• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NSIC Week 9 chat

Kirksey owned Moorhead tonight.

Comment

Mavs defeat Moorhead 88-87. Kirksey with an outstanding scoring night for MSU.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
        This is his fourth year on the court (redshirted in 2014-15)

Comment

SMSU 100, UMC 78

Bruggeman scores school-record 49 points, along with 8 rebounds, 6 assists and 3 steals.
          You left out the most amazing stat of all. Only 1 FT attempt!

Comment

This was a solid post.

Comment

If anyone not named in the aforementioned Augieholic post would have shown up even 50 or 60%, I think the Vikes win. That was disappointing. Honestly, it looked like a lot of guys were very tired and not focused early on, and it took way too long to kick it into a competitive gear.

Some (particularly those not named Purple Mav Man) might attribute that tiredness to a long college season starting to wear down some talented-but-young freshman, despite the number of games they play in summer basketball tournaments each year.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder View Post
                You left out the most amazing stat of all. Only 1 FT attempt!
                When Bruggeman is making 8 3-pointers, it's gonna be a long night for the defense....

Comment

Over/under 75 points scored by Bruggeman and Cleary combined?
                  Bruggeman 49 (on 20-27 FGs)
                  Cleary 26 (on 6-15 FGs)
                  Final total: 75

Comment

Anyone know why Brandon Myer didnt play for the Dogs tonight?

Comment

Augie losing at Minot is not great but USF losing at home to Bemidji is horrendous
                      I can see why you could use the word "horrendous", but BSU has had their moments and have been playing well lately (3-3 with 2 road splits). Recently, Moorhead squeaked by BSU at home by only 2 and I recall BSU having a 17-point lead at home against Northern (of course that lead dissipated). So BSU has become quite competitive. IMO, a surprise to most, but probably not horrendous. Go Beavers!

Comment

Augie losing at Minot is not great but USF losing at home to Bemidji is horrendous
                        Minot is not a bad team at all...and playing at minot in that lifeless dome is not easy either

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
                          interested to hear who the good freshmen for Moorhead are supposed to be??
                          Baumgartner was best player on court for either team in first half....and he is a freshman

Comment

Heck of a game in Mankato. Moorhead had every opportunity to win that game. Kirksey put Mankato on his back...with the assist from too many defensive breakdowns by Moorhead. Margs knows he escaped that one tonight...

Comment

Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post
                              Baumgartner was best player on court for either team in first half....and he is a freshman
                              He was. I couldn't understand why he wasn't more involved in the second half. Park seemed to be the man the second half for the Dragons.

Kirksey was at another level in that second half. That turn around left handed stab hook was Top Ten move. Glad that I was there in person to see it- unlike thousands who stayed away. Just plain sad.

Comment

Originally posted by CoachSalscheider View Post
                                I can see why you could use the word "horrendous", but BSU has had their moments and have been playing well lately (3-3 with 2 road splits). Recently, Moorhead squeaked by BSU at home by only 2 and I recall BSU having a 17-point lead at home against Northern (of course that lead dissipated). So BSU has become quite competitive. IMO, a surprise to most, but probably not horrendous. Go Beavers!
                                That's fair, horrendous is too strong. BSU has been playing better of late, and I do believe they are better than their record. But, a team fighting for a regional bid losing at home to a team with 3 conference wins coming into the game is a bad loss.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X