Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NSIC Men's Scores, Final Standings & Tournament Bracket (2/17)

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NSIC Men's Scores, Final Standings & Tournament Bracket (2/17)

Originally posted by cat fan View Post
    Sioux City's unique odor achieved its own legendary status, and it was well-earned. However the stock yards by the interstate are now long gone and the smell is pretty much a thing of the past. It would actually be a pretty good location. The tough old cow town is gentrifying. The Tyson Center is a first class arena, plenty of hotels and surprisingly good restaurants, centrally located between NSIC and MIAA, and nobody gets a home field advantage. They host the NAIA women's national tourney at the Tyson every year and draw good crowds. They also get NAIA wrestling and volleyball tournaments. It is a good sports town, and they know how to put on a big event. Sign 'em up.
    When I drive through a year ago the smell lingered

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
      Years ago Northern used to host another conference school and two out of conference schools. I know it was Kearney and NWMSU but can't think of the NSIC school. Either way, people are so nuts over hoops up there that even the two games that didn't involve NSU had high attendence.
      You talking a nonconference tournament in like November? I remember a weekend up in Aberdeen about a decade ago that SMSU played up there, but they played against Mankato (NCC days) and Upper Iowa, which was about to join the NSIC but hadn't officially yet. It was the third year in a row we were in one of those NSIC/NCC type challenges. Previous two years for us were in Vermillion and Mankato. That's the type of thing I personally miss the most about the NCC. Playing the MIAA and GAC is great, but I wish we had out-of-conference regional opponents closer by.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
        You talking a nonconference tournament in like November? I remember a weekend up in Aberdeen about a decade ago that SMSU played up there, but they played against Mankato (NCC days) and Upper Iowa, which was about to join the NSIC but hadn't officially yet. It was the third year in a row we were in one of those NSIC/NCC type challenges. Previous two years for us were in Vermillion and Mankato. That's the type of thing I personally miss the most about the NCC. Playing the MIAA and GAC is great, but I wish we had out-of-conference regional opponents closer by.
        Yup. Our men and women both used to it.

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
          When I drive through a year ago the smell lingered
          Not saying you don't get some remnants of the old smell, but if you hated it last year it would have literally incapacitated you a decade ago.

You would be coming from the north, so you would hit the Tyson Center long before crossing the old stockyard canal :)

Comment

Originally posted by cat fan View Post
            Not saying you don't get some remnants of the old smell, but if you hated it last year it would have literally incapacitated you a decade ago.

You would be coming from the north, so you would hit the Tyson Center long before crossing the old stockyard canal :)
            It was! Haha. We ran at the Sioux City Relays every year. Two guarantees, you'd get a sun burn and you'd gag on the scent. That said, I now live in sugar beet country and I'd take the Sioux City scent.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
            Working...
            X