Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Week 8 Chat

Originally posted by CoachSalscheider View Post
    Haven't seen your name pop in a while (maybe I've been sleeping). Good to have you back on the board.
    You haven't been sleeping! Haven't posted as much - main reason been traveling a lot, catch most games but have been lazy about posting....:)

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
      I must say, last night's win just makes Friday night's loss hurt even more than it already did. We always seem to struggle against those damn Dragons!

Get used to it as Moorhead's team is going to get back to winning ways in the future...they have some nice young talent being redshirted this year to build around in future.

Comment

Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post
        Get used to it as Moorhead's team is going to get back to winning ways in the future...they have some nice young talent being redshirted this year to build around in future.
        The defense can only improve without Kretchman and I eagerly await Travaun Coad firing at will offensively. These redshirts need to be as good as you've been hyping for months because there isnt a lot of returning talent on this roster.

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
          The defense can only improve without Kretchman and I eagerly await Travaun Coad firing at will offensively. These redshirts need to be as good as you've been hyping for months because there isnt a lot of returning talent on this roster.
          Agreed. Coad has been pretty good lately. Park and Anderson need to make strides next year. Red shirts will be much better defensively than this year's team. A lot more length. My prediction is game or two over .500 next year with steady increases thereafter as the young guys get stronger and improve. I think Moorhead 2017 class similar to Augie 2018 class. Moorhead has another scholarship or two for 2018...will see if they can get another contributor.

Comment

Agreed. Coad has been pretty good lately. Park and Anderson need to make strides next year. Red shirts will be much better defensively than this year's team. A lot more length. My prediction is game or two over .500 next year with steady increases thereafter as the young guys get stronger and improve. I think Moorhead 2017 class similar to Augie 2018 class. Moorhead has another scholarship or two for 2018...will see if they can get another contributor.
            If that is the case you have an insane and under hyped team. The class Augie has coming is pretty dang good....so I find this hard to believe. Then again, just because kids throw up big numbers in HS doesn't mean they will in the NSIC and the same for under recruited kids becoming good players. While I like the guys coming in for NSU down the road, I usually hesitate in .aming any predictions on how "great" they will be.

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
              If that is the case you have an insane and under hyped team. The class Augie has coming is pretty dang good....so I find this hard to believe. Then again, just because kids throw up big numbers in HS doesn't mean they will in the NSIC and the same for under recruited kids becoming good players. While I like the guys coming in for NSU down the road, I usually hesitate in .aming any predictions on how "great" they will be.
              No guarantees on any freshman whether under or over hyped coming out of high school...however there are some rumors going around that Moorhead's 2017 class may be as good or better (on paper) than any class they have had in a long time. Time will tell...predictions are worthless as it has to proven on court in real games...I think no question this group will be better defensively as I'm not sure they can possibly be worse

Comment

I think no question this group will be better defensively as I'm not sure they can possibly be worse
                I have watched Moorhead only marginally this season (short portions of a few games). It started with their game with BSU. But I was really surprised to see how easy it was to score on the Dragons. Guys were out of place, did not jump to the ball, didn't recover or close-out, got hung up in average screens (I could keep going). It just didn't look very good. Although I am pretty good at pointing out errors, I probably shouldn't be doing it (because my teams had their share of faults too, ask Moorhead's AD, he played for me at BSU). But I concur, their defense was not up to the awareness, execution and determination they demonstrated a couple years back.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X