Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Regional Matchups and Predictions

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post
    These conditions of parole have gotten way out of hand.

Comment

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post
      These conditions of parole have gotten way out of hand.
      Holy crap that made me laugh out loud.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
        What's with the guy in the yellow jacket?
        That is our CEO of the Alumni Foundation.

Comment

Originally posted by NSUguy View Post
          When do you think they will announce time of game?
          Not sure, but it is one $15 ticket ($22.40 with fees) that covers the 4 games Tuesday.

Comment

Reseeding is dumb IMO. If you want to seed the tournament before it starts by ranking the top seeds that's OK. But set a bracket and let it play out. If upsets happen so be it.

Comment

Originally posted by ddwitte View Post
              Not sure, but it is one $15 ticket ($22.40 with fees) that covers the 4 games Tuesday.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
                Reseeding is dumb IMO. If you want to seed the tournament before it starts by ranking the top seeds that's OK. But set a bracket and let it play out. If upsets happen so be it.
                Reseeding makes sense because the full field isnt seeded beforehand like the D1 tourney. Why not use all available information to reward teams who had great seasons against strong schedules with better seeds vs randomly matching them up?

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
                  Reseeding makes sense because the full field isnt seeded beforehand like the D1 tourney. Why not use all available information to reward teams who had great seasons against strong schedules with better seeds vs randomly matching them up?
                  Because reseeding punishes those who pull off upsets. Upset someone in your regional, get the toughest quarterfinal draw at the Elite 8.

Comment

Because reseeding punishes those who pull off upsets. Upset someone in your regional, get the toughest quarterfinal draw at the Elite 8.
                    As it should be because a team who pulls off an upset does so because they had an objectively weaker regular season than the team being upset. The Elite Eight contains the winners of each Region so why shouldnt it be set up exactly like the eight Regionals that preceeded it?

Comment

If the tournament was structured the same as the D-I I would agree. However, the way it was before, the two best teams in the country might play each other in the round of 8. Why shouldn't they attempt to make those better match-ups happen in the championship. It's already bad enough that teams get stuck in tough regions and can't get to the elite 8. I feel like for sure in 2006 NSU was one the best 8 teams in the country, but we couldn't beat Winona. I'm not saying they should change the way they do the regions, but I think reseeding is only being fair to teams that have had great seasons.
                      Last edited by ddwitte; 03-13-2018, 09:50 PM.

Comment

Did nobody see where I said to seed the Elite 8 based on the top seeds of each region before the tournament starts? If you do that the top 2 teams won't play each other in the quarterfinals.

Comment

Originally posted by ddwitte View Post
                          If the tournament was structured the same as the D-I I would agree. However, the way it was before the two best teams in the country might play each other in the round of 8. Why shouldn't they attempt to make those better match-ups happen in the championship. It's already bad enough that teams get stuck in tough regions and can't get to the elite 8. I feel like for sure in 2006 NSU was one the best 8 teams in the country, but we couldn't beat Winona. I'm not saying they should change the way they do the regions, but I think reseeding is only being fair to teams that have had great seasons.

Comment

Did nobody see where I said to seed the Elite 8 based on the top seeds of each region before the tournament starts? If you do that the top 2 teams won't play each other in the quarterfinals.
                            One team does not make a region. All available evidence should be considered not just one team's resume.

Comment

The D1 tourney seeds every team and does its best to put the top 1 seed with the worst 2 seed and so on. If you do that from the start theres no need to re-seed in my mind.

Comment

I guess I was attempting to say that in the D1 tournament since there is flexibility to what regions teams are put in. The pre-tournament seeding is more true. I didn't like the old system because it was just a rotation of which region played which. If they ranked the 8 1 seeds prior to the tournament and structured it such that, absent upsets, the best teams would meet in the final then so be it. The randomness is what bothered me about the old system. I get and appreciate the D1 concept of playing your way out of a bad seed, but in theold systems there was no seeding done outside of regions at any point.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X