• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NSU4LIFE
    replied
    Re: The NEW Official Thread of the Augustana Vikings

Originally posted by ddwitte View Post
    At least if they get into the Summit League they'll still get home town advantage for the conference tournament.
    If you think Augie can come up with as many fans at the Summit tourney as SDSU (for example) you are nuts. They will probably out draw them during the season, but postseason suddenly alumni come out of no where and obviously SDSU has more alumni to draw from. We saw it last year with NSU, people who had graduated, couldn't even name a player or two, didn't know we were that good until regional championship, etc. Not that everyone was like that, but the same is true for most schools.

Leave a comment:

• ddwitte
    replied

At least if they get into the Summit League they'll still get home town advantage for the conference tournament.

Leave a comment:

• ddwitte
    replied

Originally posted by wscsuperfan View Post
    Just don't see this being successful in the long run
    It may work out for them, but the way I see it is they have finally been able to win some championships now that the state universities have been gone and they weren't having to compete with them for recruiting. I don't see how being a doormat in a 1 bid DI league with 1 tournament win in the last 13 years is better than being competitive on a national level year in and year out in DII.

Leave a comment:

• NSU4LIFE
    replied

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
    That didn't you long to change Kirby to Kelby after Augieholic schooled you!
    Would you prefer I change it back to the original? I already acknowledged my error before going back to correct it. Yes, he schooled me on a personal I will never meet nor interact with and wouldn't know him if I saw him.

Leave a comment:

• Augieholic
    replied

Originally posted by wscsuperfan View Post
    Why?

Leave a comment:

• wscsuperfan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Augieholic
    replied

Originally posted by laker View Post
    Heck, Cleary is worth the price of admission just to watch him play in basketball.
    Saturday cant get here fast enough, I havent been this excited to watch an opposing player since Gage Wooten at Kato.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied

Originally posted by Twincitiesmav View Post
    Time to show crookston the door! :D
    But on what grounds? They haven't broken any rules. Heck, Cleary is worth the price of admission just to watch him play in basketball. Baseball has surprisingly improved. They could pull a Morris and go D3 to the UMAC, but the UMAC isn't interested.

Leave a comment:

• Twincitiesmav
    replied

Originally posted by laker View Post
    Either that or hope that another team leaves on their own. 15 is hard to schedule for football.
    Time to show crookston the door! :D

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied

Originally posted by Twincitiesmav View Post
    Think the NSIC tries to find another member to get to 16 again? (I sure hope not)
    Either that or hope that another team leaves on their own. 15 is hard to schedule for football.

Leave a comment:

• Twincitiesmav
    replied

Think the NSIC tries to find another member to get to 16 again? (I sure hope not)

Leave a comment:

• vikingfaithful
    replied

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
    Kelby and Stephanie discuss the D1 move...

Stephanie: I dont know Kelby, the numbers dont really add up, I just dont see how we can make this work responsibly.

Kelby: Naw, naw, it's cool baby. Just do it, I promise you won't regret it.

Stephanie: Kelby, I'm the president, we arent doing this. It is not the right thing to do. This meeting is over, I'm leaving.

Kelby: But baby, it's cold outside.
    That didn't you long to change Kirby to Kelby after Augieholic schooled you!

Leave a comment:

• NSU4LIFE
    replied

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
    Obviously you don't make this announcement without researching costs and where the money will come from, that would be like building a football stadium without the money to finish it.

At least Augie fans know his name is Kelby. Thats how you get the $$$$$$.
    Haha, busted. I was really hoping that'd been a good one, failed again. In my defense, I know a total of nine people in Sioux Falls, five are family.

Just remember, I'm the one that said Augie will be just fine with the move. Unlike most, I'm kind of bummed about the move.

Leave a comment:

• Augieholic
    replied

Originally posted by cougar1997 View Post
    Fixed it.
    Obviously you don't make this announcement without researching costs and where the money will come from, that would be like building a football stadium without the money to finish it.

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
    Kirby and Stephanie discuss the D1 move...

Stephanie: I dont know Kirby, the numbers dont really add up, I just dont see how we can make this work responsibly.

Kirby: Naw, naw, it's cool baby. Just do it, I promise you won't regret it.

Stephanie: Kirby, I'm the president, we arent doing this. It is not the right thing to do. This meeting is over, I'm leaving.

Kirby: But baby, it's cold outside.
    At least Augie fans know his name is Kelby. Thats how you get the $$$$$$.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied

Well, the shoe finally dropped. Just as people have been saying for months.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X