post
                          I'd say that makes them chicken. If they were so scared to play against these kids, they probably should have recruited them.
                          Besides it's not like it hurts their records, and barely anyone gets to see the game because it's not televised

Comment

I'd say that makes them chicken. If they were so scared to play against these kids, they probably should have recruited them.
                            Besides it's not like it hurts their records, and barely anyone gets to see the game because it's not televised
                            No one gets to see it until they become one of the schools that loses to the DII program, then its allover Sports Center.

Comment

Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
                              No one gets to see it until they become one of the schools that loses to the DII program, then its allover Sports Center.
                              Still it's chicken s...! How much does it really blow up? Not much at all, Syracuse lost to LeMoyne a few years back but only D2 fans would remember that.

Comment

Still it's chicken s...! How much does it really blow up? Not much at all, Syracuse lost to LeMoyne a few years back but only D2 fans would remember that.
                                I remember when Winona beat the Gophers.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X