Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Central Region chat

Originally posted by ZubCat81 View Post
    You must be talking about the door down the hallway across from the AD's office that says Janitor's Closet ... the same door on the wall that separates the home side individual comfort seating on the other side of that wall and that damn hallway that leads away from the crowd of fans in the lobby fighting and yelling bloody murder to get inside Lamkin/Bearcat Arena ... the same door you knock three times and a hairy hand appears under the door ... you drop a $20 bill in the hand and the door eeks open .... its dark ... until the toothless guy standing in the dark Eldon the Janitor steps ever so slightly into the light ... he motions you into the dark and his flashlight clicks on taking his paying customers straight to those 50-yd line Row 3 seats via the trap door under the seating. Been there. Done that. Don't forget to get your popcorn first.
    Yep but now that the jig is up Eldon may up the price to $50 ;-)

Comment

Northwest got their Central Region web page up and going in a hurry. Of course, all they had to do was remove SW Minnesota State and replace them with SE Oklahoma.

Rumor has it when they did that late last night there was a guy in Marshall who suddenly flopped. Don't know if that's true or not.

Comment

Go Bearcats!
        M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

I would like to see/hear the thinking behind the last few picks of this region. Not saying we deserved to get in (we needed to win on Friday to be in that discussion I believe) but as a fan of D2 basketball.

Comment

Comment

As a Northwest fan, I kind of hoped Wayne (or Mankato) would keep the 7 seed and we would get SE Oklahoma to start. I had said a while back that I hoped Southern would move into the 3 or drop to the 6, just to stay away from the Cam Martin matchup as long as possible. I don't really want to go against Washburn for a fourth time either, so I don't mind that one of them will take the other out (on the other side of the bracket). That's not a knock on the teams that we'll have to play to get to the final... MSU knocked us out a year ago, but I imagine some of our guys are glad that's who we drew. SNU has a great record and won their conference, and from what I've read on this board over the past few months, SCSU has maybe underachieved a little, but can play with anyone when they put it together. Should be a fun few days... hopefully, Day 2 and Day 3 are a little more enjoyable for us than last year.

I'm going to say:

NW by 11
              SCSU by 6
              Northern by 14
              MoSo by 4

Comment

Southern Nazarene lost to St Cloud State 81-68 in last year's regional opener. Interesting that they drew each other again. I think the real SCSU shows up and wins by a similar margin again, but if not, the Crimson Storm from SNU could make it to Sunday.

Obviously the 1/8 matchup is a repeat too, but won't be when the final buzzer sounds. Minnesota State will however continue to practice just in case the committee decides to move them on to Evansville for the first ever Elite Nine.

Southeastern won 10 of their last 11, beat Southern Nazarene by 30 early in the year, and played two D1 schools close in exhibition (a 3-point loss at UTSA and an overtime loss at UALR). The Savage Storm's roster includes the GAC Player of the Year (Kevin Buckingham). Northern State had best not look past this game.

Washburn is 0-5 against the field but their closest loss was by 3 at Missouri Southern, their first round draw in Maryville. I think the Ichabods will enter this game with the confidence they need. The question is whether the Lions will play well or have another poor shooting day. Seems like the day's true tossup game.

Comment

I know there has been some talk about the committee trying to avoid conference rematches - the committee obviously doesn't care - especially on the women's side where all 4 games are rematches with with all of the games but one being teams that have played multiple times.

Comment

Originally posted by MisterWizard View Post
                    Southern Nazarene lost to St Cloud State 81-68 in last year's regional opener. Interesting that they drew each other again. I think the real SCSU shows up and wins by a similar margin again, but if not, the Crimson Storm from SNU could make it to Sunday.

Obviously the 1/8 matchup is a repeat too, but won't be when the final buzzer sounds. Minnesota State will however continue to practice just in case the committee decides to move them on to Evansville for the first ever Elite Nine.

Southeastern won 10 of their last 11, beat Southern Nazarene by 30 early in the year, and played two D1 schools close in exhibition (a 3-point loss at UTSA and an overtime loss at UALR). The Savage Storm's roster includes the GAC Player of the Year (Kevin Buckingham). Northern State had best not look past this game.

Washburn is 0-5 against the field but their closest loss was by 3 at Missouri Southern, their first round draw in Maryville. I think the Ichabods will enter this game with the confidence they need. The question is whether the Lions will play well or have another poor shooting day. Seems like the day's true tossup game.
                    Lol... that's awesome!

Comment

So...no stream of the games? Not seeing anything on information

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
                        The regional website includes "Watch Live" links (though they're not live yet), so I'm guessing they will stream?

https://bearcatsports.com/sports/201...ournament.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post
                          The regional website includes "Watch Live" links (though they're not live yet), so I'm guessing they will stream?

They were streamed last year and the year before so I would assume they will be again. I thought they had to be streamed and they had to be free. Or maybe IF they are streamed they have to be free.

Comment

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post

Nice, thank you. Does anyone remember the cost?

Comment

Nice, thank you. Does anyone remember the cost?
                              Like NWHoops said, I believe the postseason is free.

Comment

Hard to know what SCSU team will show up. They will either win by 10 or lose by 10

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X