Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coach Slifer and Coach Nick are great guys and I could only be happier for them if they'd won the natty as Griffons. Congratulations, Jennies!

Comment

Re: Women's Elite Eight

Jennies withstood the storm when Ashland came out and hit their first seven shots. Jennies shoot 64% in the first half to grab the lead. The second half was a slugfest. Tough defense all the way around and the Jennies made a few more plays down the stretch. Pretty sure Williams and Redmond played the entire 40 minutes again. Great game plan by Slifer and the Jennies executed it pretty darn well. Throughout the entire first half the Ashland coach was begging for some calls and you could tell that Ashland was getting frustrated. When they couldn't pull ahead in the third I knew the Jens would run clock in the 4th. Thankfully Ashland couldn't make any shots.

Going to really miss lee and Williams next year but the rest all return. Slifer was high on this team even before the season started and we see why. They really played well together and were unselfish and a joy to watch.

Way to go Jens!

Comment

Originally posted by Mulas View Post
        Central Missouri Jennies win the National Soccer Championship in November and now win the National Basketball Championship. That smacks of the run NW had in the 2016 & 17 season in football and basketball.

Way to go Jennies !
        We will talk when you get the mbb and fb combo ;). Congrats to the Jens though, the MIAA is clearly the class of D2 when considering all athletics!

Comment

Originally posted by hoopster View Post
          We will talk when you get the mbb and fb combo ;). Congrats to the Jens though, the MIAA is clearly the class of D2 when considering all athletics!
          Have to agree with that. Since 2008 eight different conference schools have won at least one national championship in a sport sponsored by the MIAA. This leaves stuff like rowing, lacrosse, field hockey, etc out of the equation.

Comment

Congrats UCM on winning the national championship and snapping their 73 game win streak.

Comment

Originally posted by wscsuperfan View Post
              A local breakfast establishment?
              Yes

Comment

Congrats to the Jennies on winning the national championship! One tough defensive team and an unselfish great passing team. When they played in Joplin earlier this year, I walked away saying they are the best passing team I have ever seen. Congrats to the Jennies and Coach Slifer.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X