Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top Returning NSIC Players

I'm sure others will have some much better additions to this than I will, but I was thinking about some of the best returning players from each class (as well as who we think will be some of the best freshmen this year, which is much more of a guessing game than returning players).

This is not a complete list by any means, as I'm not going to take the time to deep dive into each team's rosters and compare stats from last year, although I might check a few. Basically I'm lazy and if there are obvious players I'm overlooking, throw them out there for discussion.

Seniors
    -Drew Guebert, USF
    -Ryan Bruggeman, SMSU
    -Trevon Evans, USF
    -Ian Smith, NSU
    -Gage Davis, SCSU
    -Sean Smith, SCSU
    -Kendall Jacks, WSC - He's one of my favorites on this list, for whatever reason
    -Tommy Gathje, WSU
    -Dennis Austin III, U-Mary via UIU (as noted/corrected by Augieholic) - He was one of UIU's better players last year
    -Bryndan Matthews, CSP - Has been one of the only bright spots for Concordia in the past 2-3 years
    -Travaun Coad, MSU-M

Juniors
    -Harrison Cleary, UMC
    -Brandon Myer, UMD - I really didn't have any idea how good this guy was until I checked the stats.
    -Kevin Krieger, MSU
    -Caleb Wagner, WSU - I didn't watch enough WSU. He was 2nd Team All-Conference last season, so I'm guessing he's deserving. I just would've never guessed him without pulling up the All-NSIC release from last year.
    -Johnny Beeninga, MSU-M
    -Cameron Kirksey, Mankato - I could see him being a bigger impact player for the Mavs this year.

I would love to add Augie's Adam Dykman to this list, but I'd like to see a little more consistency from him this next year.

Sophomores
    -Joe Smoldt, UIU - He is good at basketball.
    -Matt Cartwright, Augie - Had some solid stretches last season, but would love to see him get up into that 11-14 ppg range this season.
    -Avan Ward, CSP - Was the 2nd-leading scorer for the Golden Bears last year...which isn't saying much, but he still put up points.

This is a great place for other fans to fill their suggestions in. I didn't pay enough attention to younger guys on opposing teams' rosters.

Freshmen (I know I said top returning players, but figured I'd throw freshmen in anyway.)
    -AJ Plitzuweit, Augie
    -Michael Schaefer, Augie - Had offers from just about every top tier NSIC school.
    -All of MSU-M's redshirt freshmen (according to Moorhead123) ;)

Even more than the sophomores, I really haven't paid much attention to incoming freshmen. Sorry other teams and other teams' fans. I'm guessing this category will mostly be a guess of who everyone thinks their team's best incoming freshman/freshmen might be.

Transfers
    -Mankato - You know. (Seriously though, the guy they got from Northern Iowa is really good.)
    -Tyler Riemersma, Augie - Hoping he turns out to be solid. Played good minutes for Navy last year as a true freshman. Would love to see him come in and be an impact big right out of the gate.
    -Probably someone for St. Cloud too.
    Last edited by MrAugustana; 09-04-2018, 08:29 AM.

Re: Top Returning NSIC Players

I expect senior Addison Park to have a good year for msum. He can score. His problem is consistency inside defensively and rebounding.

Irsfeld, Sem and Baumgartner are three redshirt freshman from msum that will show some flashes this year. Bergh may be a little raw yet and need some more seasoning before getting significant minutes.

I would assume the Mankato senior transfer Miller, from NDSU, will be a factor in the post. Senior Carlos Anderson from Mankato is a strong athlete.

Concirdia pg junior transfer, Mobley, was a really good/strong high school player in St. Paul. Will be curious to see his game.

Comment

Seniorr Theisen from scsu should have good season (maybe the real key to scsu being a real factor at top end of conference/country)
      Last edited by Moorhead123; 09-03-2018, 10:07 PM.

Comment

Dennis Austin III transferred from UIU to Mary, so his stats will definitely see a healthy increase

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
          I'm sure others will have some much better additions to this than I will, but I was thinking about some of the best returning players from each class (as well as who we think will be some of the best freshmen this year, which is much more of a guessing game than returning players).

This is not a complete list by any means, as I'm not going to take the time to deep dive into each team's rosters and compare stats from last year, although I might check a few. Basically I'm lazy and if there are obvious players I'm overlooking, throw them out there for discussion.

