Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well the Mules did make the MIAA tournament for the first time in several years is that enough to retain him?. The huge disappointment was to lose to a 2-19 conference and a 3- 23 overall record in the final conference game to drop to the 8th seed versus the 6th seed is more indicative of Mules basketball so who knows?

Comment

10 days after the season ended and crickets. Does DK get 9th season in his "reign of terror" over the "once proud" program?

Some numbers. I include the D2 record because that's the record that matters for post season. I put subtotal after 4 seasons (the last good season), after 6 seasons (when this thread was started) and now.

Code:
      Season     Overall    D2      MIAA

2014-15     25-7     22-7     14-5
      2015-16     14-15    13-15     8-14
      2016-17     21-9     18-9     13-6
      2017-18     20-10    18-10    11-8

After 4     80-41    71-41    46-33

2018-19     14-14    12-14     7-12
      2019-20     10-18     7-18     5-14

After 6    104-73    90-73    58-59

2020-21      7-15     7-15     7-15
      2021-22     13-14    11-14    10-12

Current    124-102  108-102   75-86

Last 4      44-61    37-61    29-53
      Last edited by Randy; 03-12-2022, 07:44 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the record above. No more excuses.

Comment

I can't think of any good reason to ever follow Mules basketball with coach K at the helm. I assume his contract will be renewed for next season and no doubt another failed campaign. Does coach K have some dirt on AD Jerry Hughes or are they related or what? Nothing about Mules basketball has made any sense for the last 3 to 4 years.

Comment

Another example of MuleBall apathy is yesterday's "UCM Athletics March Madness". Fans were encouraged to make donations to support their favorite teams. 980 donations were pledged for $47,448. The softball team had the most donations with one more than the volleyball team. The volleyball team had the highest dollar amount. Last in both, with 7 donations for $200, was Mule's basketball. I know basketball has a numbers disadvantage with fewer athletes from which to generate donations, as I expect many of the donations came from relatives. And the % men's basketball athletes from lower social economic backgrounds is probably higher than the others. But 7 for $200 means almost no general fan interest.

I know there are some on here that blame the fans, saying the fan's apathy is the problem. That's backwards. It's not up to the fans to generate excitement for the program, it's up to the program to generate excitement for the fans.

Comment

Thanks for the info Randy. That is funny that only $200. Was raised by the mens basketball team. Back in the good ole days fans would have sent in way more than that. Every time I get a pledge card in the mail I think about sending a note saying no $$$$ until coach K is gone. I give up I guess only about 5 of us care anyway and evidently J. Hughes isn't one of them.

Comment

Every time there's a new post on this thread I momentarily fear that they've actually fired Karleskint. Another bullet dodged.

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
                  Every time there's a new post on this thread I momentarily fear that they've actually fired Karleskint. Another bullet dodged.
                  Mule angst over Coach K has become almost as big a part of message board culture as NW sandbagging.

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
                    Laughed out loud pretty hard at this. I have thought this exact thing so many times. It's like you were reading my mind.

Comment

Only six Mules fans gave a total of $100 between them, wow!

That is indeed very sad.

Barely matches the $100 I sent in encouraging them to keep Coach K.

Comment

Originally posted by MisterWizard View Post
                        Only six Mules fans gave a total of $100 between them, wow!

That is indeed very sad.

Barely matches the $100 I sent in encouraging them to keep Coach K.
                        You too?

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post

Laughed out loud pretty hard at this. I have thought this exact thing so many times. It's like you were reading my mind.
                          I am the same way especially if their is also a new post in the Coaching Changes thread.

Comment

DK started the season 6 games over .500 (108-102) against D2 opponents. The Mules have fallen 6 games under .500 this season 4 times. The first 3 times they won the next game (Rogers, Western & Pitt) but tonight they lost so DK now has a 115-116 record against D2 opponents. Personally, I thought he should have been gone when his MIAA record fell below .500 in his 6th season back in 2020. Am I wrong to expect that if the coach can't win in the conference we should try to find a coach who can?
                            Last edited by Randy; 02-16-2023, 10:29 PM.

Comment

You're not wrong.

Comment

Kathy Anderson (interim AD) here's your chance, drop the hammer on coach K.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X