Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2017-18 Performance Indicators

Originally posted by dodger View Post
    The only other team that can get into the mix is Northwestern Oklahoma.
    I would agree with that. The GAC Tournament also looms large.

Comment

I think some of you guys are also forgetting that a few weeks ago I laid out a very intricate and likely-to-happen scenario in which the Vikes make a legendary NSIC Tournament run and steal that 8-seed in the Regional. We should start by winning two games in a single weekend, but once we do that this weekend and next weekend, we'll prove that we're ready to win four straight in the conference tourney. Then, with Robot Pitts's battery apparently running around 60% or so, we take down the Bearcats in round 1 of the Regional and just keep things rolling from there.

(In all seriousness, I'm bummed Pitts is injured and hope he's back to full strength before the end of the year. Would be a bummer to see his career come to a close battling an injury.)

Comment

I would also add that the GAC tourney looks to be wide open as Southern has not really dominated many teams. I could see them not winning the tourney. If that is the case, one would have to think that Washburn or UCM could be knocked out.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
          I think some of you guys are also forgetting that a few weeks ago I laid out a very intricate and likely-to-happen scenario in which the Vikes make a legendary NSIC Tournament run and steal that 8-seed in the Regional. We should start by winning two games in a single weekend, but once we do that this weekend and next weekend, we'll prove that we're ready to win four straight in the conference tourney. Then, with Robot Pitts's battery apparently running around 60% or so, we take down the Bearcats in round 1 of the Regional and just keep things rolling from there.

(In all seriousness, I'm bummed Pitts is injured and hope he's back to full strength before the end of the year. Would be a bummer to see his career come to a close battling an injury.)
          On a side note, I am ticked off at Augie. First, I have been picking them all year to win and they are .500. Then I watched them dominate BSU like a contender, so I had no trouble picking them to sweep at home against Sioux Falls (decent-very good) and Southwest (very good). Bah!

Comment

Didn't your scenario also include MOSO getting to the regional, with MOSO actually knocking out NW?

Comment

Originally posted by mosofan1 View Post
              Didn't your scenario also include MOSO getting to the regional, with MOSO actually knocking out NW?
              At the time, yes. But that's only necessary if Pitts is at full strength. If he is hampered, they may be more vincible to non-MSSU teams.

Comment

At the time, yes. But that's only necessary if Pitts is at full strength. If he is hampered, they may be more vincible to non-MSSU teams.
                I cannot support your revised scenario without MSSU. If your revised scenario doesn't work out as planned, you can blame me. Lol!

Comment

I can see UCM laying an egg like last year they were in the 6-8 range in ranking before the last few games and lost two of those remaining. History could very well repeat itself with the four games left the team has already lost to Lindenwood and MO.Southern still have to play both teams again. Pitt. State almost came back it took a buzzer beater to win and that was a home game. Plus Lincoln is never an easy win in Jeff City. If the team doesn't win a minimum of three games could very well have to win the MIAA tournament to get in. Also between the other two conferences an upset in tournament play could put a sleeper in the regional just saying.

Comment

Originally posted by BearcatMediaStudent1 View Post
                    Top 10 in region according to Massey
                    1. NW Missouri (1)
                    2. Northern State (3)
                    3. Southern Nazarene (4)
                    4. Washburn (12)
                    5. Central Missouri (13)
                    6. St. Cloud (15)
                    7. Minnesota State (16)
                    8. Southwest Minnesota (17)
                    9. Central Oklahoma (18)
                    10. Missouri Southern (19)

Massey loves the Central Region.
                    I don't know much about Massey, but it should love this region.

The MIAA and NSIC are the two best leagues top to bottom from sport to sport. They take sports seriously and have many solid programs.

Comment

Lots of ball left. SMSU still has a long way to go to get a bid. I still think they might need to win the conference tournament. Far from certain in any way.

Comment

Is there a website or place to compare strength of schedule for teams. Obviously certain conferences are better than others. I figure the O.W% is opponents win percentage. Where does the first column number that says rank come from.? Thanks for the help.

Comment

Originally posted by Mule4ever View Post
                          Is there a website or place to compare strength of schedule for teams. Obviously certain conferences are better than others. I figure the O.W% is opponents win percentage. Where does the first column number that says rank come from.? Thanks for the help.
                          The first column shows overall rank nationwide, though it has been noted in the past that due to limited cross-regional play, they may not be very accurate for that purpose. But it gives you an idea of how much further ahead teams are within region.

As far as strength of schedule, yes, OW% is opponents' win percent. Massey rankings also show a SOS ranking on their website.

Comment

Originally posted by schnautza View Post
                            The first column shows overall rank nationwide, though it has been noted in the past that due to limited cross-regional play, they may not be very accurate for that purpose. But it gives you an idea of how much further ahead teams are within region.

As far as strength of schedule, yes, OW% is opponents' win percent. Massey rankings also show a SOS ranking on their website.
                            Thanks for the info, just went to Massey and the MIAA has the toughest strength of schedule followed by the NSICthe number two team Lincoln Memorial has one loss as a sos, in the 100's so I would predict that the winner of this regional could do quite well in the natty,tournament.
                            Last edited by Mule4ever; 02-14-2018, 11:03 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the info, just went to Massey and the MIAA has the toughest strength of schedule followed by the NCIS the number two team Lincoln Memorial has one loss as a sos, in the 100's so I would predict that the winner of this regional could do quite well in the natty,tournament.
                              Way to go out on a limb *(cough)Pitts(cough)*

Comment

Thanks for the info, just went to Massey and the MIAA has the toughest strength of schedule followed by the NCIS the number two team Lincoln Memorial has one loss as a sos, in the 100's so I would predict that the winner of this regional could do quite well in the natty,tournament.
                                NCIS:New Orleans with Scott Bakula or the OG?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X