Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big weekend sweep for UIU. Tough game tonight against Mankato - fought back from 10 down in second half to pull out the victory in OT. Needed a weekend like this after not playing well last weekend on the road.

Comment

Huge win for the Mustangs against one of the premier teams in the NSIC!

Comment

Congrats Southwest on a great triple OT win!

Comment

Just saw where BSU's best player, Ja Morgan, was hurt and did not play. BSU has a couple other guys hurt too and utilized just a 6-man rotation in the win. Wow.

Comment

Crazy stat from UIU/Mankato game - UIU had 32 bench points and Mankato 0. Know Mavs have some hurt, but not sure I've ever seen a game where only the starters scored. UIU had 3 freshman play big role, Hilmer with 16 and 7 assists, Dylan Jones 10 points, and Lucas Duax with 14 points. Another freshman with good minutes Max Duax, no points, but played some good D and pulled down 3 rbs. Good freshman crew!

Comment

Originally posted by Peacock View Post
              Crazy stat from UIU/Mankato game - UIU had 32 bench points and Mankato 0. Know Mavs have some hurt, but not sure I've ever seen a game where only the starters scored. UIU had 3 freshman play big role, Hilmer with 16 and 7 assists, Dylan Jones 10 points, and Lucas Duax with 14 points. Another freshman with good minutes Max Duax, no points, but played some good D and pulled down 3 rbs. Good freshman crew!
              Congrats on the Peacock sweep. I didn't think you would get Mankato. Some of us are slow to see the reality of change. Looks like some of the disgruntled Maverick fans may be right and this is just a .500 MSU team.

Comment

Moorhead beats Minot by three. Dragons show some grit the last two nights. Nice games by irsfeld, Williams and zimmer (he continues to be efficient). Big weekend sweep after disappointing home weekend last weekend. minot backcourt is very good. If they only had a little help. Moorhead continues to struggle to defend opposing pgs...although dragons have faced some good ones recently.

Terrific wins by bemidgi and Southwest. Looks like nsic going to crazy again this year. Still think Duluth and augie better than the rest in the end. Not sure what is going on with Mankato.

Comment

Golden Eagle fan here.

Comment

Originally posted by CoachSalscheider View Post

Congrats on the Peacock sweep. I didn't think you would get Mankato. Some of us are slow to see the reality of change. Looks like some of the disgruntled Maverick fans may be right and this is just a .500 MSU team.

Comment

Originally posted by CoachSalscheider View Post
                      Beavers down Augie 75-73. Didn't see that coming. "Oh ye (me) of little faith..." I watched (#19) Embry-Riddle pound Palm Beach Atlantic tonight in Daytona Beach. I was bragging up Augie and Duluth to the local fans. Now it will take 2-3 weeks for Augie to break into the Top 20. Congrats Beavers!
                      Do not know if Augustana was still patting themselves on the back after Fridays 101-48 victory, but credit Bemidji with an excellent inside- outside game,

Comment

Haven't seen any games for Mavs outside of last night, but Krieger, Kirksey, Holt are very tough, add in the 6'10 guy who's a load - am surprised at the record. Is it just depth/injuries? Those top 3 are as good a trio as I've seen.

Comment

Can't remember a season when the expectations pre-season were so distant from current reality. Congratulations to UIU on the win last night. At least a better effort for the Mavs, but without scoring from the reserves wins are going to be few this season. Yes, injuries have been a major problem, but even so I did not expect them to have just one victory in the conference at this point of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by WingsUp View Post
                            Golden Eagle fan here.
                            Welcome! Good to have some UMC support and perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by Peacock View Post

Haven't seen any games for Mavs outside of last night, but Krieger, Kirksey, Holt are very tough, add in the 6'10 guy who's a load - am surprised at the record. Is it just depth/injuries? Those top 3 are as good a trio as I've seen.

Comment

We are inconsistent and need to get more scoring from our other players. Brian Sitzmann looked great early in the year and was probably our second-best offensive player, but he has disappeared offensively in the last three games. Cleary took over yesterday in the second half. It was an incredible performance. We should be able to beat Bemidji next weekend.

Men's basketball has ignited some excitement here. We are getting some lively crowds for home games.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X