Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 11-12-16 Games

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
    Was a fun game. Frustrating that Carr throws the ball at the bucket and it goes in. But, I suppose at 5'6" he practices that.
    Watching him dance with Pitts will be a delight

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
      Watching him dance with Pitts will be a delight
      Indeed. I am still baffled as to why team don't post those guys up. Perhaps they will later in the season.

Comment

Mavs won in every stat expect two, and most importantly, the one that counts (score). 21 TOs to 11. Austin and Fuqua had 15 if the 21 TOs. That HAS to get better.

Comment

On the plus side to Fuqua's TOs, he is now 18-21 from the field on the season. I'm going to guess that leads the conference... (for players with more than 5 shots anyway)

Comment

I'll stop posting for a bit now since this thread should really be titled Purple Mav Man's random thoughts at this point. Sorry.

Comment

I'll stop posting for a bit now since this thread should really be titled Purple Mav Man's random thoughts at this point. Sorry.
              You miss 100% of the posts you don't post.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
                You miss 100% of the posts you don't post.
                I'll add another random thought. Am beyond surprised that 0-4 St. Cloud is ahead of Pitt by 30 at halftime. Clearly Pitt has already checked out.

Comment

I don't know how good FHSU is, but SMSU had a convincing 84-60 win over them today.

USF up on Emporia State 13-6 in first half

Comment

UMC has a true freshman averaging 27.5 ppg through the team's first two games.....and they won one of them!

Comment

Witthus puts up 30, but Carr for MSSU puts up 47 (not a typo). Looks like it must've been a fun game to watch.
                      Carr can play, put up 25 points 12 assists and 7 steals vs SCSU the night before

Comment

The was a technical foul called in the 2nd half when the Mavs were shooting FTs. MSSU got one shot (which they made) but it was a VERY suspect technical. Not the refs fault and never will be, but that was unfortunate. On to the next game.
                        That ref (Josh Klem) gave Mankato a delay of game warning coming out of a time out, later a bench warning for something (someone was standing I think), then came the technical which was very costly as the game ended up going to ot.
                        Matt was a little hot after the game as I seen him behind the scorers table giving it to a ref that was working the next game about what happened

This is the same ref that kicked some SCSU fans out last year. Huge ego

Comment

Originally posted by Husky View Post
                          That ref (Josh Klem) gave Mankato a delay of game warning coming out of a time out, later a bench warning for something (someone was standing I think), then came the technical which was very costly as the game ended up going to ot.
                          Matt was a little hot after the game as I seen him behind the scorers table giving it to a ref that was working the next game about what happened

This is the same ref that kicked some SCSU fans out last year. Huge ego
                          Yeah, that guy sucked all game. Continually after only MSU players for things both teams were doing. Very costly indeed, but I'll never blame a game on the refs. MSU had plenty of chances to win. That was just a very unfortunate and suspect technical.

Super thin skin if he threw out some SCSU fans last year.

Comment

Going to double OT after a strange call on a made 3pt basket that also gave MSSU two free throws. Fun game.
                            Foul on the rebounders. I think that they called it originally because they didn't think the 3 was going to go in, but then it took a very strange bounce and ended up in the hoop and they had blown the whistle for the foul.

Comment

The was a technical foul called in the 2nd half when the Mavs were shooting FTs. MSSU got one shot (which they made) but it was a VERY suspect technical. Not the refs fault and never will be, but that was unfortunate. On to the next game.
                              Absolutely the refs fault. Apparently all Matt said to him was "Josh, you're not ready for this league", and he whacked him. Not good.

Comment

Witthus puts up 30, but Carr for MSSU puts up 47 (not a typo). Looks like it must've been a fun game to watch.
                                I'd get my tickets now for any Pitts Carr match-ups this year. They will be fun to watch. He is a very good player.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X