Seniors
          -Drew Guebert, USF
          -Ryan Bruggeman, SMSU
          -Trevon Evans, USF
          -Ian Smith, NSU
          -Gage Davis, SCSU
          -Sean Smith, SCSU
          -Kendall Jacks, WSC - He's one of my favorites on this list, for whatever reason
          -Tommy Gathje, WSU
          -Dennis Austin III, U-Mary via UIU (as noted/corrected by Augieholic) - He was one of UIU's better players last year
          -Bryndan Matthews, CSP - Has been one of the only bright spots for Concordia in the past 2-3 years
          -Travaun Coad, MSU-M

Juniors
          -Harrison Cleary, UMC
          -Brandon Myer, UMD - I really didn't have any idea how good this guy was until I checked the stats.
          -Kevin Krieger, MSU
          -Caleb Wagner, WSU - I didn't watch enough WSU. He was 2nd Team All-Conference last season, so I'm guessing he's deserving. I just would've never guessed him without pulling up the All-NSIC release from last year.
          -Johnny Beeninga, MSU-M
          -Cameron Kirksey, Mankato - I could see him being a bigger impact player for the Mavs this year.

I would love to add Augie's Adam Dykman to this list, but I'd like to see a little more consistency from him this next year.

Sophomores
          -Joe Smoldt, UIU - He is good at basketball.
          -Matt Cartwright, Augie - Had some solid stretches last season, but would love to see him get up into that 11-14 ppg range this season.
          -Avan Ward, CSP - Was the 2nd-leading scorer for the Golden Bears last year...which isn't saying much, but he still put up points.

This is a great place for other fans to fill their suggestions in. I didn't pay enough attention to younger guys on opposing teams' rosters.

Freshmen (I know I said top returning players, but figured I'd throw freshmen in anyway.)
          -AJ Plitzuweit, Augie
          -Michael Schaefer, Augie - Had offers from just about every top tier NSIC school.
          -All of MSU-M's redshirt freshmen (according to Moorhead123) ;)

Even more than the sophomores, I really haven't paid much attention to incoming freshmen. Sorry other teams and other teams' fans. I'm guessing this category will mostly be a guess of who everyone thinks their team's best incoming freshman/freshmen might be.

Transfers
          -Mankato - You know. (Seriously though, the guy they got from Northern Iowa is really good.)
          -Tyler Riemersma, Augie - Hoping he turns out to be solid. Played good minutes for Navy last year as a true freshman. Would love to see him come in and be an impact big right out of the gate.
          -Probably someone for St. Cloud too.

Comment

Gabe King should be on the junior list and Andrew Kallman I would add to the sophs list

Comment

SMSU roster, distribute as necessary

Seniors: Ryan Bruggeman, Taylor Schafer, Michael Lee, Kolin Bartlett
              Juniors: Steven McNease
              Sophomores: Kenny Byers, Nick Dufault, Braedan Hanson
              R. Freshmen: Grant Kramer, Kevin Totusek
              T. Freshmen: Jake Phipps, Brian Dayman, Kaden Evans
              Last edited by Stanger86; 09-05-2018, 06:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
                Gabe King should be on the junior list and Andrew Kallman I would add to the sophs list
                I would also add redshirt freshman Parker Fox to the list. He is going to have to have a good season if the Wolves are going to keep the momentum going from last season. He's obviously very athletic, hopefully it translates to the court during games.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder View Post
                  I would also add redshirt freshman Parker Fox to the list. He is going to have to have a good season if the Wolves are going to keep the momentum going from last season. He's obviously very athletic, hopefully it translates to the court during games.
                  I was high on him, but after reports from last year he has a long way to go. The dunks are cool but the rest of his game has s lot of developing to do. Still excited for him but not as much as I was initially

Comment

I was high on him, but after reports from last year he has a long way to go. The dunks are cool but the rest of his game has s lot of developing to do. Still excited for him but not as much as I was initially

Comment

That's funny, because I have a direct source from the program that said he struggled in virtually every aspect except the fast break and taking it to the rim. I'd prefer you to be correct and hopefully it's been figured out over the year.

*never mind, when you said jumpers I figured you meant jumper, like jump shooting, as you probably meant his vertical

Comment

That's funny, because I have a direct source from the program that said he struggled in virtually every aspect except the fast break and taking it to the rim. I'd prefer you to be correct and hopefully it's been figured out over the year.

*never mind, when you said jumpers I figured you meant jumper, like jump shooting, as you probably meant his vertical

Comment

Moorhead adds Todd Barnes Jr. to roster. Senior transfer....not sure how Moorhead snuck him by Mankato :)

Comment

Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post
                            Moorhead adds Todd Barnes Jr. to roster. Senior transfer....not sure how Moorhead snuck him by Mankato :)
                            Pretty decent numbers from him last year.
                            https://uuathletics.com/custompages/...8/combined.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
                              Pretty decent numbers from him last year.
                              https://uuathletics.com/custompages/...8/combined.pdf
                              Although, 18 assists and 9 steals for the season are troubling stats. But I'm sure he'll score the ball in the NSIC.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X