Clear All

• NSIC Scores and Standings (1/27)

MEN
    Minnesota State-Mankato 87, Bemidji State 70
    Winona State 71, Mary 62
    Concordia-St. Paul 74, Minnesota-Crookston 69
    St. Cloud State 80, Augustana 63
    Upper Iowa 99, Minot State 89
    Wayne State 88, Minnesota-Duluth 86 (OT)
    Sioux Falls 70, Minnesota State-Moorhead 67
    Southwest Minnesota State 64, Northern State 57

================================

Overall
    1. Minnesota State-Mankato (18-4, 14-2)
    1. Northern State (21-3, 14-2)
    3. St. Cloud State (15-6, 11-4)
    4. Minot State (17-5, 11-5)
    4. Southwest Minnesota State (15-7, 11-5)
    6. Winona State (15-7, 10-6)
    7. Sioux Falls (14-8, 9-7)
    8. Augustana (13-9, 8-8)
    9. Wayne State (12-12, 7-9)
    10. Bemidji State (9-12, 6-10)
    10. Upper Iowa (13-12, 6-10)
    12. Minnesota-Duluth (9-12, 5-10)
    13. Minnesota-Crookston (8-14, 5-11)
    14. Minnesota State-Moorhead (6-16, 4-12)
    15. Concordia-St. Paul (4-18, 3-13)
    15. Mary (5-15, 3-13)

North Division
    1. Northern State (21-3, 14-2)
    2. St. Cloud State (15-6, 11-4)
    3. Minot State (17-5, 11-5)
    4. Bemidji State (9-12, 6-10)
    5. Minnesota-Duluth (9-12, 5-10)
    6. Minnesota-Crookston (8-14, 5-11)
    7. Minnesota State-Moorhead (6-16, 4-12)
    8. Mary (5-15, 3-13)

South Division
    2. Southwest Minnesota State (15-7, 11-5)
    3. Winona State (15-7, 10-6)
    4. Sioux Falls (14-8, 9-7)
    5. Augustana (13-9, 8-8)
    6. Wayne State (12-12, 7-9)
    7. Upper Iowa (13-12, 6-10)
    8. Concordia-St. Paul (4-18, 3-13)

Re: NSIC Scores and Standings (1/27)

WOMEN
    Minnesota State-Mankato 65, Bemidji State 33
    Minot State 85, Upper Iowa 57
    Minnesota State-Moorhead 69, Sioux Falls 58
    Mary 81, Winona State 64
    Wayne State 76, Minnesota-Duluth 70
    Northern State 79, Southwest Minnesota State 62
    Minnesota-Crookston 75, Concordia-St. Paul 60
    Augustana 76, St. Cloud State 74 (OT)

==================================

Overall
    1. Augustana (19-1, 15-1)
    2. Minnesota State-Moorhead (17-3, 14-2)
    3. Northern State (18-4, 13-3)
    4. Wayne State (18-6, 12-4)
    5. Sioux Falls (13-7, 10-6)
    6. St. Cloud State (12-7, 9-6)
    7. Winona State (13-7, 9-7)
    8. Minnesota-Duluth (11-8, 8-7)
    9. Minot State (11-9, 8-8)
    10. Mary (11-11, 7-9)
    11. Minnesota-Crookston (6-14, 6-10)
    11. Minnesota State-Mankato (8-14, 6-10)
    13. Concordia-St. Paul (7-15, 4-12)
    14. Bemidji State (4-16, 3-13)
    14. Southwest Minnesota State (4-15, 3-13)
    16. Upper Iowa (2-20, 0-16)

North Division
    1. Minnesota State-Moorhead (17-3, 14-2)
    2. Northern State (18-4, 13-3)
    3. St. Cloud State (12-7, 9-6)
    4. Minnesota-Duluth (11-8, 8-7)
    5. Minot State (11-9, 8-8)
    6. Mary (11-11, 7-9)
    7. Minnesota-Crookston (6-14, 6-10)
    8. Bemidji State (4-16, 3-13)

South Division
    1. Augustana (19-1, 15-1)
    2. Wayne State (18-6, 12-4)
    3. Sioux Falls (13-7, 10-6)
    4. Winona State (13-7, 9-7)
    5. Minnesota State-Mankato (8-14, 6-10)
    6. Concordia-St. Paul (7-15, 4-12)
    7. Southwest Minnesota State (4-15, 3-13)
    8. Upper Iowa (2-20, 0-16)

Comment

Games for Friday, February 2
      Minnesota State-Mankato at Minnesota-Duluth
      Minnesota State-Moorhead at Winona State
      Concordia-St. Paul at St. Cloud State
      Augustana at Minnesota-Crookston
      Northern State at Upper Iowa
      Minot State at Southwest Minnesota State
      Mary at Sioux Falls
      Wayne State at Bemidji State

Comment

Originally posted by wscsuperfan View Post
        MEN

================================

Overall
        I know it's tied, and technically Northern has the tie breaker, but I never thought this is where we'd see MSU at this point after their first five games. The team has come together nicely and they all seem to know their role very well. Hopefully they'll continue to improve and get healthy.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
          I know it's tied, and technically Northern has the tie breaker, but I never thought this is where we'd see MSU at this point after their first five games. The team has come together nicely and they all seem to know their role very well. Hopefully they'll continue to improve and get healthy.
          This.

