Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MWSU men's coach

It's official, Sundance Wicks from Northern State.

Those I've talked to are really excited about the hire.

Re: MWSU men's coach

As you should be

Comment

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post
      It's official, Sundance Wicks from Northern State.

Those I've talked to are really excited about the hire.
      Congrats to the Griffs, look forward to some regional matchups in a few years. That would be a lot of fun.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESSB...ature=youtu.be

Comment

The Aberdeen News is quite upset about this apparently as they were given no credit for the use of their pictures. Not me, just from what I saw.

Comment

Comment

Just joking here, but the guy doesn't look like somebody you would envision with a cool name like Sundance Wicks.

Congrats to MoWest and The Sundance Kid. Does he go by Sunny or the whole Sundance thing?

Or maybe he goes by the nickname Wick.
              Last edited by Donkeydamus; 03-28-2018, 07:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mulas View Post
                Just joking here, but the guy doesn't look like somebody you would envision with a cool name like Sundance Wicks.

Congrats to MoWest and The Sundance Kid. Does he go by Sunny or the whole Sundance thing?
                Have you seen him wearing his flesh colored suit yet?

Comment

Look up a pic from his playing days....haha

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
                    Have you seen him wearing his flesh colored suit yet?
                    Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
                    Look up a pic from his playing days....haha

Fair complexioned bald guy with glasses wearing a flesh colored suit....that can't be a good look.

I couldn't find a picture from his playing days....if you can find one post it.

In all seriousness, he sounds like a good guy and very capable coach. Hope he does well in the MIAA except when he plays the Lame Mules. Still hoping Coach K finds another gig and leaves UCM.

Comment

Or maybe he goes by the nickname Wick.
                      The part in bold basically sums it all up.

Comment

I knew Sundance from when I started college and he ended. From the first time until now he is one of the most genuine guys I know. Though the "Juice Man" thing is deemed corny by some, he brings an insane amount of energy and enthusiasm into every single day and it isn't work, it's natural. When he talks to people he makes them feel as if they truly are the most important people in the world at that moment. He has an incredible amount of basketball knowledge that he has built up over the years starting with Coach Meyer. He has worked with and developed players at every level of the game. So much experience for being a young guy still.

I don't know what your fan base is like, I just know if they aren't happy with him they never will be. He can recruit, coach and is an incredible community guy. I really can't put into words how much he'll be missed.

Comment

Originally posted by Shanghai Mule View Post
                          Fair complexioned bald guy with glasses wearing a flesh colored suit....that can't be a good look.

In all seriousness, he sounds like a good guy and very capable coach. Hope he does well in the MIAA except when he plays the Lame Mules. Still hoping Coach K finds another gig and leaves UCM.
                          https://www.aberdeennews.com/enterta...eed0c11.html#6

Comment

Originally posted by Shanghai Mule View Post

As MrAugustana alluded to Sundance Wicks' schtick is A LOT to handle if you're not a Northern/Missouri Western fan. Every coach, including Augustana's own Tom Billeter has a schtick but Sundance's can be especially exhausting. Heres a quick primer through my biased lense:

Exhibit #1 is his twitter feed: @CoachSundance

Exhibit #2 is his previously referenced attire. I would be shocked if he doesnt wear a bright yellow suit during his time in St Joe.

Exhibit #3 is every quote given here:

http://nsuwolves.com/news/2016/4/14/...ant-coach.aspx

Im sure he'll supply several more examples now that hes in charge of a program. Who knows how his time as a Griffon will play out but we'll all be sick of the word "juice" very quickly.

Comment

Good thing he's not the football coach.....those unmerciful football posters would have a field day with old Juice Pop.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X