• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mustangs struggling so far in league play

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
      Mustangs struggling so far in league play
      I noticed one of the Mustang's best players (Rodning?) did not play against MSU. Do they expect her to return soon?

Comment

Originally posted by MStateMaverick View Post

I noticed one of the Mustang's best players (Rodning?) did not play against MSU. Do they expect her to return soon?
        Out indefinitely with an ankle injury, per David Brown last night.

Comment

I noticed the Mustangs were not quite the same without her when they played MSU. Tough break for her and the team.

Comment

Mav women defeat UIU this afternoon, coming back from a 12 point deficit in the 4th quarter. The new coach at UIU seems to have the program their on the right track, as they seem to be much more competitive this season, and were able to defeat CSP last night.

Comment

Originally posted by MStateMaverick View Post
              Mav women defeat UIU this afternoon, coming back from a 12 point deficit in the 4th quarter. The new coach at UIU seems to have the program their on the right track, as they seem to be much more competitive this season, and were able to defeat CSP last night.
              He's doing a good job with them - have watched most of the games and they are very much more competitive and working hard. Thought at the start of the 4Q we might bet the sweep tonight - Mavs pressure hurt us in that last quarter. He is doing some good things - may not show up with a lot of wins this year, but he has some good early commitments for next year and will build this program back up!

Comment

Originally posted by Peacock View Post

He's doing a good job with them - have watched most of the games and they are very much more competitive and working hard. Thought at the start of the 4Q we might bet the sweep tonight - Mavs pressure hurt us in that last quarter. He is doing some good things - may not show up with a lot of wins this year, but he has some good early commitments for next year and will build this program back up!
                Agree. The Mavs had a substantial size advantage, and probably depth advantage as well. It took MSU a great 4th quarter effort to overcome UIU's lead and win the game. I would say this coach was a good hire, and will get UIU women's BB back to a higher level.

Comment

Just able to turn it on to see Wolves up 16 on Winona halfway through the 3rd quarter. Wow

Comment

Wolves with Wadsworth and Spier with four fouls now near the end of the 3rd. Wolves lead 52-39

Duluth avoids the upset to Crookston with a FT at the end.

Comment

Turned on the last half of the 4th quarter of the USF-Augie game tonight. Coo women got outplayed for most of the game but turned it on in the 4th to pull away from Augie. Nice to see a 2-0 road weekend, especially with always tough games against Wayne and Augie. This team is a lot of fun.
                      4x 'Crackerjack' NAIA National Champions - 1996, 2006, 2008, 2009
                      2016 NSIC Champions
                      🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Comment

MSU women with another win last night vs. U Mary. Very big game this weekend at USF; also at SW St. Some good depth this year with ten or eleven players getting substantial minutes every game.

Comment

Believe I heard Caleigh Rodning could be shut down for the year. With only 6 games played, I believe she would be eligible for a medical redshirt.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
                            Believe I heard Caleigh Rodning could be shut down for the year. With only 6 games played, I believe she would be eligible for a medical redshirt.
                            An athlete must not have participated in more than three contests or 30 percent of their season schedule (whichever is greater) and not after the halfway point of the season (based on the number of contests rather than a particular date)

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

An athlete must not have participated in more than three contests or 30 percent of their season schedule (whichever is greater) and not after the halfway point of the season (based on the number of contests rather than a particular date)
                              SMSU will have a minimum of 28 games, of which 30 percent comes out to 8 or 9 games. She's only played 6 games.

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
                                Wolves take down RMAC #4 preseason Metro State tonight. Impressive win. Between this and nearly taking down Moorhead very impressed lately with this Wolves squad.
                                I dont know who she is, but since I benefitted from the hardship I'm always happy to see others do the same. No matter what the reason, it's a long road to recovery and the grind drags on. All the best.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X