Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Elite Eight

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
    I mean...it's easy to make a case as a fan, but when it comes to awards I usually leave it up to others on here to defend anything, just to know if it is seen by all. It is what it is.
    I take the lack of awards as a complement. A true team does not need a superstar to be successful and NSU proved that. On the other hand, some players and teams seem to get more hype than others for some reason. Absent a couple devastating horrific calls in the championship game it would have gone to Northern (there were missed calls both ways but on watching the replay again the worst calls against NSU hurt us more than the worst calls against Ferris in my opinion).. Just the breaks of the game. We got lucky numerous times to get to the championship and our string ran out a bit early unfortunately. What a run though.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
      DII Bulletin released its All-American team. Despite making it to the national championship game, the Wolves had no players make any level of the team. That includes 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Team, as well as the Honorable Mention list, which is considerable.

https://www.wusports.com/documents/2...?ismobile=true

On the one hand, we have said all year that they were definitely a true team rather than a star player or two, but on the other hand, it's still kind of amazing.
      The Mules 2014 national championship team had no all-americans of any type. None of the teams or honorable mention on any of the recognized services or publications. They also had no all-region selections.

The 1984 national champion had maybe the best player in D2 in Ron Nunnelly. Just shows there are multiple ways to build a championship team.

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
        Saw that Ferris big man Hankins is transferring to Xavier...um, good luck
        Now it is official

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
        Working...
        X