Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Central Region chat

Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
    I'm going to throw my $.02 in(you NSIC'ers know I have to :) ) I would also throw Sean Smith into that contest. I know he doesn't always show up, but that young man does have some hops.
    Moorhead has some guys...Coad and Sem can elevate with the best of them. Sem had a few tremendous blocks this season...although can be a little eager to leave his feet at times.

On a different note, was impressed with nw Missouri this past weekend. Very solid and disciplined team on both ends. Do not give their opponents many opportunities to get any real momentum going. Maybe showed a little ***** in armor against the zone defense, but will likely get that figured out. Also nw has plenty of talent coming back next year, but they will have a hard time replacing witthus.

Comment

Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post
      Moorhead has some guys...Coad and Sem can elevate with the best of them. Sem had a few tremendous blocks this season...although can be a little eager to leave his feet at times.

On a different note, was impressed with nw Missouri this past weekend. Very solid and disciplined team on both ends. Do not give their opponents many opportunities to get any real momentum going. Maybe showed a little ***** in armor against the zone defense, but will likely get that figured out. Also nw has plenty of talent coming back next year, but they will have a hard time replacing witthus.
      Agree, but people said the same thing last year in Pitts replacement. We shall see, Joey is having a fantastic year.

Comment

Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post
        I agree... I think we'll see both zone and man from Southern. We haven't looked great against zones in this tournament. We don't do a bad job of moving the ball, but I'd like to see Joey (or anyone) be a threat when they catch the ball at the free throw line. We don't normally even face up when catch it there. If we'd knock down a couple of those, the guards would either have to sag in off the wings more or the bigs would have to extend up further, which would open some things up (easy for me to say). The mid range game is a lost art in basketball at all levels. I think you're right in how the Cats will try to attack Martin's side of the zone.... I just hope they're going in.

It's two good teams with two good coaches, and it'll probably look nothing like we think it will. ;)
        You're showing your age. Every analytic out there says the mid-range jumper is the worst shot in basketball. Northwest does an amazing job this season of getting the shots they want - either high percentage (dunks & layups) or high reward (three-pointers).

Comment

Originally posted by Hornetfan View Post
          You're showing your age. Every analytic out there says the mid-range jumper is the worst shot in basketball. Northwest does an amazing job this season of getting the shots they want - either high percentage (dunks & layups) or high reward (three-pointers).

Comment

Originally posted by Hornetfan View Post
            Last edited by Alfred33; 03-19-2019, 06:21 AM.

Comment

• Comment

We could also hope Reggie Tharp and the Lions win, as Evansville is only 4.5 hours from his hometown of Ft. Wayne, Indiana! Wouldn't that be special!

;)

Comment

Originally posted by MisterWizard View Post
                  We could also hope Reggie Tharp and the Lions win, as Evansville is only 4.5 hours from his hometown of Ft. Wayne, Indiana! Wouldn't that be special
                  Not really...

Comment

Rise and grind, it's nasty time. Gameday mother truckers.

Comment

The Lions defeated SE Oklahoma State 92-83 Sunday. They also beat Midwestern State by the exact same score in the 2000 regionals. Their next game in the NCAA tourney was a victory over #1-ranked Florida Southern.

Tonight: Lions vs #1-ranked NW Missouri

Comment

The Lions defeated SE Oklahoma State 92-83 Sunday. They also beat Midwestern State by the exact same score in the 2000 regionals. Their next game in the NCAA tourney was a victory over #1-ranked Florida Southern.

Comment

Deja vu

Comment

Deja vu
                            A gal I dated in the mid 80s.

Comment

• Comment

Basically exactly what Southern has averaged scoring and giving up the past 8 games.

NW needs to keep Southern under 40% from 3 and shoot well from 3 themselves.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X