St. Cloud
    None

Upper Iowa
    None

Wayne
    None

Winona
    -Devin Whitelow
    Last edited by Stanger86; 11-02-2016, 08:11 PM.

Re: 2017 Recruiting

There might be more commitments out there. These were just the ones that VerbalCommits has as of today.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
      There might be more commitments out there. These were just the ones that VerbalCommits has as of today.
      I just got on here to do the same thing! haha

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
        I just got on here to do the same thing! haha
        Yes, these are the only commits we're aware of at this time. Could be more, but they've either not been reported or we've missed them.

-Nathan, VC

EDIT: Updated Tajen Ross's profile. He committed to Crookston back in August.
        Last edited by nleclair; 10-04-2016, 12:16 AM.

Comment

from the SC Times

Andrew Lewis looked at a number of schools.

But in the end, the 6-foot-3 guard from Milwaukee Vincent High School said he felt a real connection when he visited St. Cloud State.

Which is why he said he will sign to play for Huskies head coach Matt Reimer beginning next season. The first date athletes can begin signing national letters of intent in the early signing period for basketball is Nov. 9.

"I looked at Minnesota State-Mankato and a few other schools," said Lewis, who is about to enter his fourth season as a starter at Vincent.

"I looked at Lake Forest (Illinois) and Winona State. A bunch of places. But I really connected with the guys on a personal level when I visited at St. Cloud State. I felt comfortable there."

Lewis, who averaged over 17 points per game a year ago and was a Milwaukee Journal Sentinel All-Area honorable mention selection, said he also felt a connection with both Reimer and Huskies assistant coach Mahmoud Abdelfattah.

"Coach Mahmoud had a big impact on my decision," said Lewis, who announced his decision on his Twitter account. "He followed me throughout the whole AAU season and saw how I was developing. And when I met Coach Matt, I just connected with him right away. That really surprised me. I didn't think I could form a connection with a coach so quickly and easily."

Lewis has played at both point guard and shooting guard during his prep career. He sees himself as a point guard first. But he is ready to go wherever he is needed with the Huskies.

"That's first and foremost," Lewis said. "Wherever the coaches think I can help most, that's where I'll go."

Comment

Originally posted by Husky View Post

"Coach Mahmoud had a big impact on my decision," said Lewis, who announced his decision on his Twitter account. "He followed me throughout the whole AAU season and saw how I was developing. And when I met Coach Matt, I just connected with him right away. That really surprised me. I didn't think I could form a connection with a coach so quickly and easily."
            Mo is the man!!

Comment

Originally posted by Husky View Post
              from the SC Times

Andrew Lewis looked at a number of schools.

But in the end, the 6-foot-3 guard from Milwaukee Vincent High School said he felt a real connection when he visited St. Cloud State.

Which is why he said he will sign to play for Huskies head coach Matt Reimer beginning next season. The first date athletes can begin signing national letters of intent in the early signing period for basketball is Nov. 9.

"I looked at Minnesota State-Mankato and a few other schools," said Lewis, who is about to enter his fourth season as a starter at Vincent.

"I looked at Lake Forest (Illinois) and Winona State. A bunch of places. But I really connected with the guys on a personal level when I visited at St. Cloud State. I felt comfortable there."

Lewis, who averaged over 17 points per game a year ago and was a Milwaukee Journal Sentinel All-Area honorable mention selection, said he also felt a connection with both Reimer and Huskies assistant coach Mahmoud Abdelfattah.

Lewis has played at both point guard and shooting guard during his prep career. He sees himself as a point guard first. But he is ready to go wherever he is needed with the Huskies.

"That's first and foremost," Lewis said. "Wherever the coaches think I can help most, that's where I'll go."
              Well, thats one. I hear there will be two more. Nice early signing period for the Huskies. Beat Mankato on 2 of the 3. Always a success.

Comment

Mustangs got a commitment from a wing from the Des Moines area this week. Grant Kramer of Johnston, IA.

That's the same HS as former Mustang/current assistant Nick Smith.

Comment

Anyone to add to the list this week?

Comment

Mustangs got a commitment from a wing from the Des Moines area this week. Grant Kramer of Johnston, IA.

That's the same HS as former Mustang/current assistant Nick Smith.
                    Mules got commitment from Dawson Jones out of Johnston, IA. Wonder if they play together.

Comment

Anyone to add to the list this week?
                      Kevion Taylor from Whitnall, WI.

http://winonastatewarriors.com/news/...px?path=mbball

Comment

I imagine this will upset some people since he is a high school kid, but the Mavs signed Jamal Nixon out of Oak Park, IL.

http://msumavericks.com/news/2016/11...ball-team.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
                          I imagine this will upset some people since he is a high school kid, but the Mavs signed Jamal Nixon out of Oak Park, IL.

http://msumavericks.com/news/2016/11...ball-team.aspx
                          I doubt it will upset people here on the message board. It might upset him when Margenthaler realizes he's a high school kid and replaces him with a D1 transfer in a year or two though. :)

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
                            I doubt it will upset people here on the message board. It might upset him when Margenthaler realizes he's a high school kid and replaces him with a D1 transfer in a year or two though. :)
                            +1

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
                              Or he can (allegedly) flunk out of a MN state school and wind up getting right into Augustana :)

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X