• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016-17 MSU Mavs Basketball

Preseason poll picks Mavs for the top, Fuqua for South POTY

http://northernsun.org/news/2016/10/...025160034.aspx

Re: 2016-17 MSU Mavs Basketball

Fuqua is a real competitor. Hopefully he can be the nucleus for a good season, and unite the transfers into a solid team.

Comment

On the women's side, the Mavs need Delzotto to return to her form of two years ago. Scherber is back, and she can make things happen. The very good inside player from Mankato East (can't recall her name right now) established herself last year as a force in the paint. Jordan will hopefully contribute this year also. Someone will need to step up in the post area to replace the one graduating senior from last year. Some of last year's freshmen and sophomores showed potential last year, so if they worked hard in the off season MSU could have a good season. Haven't heard if any of the incoming freshman will get much PT or not; will soon find out.

Comment

Originally posted by MStateMaverick View Post
        Fuqua is a real competitor. Hopefully he can be the nucleus for a good season, and unite the transfers into a solid team.

Fuqua along with Witthus and Harper form the nucleus of this year's team IMO- at least until we see how all the transfers pan out.

Here's hoping Witthus and Harper don't suffer a sophomore jinx.

Comment

Agree. Witthus and Harper were definite solid players in their freshman year, and hoping they continue to improve with more experience.

Comment

Mav men ranked 17th in NABC preseason poll

http://msumavericks.com/news/2016/11...Preseason+Poll

Comment

Anyone hear how the exhibition game vs. St. John's turned out tonight?

Comment

Anyone hear how the exhibition game vs. St. John's turned out tonight?
                The game is Thursday night (11/3) according to their schedule.

One interesting thing I noticed though is that there are no live internet feeds of home games- same on the Stretch internet site.

Anyone know anything about this?

Comment

Originally posted by njmav1 View Post
                  The game is Thursday night (11/3) according to their schedule.

One interesting thing I noticed though is that there are no live internet feeds of home games- same on the Stretch internet site.

Anyone know anything about this?
                  Thank you, for some reason I thought it was last night.
                  I had not heard of a new policy of no live internet feeds for basketball.

Comment

Thank you, for some reason I thought it was last night.

I had not heard of a new policy of no live internet feeds for basketball.

Hopefully the home games will have the live feeds. They have an interesting line up and I'm really looking forward to watching them.

Comment

Men's team starts the season this coming weekend in St Cloud.

Game of interest looks to be on Saturday against Missouri Southern- for whom junior transfer Charlie Brown played last year.

Comment

Mav women lose to Marquette in exhibition 78-75. Glad that they gave them a fight.

http://msumavericks.com/news/2016/11...+Play%2c+78-75

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
                          Mav women lose to Marquette in exhibition 78-75. Glad that they gave them a fight.

http://msumavericks.com/news/2016/11...+Play%2c+78-75
                          Jordan had 17 points, which gives some reason for optimism that she will help the cause this season. No idea how good or not Marquette is this year, but to stay with a division I is encouraging. Schroeder and Ziegler rebounded and scored inside fairly well. Hoping Delzotto can get back to her form of two years ago.
                          Next exhibition is vs. Hamline, so hard to get a read from that one. The real tests will begin vs. some MIAA's soon.

Comment

I have no idea what to expect from Missouri Southern. Almost a completely new team with a bunch of transfers and freshmen. At MOSO Madness, they looked VERY athletic and will probably play a fast aggressive style.

Comment

Originally posted by mosofan View Post
                              I have no idea what to expect from Missouri Southern. Almost a completely new team with a bunch of transfers and freshmen. At MOSO Madness, they looked VERY athletic and will probably play a fast aggressive style.
                              Got any good Charlie Brown stories I might be able to "share" this weekend. Or even on the 26th.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X