Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MWSU men's coach

Originally posted by Shanghai Mule View Post
    Let me guess his name.......Butch Cassidy Wicks ?

Comment

I don't think he'd come. If Paul is out it would Smiley or Nelson or Hammer....

Comment

Originally posted by ddwitte View Post
        I don't think he'd come. If Paul is out it would Smiley or Nelson or Hammer....
        Wicks is not coming back, nor is Ryan Miller...Smiley or Hammer maybe, don't forget O'Conner, I very much doubt Moon would hire a HS coach. Dan Dewitt is also running around getting experience though I would put him above anyone yet

Comment

Originally posted by nsufan View Post
          Sundance's younger brother is an Assistant Coach at the University of the Pacific, Stockton CA.
          Originally posted by Shanghai Mule View Post
          Let me guess his name.......Butch Cassidy Wicks ?

Can't be just Luke Wicks. Surely that's short for Cool Hand Luke Wicks.

Comment

Sunny Delight: Sundance full of passion in Western intro: http://www.newspressnow.com/sports/s...9cdd30a37.html

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
              Wicks is not coming back, nor is Ryan Miller...Smiley or Hammer maybe, don't forget O'Conner, I very much doubt Moon would hire a HS coach. Dan Dewitt is also running around getting experience though I would put him above anyone yet

Comment

Haha, yup

Comment

If Sather leaves, I hear that the UCM guys highly recommend Coach K.

Comment

Originally posted by mosofan1 View Post
                    If Sather leaves, I hear that the UCM guys highly recommend Coach K.
                    True story. He kills with previous coach's guys. So I've heard.

Comment

Who is O'Conner? Starting to think maybe Houston Reed should be mentioned, he seems quite involved in the twitter circle.

Comment

Is MW this dude's first head gig? It's great to be that way as an assistant but that juice adds a lot of fuel to a crash and burn scenario when you are the leader. Personality only, he seams more fit to be a S&C coach than the guy needing to maintain his composure in late game situations. MW has absolutely zero to lose though as they haven't been relevant in years. MW used to put some highly talented squads on the floor.

Comment

Originally posted by Taxman View Post
                          Is MW this dude's first head gig? It's great to be that way as an assistant but that juice adds a lot of fuel to a crash and burn scenario when you are the leader. Personality only, he seams more fit to be a S&C coach than the guy needing to maintain his composure in late game situations. MW has absolutely zero to lose though as they haven't been relevant in years. MW used to put some highly talented squads on the floor.
                          This is the first HC gig for the self-proclaimed Juice Man

Comment

He was the Interim HC at Northern Illinois I believe. Without question, it will take the right type of players so I wouldn't set the bar too high in year one or two. Has a lot of connections so I'm sure the talent will come in. But like most head coaches you try to find the exact guys that fit what you want then have to fill positions with what's left when some fall through. I wouldn't worry about the hype during games or struggling with scenarios. His preparation will be incredible and the "Juice" is more an approach on life. Rarely did I see him doing any crazy hype stuff during games.

Comment

It is his first head coaching job. There have been plenty of successful head coaches with strong personalities of one type or another; I'm not worried about that at all.

Comment

I've been meaning to ask, but does Sundance get to bring the name "Title Town" with him to St. Joseph, or does Aberdeen own the rights to that name?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X