Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Week 8 Chat

Originally posted by ddwitte View Post
    I didn't see much of it as we were traveling home from a wrestling tournament. From what I did watch I thought it was a bad decision for Ian to pass up an open look at 3 down 4 with 40ish seconds left. He drove and tried to dump to Doyle, but ended up throwing it away along with our chances to win.
    I even yelled at my computer on that one. You don't get looks like that in that situation very often.

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
    Something that may go unmentioned is Bruggy ran over Ian after a Wolves inbound At the end of the game, though unintentional, Smith had his knee wrapped in ice, slight limp and the look in his face after the game was concerning...

For the record, I don't hate Ryan, I hate his constant flailing and flopping all over. He is a great player, and that part doesn't impress me. #21 is easier to dislike if any. Mostly just bitter about a ridiculous, unexcusable loss.
    Let me help you, Turner Moen is #21. Two flagrant fouls to his name the past two seasons. That incidental contact (which I wholly believe it was) could prove costly. Northern was so much different last year without Smith out with concussion issues.

Comment

Interesting the Mustangs have won two straight in Aberdeen.

Comment

I'd personally put Carter Kirk back on POW watch, though I get that there were major scoring performances on Friday.

12 points, 12 rebounds vs. MSUM
        19 points, 21 rebounds vs. NSU (tied school record for single-game rebounds)

Comment

In watching the last half of the game with SMSU. I thought the home team was more distracted by the 2 piece swim suit clad coeds, than the visitors. I will say that the gals standing in long coats and opening up the jackets, while SMSU was shooting free throws, got my attention! :)

Comment

Originally posted by Thepeman View Post
            In watching the last half of the game with SMSU. I thought the home team was more distracted by the 2 piece swim suit clad coeds, than the visitors. I will say that the gals standing in long coats and opening up the jackets, while SMSU was shooting free throws, got my attention! :)
            It's been done for almost 40 years, bit that is the fewest amount I have ever seen participate.

Comment

It was a nice tune up for Hawaiian Night this weekend in Marshall...

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
                Krieger has a big night as the Mavs sweep the weekend.

It was interesting to have the men's and women's alumni players show up. Of special note for Augieholic- Heather Johnson was there and looked fantastic.
                Originally posted by MStateMaverick View Post
                Krieger with an outstanding weekend scoring and rebounding. Nice win tonight for the Mavs. Hoping Kelsey gets back to 100 percent for the upcoming weekend games.
                He showed a lot of signs last year that he was going to be a player. Then got mono and he missed 3 weeks while losing 15lbs. Really worked hard to get back and that shows. He's going to be fun to watch the rest of his career.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
                  I'd personally put Carter Kirk back on POW watch, though I get that there were major scoring performances on Friday.

12 points, 12 rebounds vs. MSUM
                  19 points, 21 rebounds vs. NSU (tied school record for single-game rebounds)
                  Losing to Moorhead this year should disqualify one from POW consideration.

Comment

Originally posted by CoachSalscheider View Post
                    Wayne sneaks past Duluth. Upper Iowa beats Minot at Minot by 10. I just CAN'T seem to get Upper Iowa right.
                    Upper Iowa has been interesting this year - I assumed we'd be a bit down from last year given we graduated 4 1000 point scorers and the defensive player of the year. My hopes were raised when we won the first 3 games out in California. I think what you are seeing from UIU is a lot of new faces and at times they look unbeatable (first half against Southwest at home, 2nd half against Minot last night), but they will always have a stretch during the game where they turn the ball over in multiple possessions, then leave wide open 3 pt shooters that drain them and their double digit lead is evaporated and a team they could have buried has the momentum and we end up losing by just a few. That really has been the story of this year. I think they could be a dangerous team in the NSIC tourney - they could have taken two from Southwest, had Minnesota State on the ropes only to lose by 3....and they have crazy losses to Crookston and Duluth which makes you scratch your head. No doubt losing the 4 seniors and the leadership/game experience that went with that has hurt, but I am encouraged on the flashes I see from this team. Smoldt is one heck of a recruit and has already shown he can score with anyone in the league....will be fun to watch him the next 3 years. Signed a couple good recruits, have some redshirts, and everyone that is playing as rs-fresh, sophs will be seasoned vets by next year.

Comment

• Re: Week 8 Chat

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
                      Losing to Moorhead this year should disqualify one from POW consideration.
                      Everyone else has gone 1-1 or worse on that road trip, which is what Southwest did.

Comment

Everyone else has gone 1-1 or worse on that road trip, which is what Southwest did.
                        None of them have won POW either.

To be clear, I don't give a (fill-in-your-favorite-expression) who wins POW. I just think that a loss to Moorhead is a bad loss and hard to overlook. A POW shouldn't lose to a bottom team.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
                          None of them have won POW either.

To be clear, I don't give a (fill-in-your-favorite-expression) who wins POW. I just think that a loss to Moorhead is a bad loss and hard to overlook. A POW shouldn't lose to a bottom team.
                          That's fair. I'm sure it's a moot point anyways, since the USF kid probably wrapped it up in the South

Comment

That's fair. I'm sure it's a moot point anyways, since the USF kid probably wrapped it up in the South
                            Indeed.

Comment

I must say, last night's win just makes Friday night's loss hurt even more than it already did. We always seem to struggle against those damn Dragons!

Comment

Originally posted by Peacock View Post
                                Upper Iowa has been interesting this year ...will be fun to watch him the next 3 years. Signed a couple good recruits, have some redshirts, and everyone that is playing as rs-fresh, sophs will be seasoned vets by next year.
                                Haven't seen your name pop in a while (maybe I've been sleeping). Good to have you back on the board.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X