Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Central Region chat

In case anyone was desperately searching for a hotel room, a few seconds ago I cancelled my reservation at Americas Best Value Inn in Maryville. Sigh..

Comment

Originally posted by NWMOBearcat23 View Post
      Interesting statement. Northwest returns everyone except Witthus and Starzel. I personally think the Bearcats will be back to hosting again next year. Sorry to burst your bubble.
      Oh, I didn't realize next season was over already...man time goes fast

Comment

Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
        Don't you know that for the next 3 years Augie will be the host and in a worst case scenario, it will be in Moorhead. :)
        Always disrespected in Marshall....

(checks returning roster, nevermind)

Comment

Okay, some other questions for a visitor from Minnesota next weekend:
          --Looking at the map, it appears that 35W south to 136 into Maryville is the best route.
          --Fun drinking establishments
          --Fun late night drinking establishments
          Depends on what you are looking for. Carson's is the local sports bar. The Pub is generally the more laid back late night bar with more of the community rather than college students. A mixture of community members and students at Burny's. There's a couple other places in town. Title Town is a little hidden and is small but a number of locals go there. If you happen to make it to the championship game and are around Monday and Tuesday, A&G has a great happy hour from 3-6 and after 9 on weekdays but it's a restaurant more than bar
          --How late do the bars in town stay open
          1am
          --Is it true its going to be cold in town next weekend. I'm seeing 3 on Friday, 7 on Sat and 8 on Sunday
          I'm not seeing that. 45-50 on my weather app
          --eating establishment recommendations
          Carson's for sports bar burgers, greasy food, etc. A&G is a Greek restaurant but has everything on the menu (steaks, pasta, pizza, seafood, etc.). New BBQ joint in town I haven't tried called 8 Point Grill. Happy Garden for Chinese. William Coy's out at Mozingo about 10 minutes out of town. It's farm to table but I think they try a little to hard to be more upscale than they need to be. Hotel right there at Mozingo in same facility as well. If you're a golfer, it may not be warm enough for outside but they have simulators that are fairly realistic and can be rented by the hour for a reasonable price. Some good courses on there too. Good way to spend a couple hours hitting the little white ball and having a few drinks form the William Coy bar. El Nopal for Mexican. There's an Applebee's right by El Nopal and they are both right next to Holiday Inn and Red Roof Inn. Other typical chains- Pizza Hut, Pizza Ranch, fast food. Pagliai's is a local favorite for pizza but you either love it or hate it from what I hear from most people
          See bold

Comment

--Is it true its going to be cold in town next weekend. I'm seeing 3 on Friday, 7 on Sat and 8 on Sunday
            Maybe these are your game picks by seed? Why did you leave out the 4/5 matchup?

Comment

NWMo by 30
              St. Cloud by 10
              Northern by 15
              Washburn by 5

Should be a fun weekend for all involved! Wish I could be watching the stangs down there this weekend but best of luck to everyone involved!

Comment

Don't you know that for the next 3 years Augie will be the host and in a worst case scenario, it will be in Moorhead. :)
                This would likely be an advantage for all NSIC teams that make the field.
                Last edited by MrAugustana; 03-11-2019, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Jump on board

Comment

Gross Memorial here in Hays will have plenty of room for any fans who want to watch the women's regional. I suspect large crowds again similar to a few years ago when we hosted, right at 5,000 attended the regional WOMEN'S final a few years ago. Average attendance for women's games here at FHSU is over 2,000. FHSU would have a sellout for every game if they played in Bearcat Arena.
                    GMC has a capacity of just over 6,800.

Comment

I predict NW beats MSU 2-0.

That's the score for a forfeited game that doesn't start...

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
                        I predict NW beats MSU 2-0.

That's the score for a forfeited game that doesn't start...
                        Not a bad idea. That would tie for the closest anyone has hung with Northwest this year. A moral victory of sorts. And Carlos could stay in the library.

Comment

Go Bearcats!
                          M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

I have not heard that about the 1600. The number that has been used in year's past is 2000 and that still accounts for a couple hundred admin, volunteers, teams, etc. to meet fire code regulations. If that's the case, better buy your tickets now. Close to 900 have already been sold for session 2.

Comment

If the snow is gone it should be warm enough for golfing. But you are right about the wind, bundle up...

Comment

Originally posted by NWHoops View Post
                                If the snow is gone it should be warm enough for golfing. But you are right about the wind, bundle up...
                                And wear your mudding shoes... going to be wet for a while.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X