Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MIAA transfers and other news

Any basketball news on recruiting or player transfers. Verbal commits has 4 Pitt State players transferring. Also MWSU head coach going home to University of Wyoming. Anyone else want to share some news?

It's like a sports news blackout since the virus took over. Yeah, if anybody has any news pass it on, or just make something up. At this point, I'll bite on about anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Shanghai Mule View Post
      It's like a sports news blackout since the virus took over. Yeah, if anybody has any news pass it on, or just make something up. At this point, I'll bite on about anything.

Comment

That's a perfect fit with the ban on gatherings of more than ten people. With Karleskint as coach, it's a given that fewer than ten fans will be attending Mules basketball games anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Shanghai Mule View Post

That's a perfect fit with the ban on gatherings of more than ten people. With Karleskint as coach, it's a given that fewer than ten fans will be attending Mules basketball games anyway.
          Now thats funny. Any take on whats going on at Pitt State with the transfers. Is coach encouraging players to leave to try and bring in better ones.

Comment

My take is Pitt State's roster turns over almost every year. They are always talented but it's like they have to start over every year. I think you do a little of both and once you are built like NWMS then you only bring in HS kids. I see very few HS kids that have gone to Pitt St. in the Kim Anderson era.

Comment

Originally posted by Btech#3 View Post
              My take is Pitt State's roster turns over almost every year. They are always talented but it's like they have to start over every year. I think you do a little of both and once you are built like NWMS then you only bring in HS kids. I see very few HS kids that have gone to Pitt St. in the Kim Anderson era.

When Kim Anderson was at UCM he made his living recruiting Juco kids and transfers, a few were key D1 transfers. The only big profile high school kid was Kyle Woff in 2013. Kyle was from Rockhurst High School (KC): two time all state, Gatorade player of the year in Missouri, and Mr. Show-Me Basketball his senior year in high school.

Comment

It's seems like the mentality of today's kids has changed drastically over the last several years. I don't know if it's a sense of entitlement, or just being okay with "quitting". Maybe I'm just getting older, but in the "old" days, without exceptional circumstances, you were taught to stick things out and push through adversity. I can remember being in band, and absolutely hating it, as well as not being particularly good at it, but heaven forbid my parents would let me quit. lol. It seems harder for the hard nosed coaches to get buy in from kids, especially if they're not winning. I think trying to build a program is more difficult than it's ever been. We all know of Kim's struggles at Mizzou... his first couple of recruiting classes were actually pretty good, but he couldn't get them to stick it out and grow in the program... transfers crushed him. Cuonzo Martin just lost 2/3 of his last recruiting class. I don't know if it's the style of play, the coaching style, or what, but it's a different world.... I don't think I like it.

Comment

Learned today that R. Lee Emery was born in Emporia...does that count?

Comment

Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post
                    It's seems like the mentality of today's kids has changed drastically over the last several years. I don't know if it's a sense of entitlement, or just being okay with "quitting". Maybe I'm just getting older, but in the "old" days, without exceptional circumstances, you were taught to stick things out and push through adversity. I can remember being in band, and absolutely hating it, as well as not being particularly good at it, but heaven forbid my parents would let me quit. lol. It seems harder for the hard nosed coaches to get buy in from kids, especially if they're not winning. I think trying to build a program is more difficult than it's ever been. We all know of Kim's struggles at Mizzou... his first couple of recruiting classes were actually pretty good, but he couldn't get them to stick it out and grow in the program... transfers crushed him. Cuonzo Martin just lost 2/3 of his last recruiting class. I don't know if it's the style of play, the coaching style, or what, but it's a different world.... I don't think I like it.
                    It does seem to be changing. Been watching girls change softball and basketball club teams time and time again...always somebody else's fault why they were leaving. I'm not a college coach, but if I was, I'd be looking at a kid's club and HS team history to see if there was a lot of changing of teams...now that being said, when my daughter was playing both softball and basketball.

We found a great situation in softball for her first 7 years then made one change, (the original team folded) but her early BB was tough. Couldn't find a team that would actually stay together...the only team BB she left was her first one, because the coach didn't want to play against tougher teams...not what I wanted my daughter to learn. She took 3 years off from club hoops, then after deciding she wanted to play college hoops (probably because she grew to 5'9") she spent her last two years on an excellent club BB team that helped her get recruited!

Comment

Verbal Commits reports Mules guard Daniel Farris will transfer no new school listed. Started 26 of 28 games.

Comment

UNK added its second and third players to the recruiting class yesterday.

???https://lopers.com/news/2020/4/14/me...21-roster.aspx

Comment

Advice for young coaches, don't take resume advice from Craig Doty.

https://twitter.com/CoachDoty/status...315216899?s=19

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
                            Advice for young coaches, don't take resume advice from Craig Doty.

https://twitter.com/CoachDoty/status...315216899?s=19

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X