Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NSIC Offseason 2020

It's possible this thread is redundant with the NSIC 2020-2021 thread, but I figured this could focus more on stuff happening this offseason rather than what actually will be happening during the 2020-21 season.

For example, we've seen a few transfers announced in the last few days:

Andy Stafford leaving SMSU: https://twitter.com/andy_stafford1/s...59307276222464

Brandon Adelman leaving SCSU: https://twitter.com/AdelmanBrandon/s...46692945485824

Interesting on Stafford. Got to play as a freshmen and did well. Nice player. I wonder if he just wanted to go elsewhere of people telling him he is too good for D2 .

Comment

Originally posted by MrMustang View Post
      Interesting on Stafford. Got to play as a freshmen and did well. Nice player. I wonder if he just wanted to go elsewhere of people telling him he is too good for D2 .
      Big city kid. It's entirely possible he felt Marshall didn't offer enough. Too bad, I thought he had solid potential.

Comment

Part of me wonders if SMSU might still be in the transfer market looking to add someone. Would be reminiscent of the program bringing in KJ Davis early on in the last 5-year cycle. I think they could still use one more player with some decent size. We have 5s and a number of wings that can slide down to the 4 in smaller lineups, but we're missing that Joey Bartlett/Chad Orum/Scott Roehl type in the rotation.

Comment

Comment

Tough loss for smsu. Stafford would likely be a good d2 player. Not sure why any borderline d1 player would ever leave a good d2 situation. Just look at the number of d1 guys leaving every team every year. If you are not a pretty sure bet d1 player why jump into to revolving d1 door that occurs on every team?

Comment

Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post

Tough loss for smsu. Stafford would likely be a good d2 player. Not sure why any borderline d1 player would ever leave a good d2 situation. Just look at the number of d1 guys leaving every team every year. If you are not a pretty sure bet d1 player why jump into to revolving d1 door that occurs on every team?
              I don't blame him for moving on if he feels he can find a better situation for him. Whether or not that actually turns into reality is an entirely different question.....

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

I don't blame him for moving on if he feels he can find a better situation for him. Whether or not that actually turns into reality is an entirely different question.....
                I agree...just seems like so many land minds out there at d1 level. Would bet a lot of borderline d1 guys wish they would have just played d2 after they are on their third d1 team and still not really the fit they hoped.

Comment

Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post

I agree...just seems like so many land minds out there at d1 level. Would bet a lot of borderline d1 guys wish they would have just played d2 after they are on their third d1 team and still not really the fit they hoped.
                  I wonder if people look at the path Nuni Omot took and think they can do that easy.

Comment

Agree . Good post.

I do think we might see more kids moving around simply because everything is in flux with the pandemic. Then again, maybe all this down time makes kids appreciate how good it was! probably depends on the kid.

Comment

I am not sure University athletic folks can truly appreciate how much their budgets are going to be devastated yet. I look around Marshall and see who the corporate sponsors are and can't help to think half might not renew unless it turns around quick.

We really have not idea how bad it is going to get financially eyt.

Comment

I am not sure University athletic folks can truly appreciate how much their budgets are going to be devastated yet. I look around Marshall and see who the corporate sponsors are and can't help to think half might not renew unless it turns around quick.

We really have not idea how bad it is going to get financially eyt.
                        I'm not suggesting the folks in athletic departments are ignoring this or haven't discussed it. I just am wondering if they can really imagine just how bad it might get. Hopefully it doesn't

Comment

I'm not suggesting the folks in athletic departments are ignoring this or haven't discussed it. I just am wondering if they can really imagine just how bad it might get. Hopefully it doesn't

Comment

Dont know where to put this so will put here. Nice story.

https://goldeneaglesports.com/

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
                              Dont know where to put this so will put here. Nice story.

https://goldeneaglesports.com/
                              Nothing is coming through on that site this morning. Maybe they are changing things. Was that the story on Harrison Cleary?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X