I didn't expect this after watching the loss to St. Cloud at home. And speaking of SCSU- look at who is sneaking up there to the #3 overall spot. And Winona just a game behind Southwest! This conference race is turning out to being much more heated- especially once the playoffs begin.

Comment

I had not expected either that MSU would be in serious contention for the South championship, overall championship, and regional berth; at the end of January.
            On the women's side, I am surprised at Moorhead's ascendancy; also by Winona's gradual drop the past few weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
              This.

I didn't expect this after watching the loss to St. Cloud at home. And speaking of SCSU- look at who is sneaking up there to the #3 overall spot. And Winona just a game behind Southwest! This conference race is turning out to being much more heated- especially once the playoffs begin.
              I always say it's not about how you start, but about how you finish. Injuries or not, the Wolves are not playing great basketball and until we know when Peterka is coming back (if he even is) my enthusiasm has faded, especially with that horrid showing on Saturday. I've been dreading this road trip for awhile as I have been somewhat of a believer in Winona since early on. With UIU ypu never know what can happen.

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
                I always say it's not about how you start, but about how you finish. Injuries or not, the Wolves are not playing great basketball and until we know when Peterka is coming back (if he even is) my enthusiasm has faded, especially with that horrid showing on Saturday. I've been dreading this road trip for awhile as I have been somewhat of a believer in Winona since early on. With UIU ypu never know what can happen.
                I'm in major hoping mode that one of the 2 homestanding teams can step up and snatch a victory from the jaws of defeat this weekend against Northern, and that SCSU can somehow find a way to fend off stompin matt. Thinking about roadtripping out to Aberdeen on the 17th to catch that one. Wouldn't be as much fun if it doesn't mean anything.

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
                  Winona is playing decent ball right now and seems to be coming together well. Saturday night in Mary was a pretty unimpressive performance, but still managed to get the job done. And this Warrior team is a different club at home. I've been waiting for this Northern match up for a couple weeks as i think it will be a good barometer as to where they really stand. That, and of course, the game with MSU that's left on the schedule.

Comment

The thing about the Winona matchup for Northern is they'll space you out. Every one of their starters can shoot and make 3s. Their 6-foot-8 "center" Tommy Gathje was 7 of 11 from 3-point range in the two games against Southwest. It can be a problem for a bigger group of centers like Northern has.

Comment

Originally posted by wsuguy87 View Post
                      Winona is playing decent ball right now and seems to be coming together well. Saturday night in Mary was a pretty unimpressive performance, but still managed to get the job done. And this Warrior team is a different club at home. I've been waiting for this Northern match up for a couple weeks as i think it will be a good barometer as to where they really stand. That, and of course, the game with MSU that's left on the schedule.
                      That they are but they are beginning to get it figured out on the road too with three wins over the last two weekends. You have to hand it to them. This weekend their traveling contingency consisted of nine players. They really embrace the team concept. No superstars but they all can play.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
                        The thing about the Winona matchup for Northern is they'll space you out. Every one of their starters can shoot and make 3s. Their 6-foot-8 "center" Tommy Gathje was 7 of 11 from 3-point range in the two games against Southwest. It can be a problem for a bigger group of centers like Northern has.
                        I've complained a bit about Winona's lack of post presence but Gathje holds his own pretty well for a lean guy plus he can step out and be deadly beyond the three point line. I have noticed WSU is doing a great job with spacing and ball movement and pretty much all their players, except maybe Koontz, are very good outside shooters. Koontz will nail one from time-to-time as well. I'm beginning to understand why a lot of teams might prefer not to play Winona.

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
                          That they are but they are beginning to get it figured out on the road too with three wins over the last two weekends. You have to hand it to them. This weekend their traveling contingency consisted of nine players. They really embrace the team concept. No superstars but they all can play.
                          I'm with you, 100 percent. They're coming together nicely and can be tough to guard. They're certainly streaky (as all "3-point shooting" teams are), but they showed last weekend they can get to the rim a bit as well.

It was nice to see all 9 guys get involved in the rotation. I'm still not sure why it's taken this long for Peyton to get regular minutes, but as was noted earlier, he seems like he fits. I hate to get too excited about the team (as they have had let downs through the year), but I am.
                          Last edited by wsuguy87; 01-29-2018, 05:53 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X