Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NSIC week 7 chat

Peacocks rebound against Wayne! Still have not lost to Wayne since Dolan left UIU for Wayne. We sacrifice a pig to the gods before each game....so far it seems to work! ;)

Comment

Winona ran their offense with ruthless efficiency tonight and took advantage of an Augie D that will give you 5-10 wide open looks a night. Their gun slinger mentality from 3 was entertainingly unexpected. Also they defend as hard and as well as any non -Northern team I've seen this year. It was pleasant to see Spencer hunt his offense for a while, this team reaches their pinnacle when he's looking to score and pass in equal amounts.

Comment

Originally posted by wsuguy87 View Post
        Indeed. Still can't help wonder how good this team would be if they had 2 more players to add in the rotation and at least 1 who could go down low and bang consistently.
        A dominant post would be a great thing but it is a luxury. Each year such players constitute a very short list in the NSIC. Some years the list is non-existent. Seems like a lot of these games involve large comebacks. I think a lot of that is the most teams seem to live and die at the perimeter. When hot beyond the three point line you can make up ground in a hurry if the other team runs cold. With a horse to feed it to you can counter the threes with reliable twos. Wish we had one. We got spoiled with Smith then Vette. I have yearned for another one since.

Comment

Originally posted by wsuguy87 View Post
          I don't know who the kids performing at half time of the Augie v. Winona game are, but they're doing some pretty cool gymnastics stuff.
          Fargo Moorhead Acrobats, theyre tremendous. Every year theyre neck and neck with the Alexandria Aces for best NSIC halftime act.

Comment

Well...a 1-11 Mary team goes on the road to sweep UMC and BSU. UMC was/is having their best season ever, and BSU, with their win over Minot last night and Sioux Falls last weekend, were on the move, but the Marauders slowed down that insurgence. Laker: how come you didn't predict that Mary sweep?

Comment

Originally posted by CoachSalscheider View Post
              Laker: how come you didn't predict that Mary sweep?
              I have completely lost any magic that I might have had.

Mavs and Mustangs had a real battle in Mankato. Thanks to the Southwest fans for showing up- the place seems like a mausoleum. Thank goodness for the cheerleaders, the dance line and the band or the students would not be well represented. With the 'stang fans in attendance the game took on a tournament atmosphere. Bruggerman is amazing- the only thing that slowed him down was foul trouble. But in the end the Mavs pulled out a 72-70 win and I'm guessing that the rematch in Marshall will be even tougher for MSU.

Comment

Nice win for the Mavs tonight. The flagrant foul against the Mustangs with less than 30 seconds left in the game definitely helped MSU's cause. Kruer came through for the Mavs late in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
                  I have completely lost any magic that I might have had.

Mavs and Mustangs had a real battle in Mankato. Thanks to the Southwest fans for showing up- the place seems like a mausoleum. Thank goodness for the cheerleaders, the dance line and the band or the students would not be well represented. With the 'stang fans in attendance the game took on a tournament atmosphere. Bruggerman is amazing- the only thing that slowed him down was foul trouble. But in the end the Mavs pulled out a 72-70 win and I'm guessing that the rematch in Marshall will be even tougher for MSU.
                  Sounds like a great match-up. I sense your disappointment in the Maverick following. And your hockey team was even out of town (nice hockey win at SCSU by the way). Don't know what to say about your mediocre fan attendance. Congrats on the win!

Comment

Originally posted by CoachSalscheider View Post
                    Sounds like a great match-up. I sense your disappointment in the Maverick following. And your hockey team was even out of town (nice hockey win at SCSU by the way). Don't know what to say about your mediocre fan attendance. Congrats on the win!
                    It has been a long time since the Taj Mahal of D2 basketball has even been close to being full. I think 13 of the last 14 years have had teams with at least 21 wins, so it can't be that. Student support has been poor- and they get in for free. So has community support. Really, it is a lot of bang for the buck. When you have to depend on your visitor to put some pizzaz into a two point game you really have to wonder.

Comment

It has been a long time since the Taj Mahal of D2 basketball has even been close to being full. I think 13 of the last 14 years have had teams with at least 21 wins, so it can't be that. Student support has been poor- and they get in for free. So has community support. Really, it is a lot of bang for the buck. When you have to depend on your visitor to put some pizzaz into a two point game you really have to wonder.

Comment

It would be interesting to compare attendance figures of this year to ten years ago. I bet that overall most places continue to trend down. I see the same thing at high school games. It used to be the thing to do to go to the game. Now there seem to be too many other distractions.

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
                          Fargo Moorhead Acrobats, theyre tremendous. Every year theyre neck and neck with the Alexandria Aces for best NSIC halftime act.
                          It was entertaining as heck. When they stacked like six girls on top of one another and started leaping over the top of the stack, it was sweet!

Comment

You guys got him on an off night. Missed about 3-4 layups that normally go in. Probably one of his worst nights of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by MStateMaverick View Post
                              Nice win for the Mavs tonight. The flagrant foul against the Mustangs with less than 30 seconds left in the game definitely helped MSU's cause. Kruer came through for the Mavs late in the game.
                              What were your thoughts on it? I didn't see the play. Our radio guys agreed it was probably a good call, but they had also mentioned earlier in the game a couple times MSU guys got a little chippy and could've been assessed techs or flagrants. That being said, I don't want to blame this one on the refs. This was a really well-played game on both sides. I wish it wasn't us that had to lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
                                What were your thoughts on it? I didn't see the play. Our radio guys agreed it was probably a good call, but they had also mentioned earlier in the game a couple times MSU guys got a little chippy and could've been assessed techs or flagrants. That being said, I don't want to blame this one on the refs. This was a really well-played game on both sides. I wish it wasn't us that had to lose.
                                Our group of five didn't have the benefit of the replay so we wondered if it would get called or not. I didn't know if the sound came from the foul or him hitting the floor. Made the first, missed the second free throw. The question that we had was why didn't the shot clock reset after the free throws? No one seemed to know. Is that the usual procedure after a call like that?

Casey Lloyd in the post game talked about the intensity shown by both sides. He added "I sure wouldn't wanted to have officiated this game." Not the best performance in shooting but I saw a lot of diving for lose balls, etc.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X