Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Central Region chat

Originally posted by NWHoops View Post
    I have not heard that about the 1600. The number that has been used in year's past is 2000 and that still accounts for a couple hundred admin, volunteers, teams, etc. to meet fire code regulations. If that's the case, better buy your tickets now. Close to 900 have already been sold for session 2.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHoops View Post
      If the snow is gone it should be warm enough for golfing. But you are right about the wind, bundle up...
      Go Bearcats!
      M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post
        The regional website includes "Watch Live" links (though they're not live yet), so I'm guessing they will stream?

https://bearcatsports.com/sports/201...ournament.aspx
        They've got the links up live now in their Blue Frame portal. https://themiaanetwork.com/nwmsubearcats/

Comment

8 Point Grill is not bbq. Yes, they have pulled pork and ribs but Applebees has ribs and brisket. Doesn't make them bbq. I've heard their pork tenderloin is good though.
          Last edited by CatFan88; 03-11-2019, 04:12 PM.
          Go Hounds!
          B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
          Cyclone Power
          ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

Mooyahs on campus and KoolKats are the only places in town with real hand cut fries and they also have good burgers
            Happy Garden has good Chinese food-big portions/reasonably priced

Comment

Originally posted by CatFan88 View Post
              8 Point Grill is not bbq. Yes, they have pulled pork and ribs but Applebees has ribs and brisket. Doesn't make them bbq. I've heard their pork tenderloin is good though.
              oh....thought someone said it was
              blech
              Go Bearcats!
              M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

It's been confirmed the Bo Fries will be fine and is already back practicing

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
                  It's been confirmed the Bo Fries will be fine and is already back practicing
                  Good deal. Injuries are no fun and glad he gets the chance to play.

May have to change my prediction based on this new info.

Comment

Comment

NW by 43
                      St. Cloud by 13
                      Northern St by 15
                      Missouri Southern by 7

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
                        NW by 43
                        St. Cloud by 13
                        Northern St by 15
                        Missouri Southern by 7
                        Halftime score

Comment

NW v. Mankato:
                          I'll take NW by 14 and say it will be close until about halfway through the 2nd half. Everyone talking about how they are checked out makes me think of course they'll show up ready to play for this game. From my understanding (correct me if I'm wrong NSIC posters) they seem to rely on the 3 a lot. If they are hitting then they can stay in the game for awhile. Part of me wants to say revenge factor for Witthus leaving but are there any players even on the team from when he was there? NW should be the ones looking to exact revenge after last year.

St. Cloud v. Nazarene:
                          This looks to me 2 similar teams. Both have and athletic wing who is the leading scorer for the team and both have very good post players. Both of those matchups will be fun to watch. St. Cloud won this matchup last year but I think Nazarene has better complementary players. I'm still amazed at how a good team like Nazarene can lose a game by 30 points but it has happened. NSIC posters say Smith can go missing some games and I think that happens here. I'm taking Nazarene by 6.

Northern v. SE OK
                          I have not watched a single second of SE OK this year. Northern doesn't do anything flashy but just plays solid, fundamental, team basketball. From past experience with GAC teams, I have not seen that style from them and teams from the conference struggle with those matchups. I'll take Northern by 19.

Washburn v. MOSO
                          This should be the easiest for a MIAA poster to pick but who knows after Southern gets bounced early from the tournament and Washburn has taken 2 beatdowns from NW in the last week or so. Washburn doesn't seem to be playing great ball right now and I think MOSO comes out with a little fire after their early conference tourney exit. MOSO by 8.

Comment

Comment

There are not as familiar as you might think. This season Washburn was paired with the eastern schools and Southern with the west so they only played once during the regular season. Southern was upset by Pitt in the tournament so the expected semi-final rematch never happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder View Post
                                Mankato seems to have checked out on this season.
                                Being the pessimist that I am, (years of Mizzou and Chiefs disappointments have contributed to this) this statement and the fact that the team didn't think they were going to play again, going their separate ways on spring break, with no practice or coaches in their ears... it just seems like an unconventionally perfect storm. I can see them coming back refreshed, carefree, and excited, allowing them play the game of their lives. Hopefully, we'll be ready and just be the better team that I believe we are.... and then maybe I can breathe a little for a few hours before I start thinking about the next round. ;)

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X