Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Central Region chat

Originally posted by CatFan88 View Post
    This regional was seeded all wrong from 3-6. SNU vs. MSSU would've been a good 3-6 and SCSU vs. WU would've been a good 4-5. MSU was clearly the 8. I think NSU still 2 and would be playing tomorrow if they make FT's down the stretch. NSU vs. SE was a good match-up.
    Had SNU been put ahead of St Cloud, I think the committee would've then also bounced SNU ahead of Washburn since the Crimson Storm beat the Ichabods earlier this year.

The biggest mistake may have been seeding the 8-loss SCSU team so high, as you say, and of course that's even easier to see after their very lackluster performance last night. They CAN be a much better team than that, but many on here have talked about their occasional sleep-walking during games.

Comment

And so we get to round two, the field of 32 (which is already down to 28 with the South Central and West region finals already set). Our Central Region in Maryville will have a very "southern" flavor between the lines and a Northwest wave all over. Can the likes of Southern Nazarene, Southeastern OK, and MO Southern find a way to advance? Personally I'd be just fine with those wearing the green having a great St. Patrick's Day!

Comment

Originally posted by MisterWizard View Post
        Had SNU been put ahead of St Cloud, I think the committee would've then also bounced SNU ahead of Washburn since the Crimson Storm beat the Ichabods earlier this year.

The biggest mistake may have been seeding the 8-loss SCSU team so high, as you say, and of course that's even easier to see after their very lackluster performance last night. They CAN be a much better team than that, but many on here have talked about their occasional sleep-walking during games.
        Agreed on SCSU. I thought they had the worst performance of any team yesterday. NSU choked away the lead but at least they were able to get a lead. Washburn and MOSO had a great game. Mankato played tough and kept it a 15 point game for the first 30 minutes or so but it ended how most from the NSIC expected.

Comment

Be interesting to see what kind of defense SNU plays tonight with NW ability to stretch floor. Starkey will be a load for NW defensively.
          Go Hounds!
          B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
          Cyclone Power
          ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

Originally posted by CatFan88 View Post
            Be interesting to see what kind of defense SNU plays tonight with NW ability to stretch floor. Starkey will be a load for NW defensively.

Comment

Bruggeman wouldn't have let the NSIC go 0-fer

Comment

Dang, I was feeling good about our green teams on St Patrick's Day until I realized SE Oklahoma's coach is Kelly Green.

Comment

And so we get to round two, the field of 32 (which is already down to 28 with the South Central and West region finals already set). Our Central Region in Maryville will have a very "southern" flavor between the lines and a Northwest wave all over. Can the likes of Southern Nazarene, Southeastern OK, and MO Southern find a way to advance? Personally I'd be just fine with those wearing the green having a great St. Patrick's Day!

Comment

For several weeks it seems most of us on here have been talking about NW as the clear #1 and then not a lot of separation between 2 thru 6. Turns out #7 should've also been in that talk. And yesterday, except for SCSU's poor outing, proved us right. A one-point win and an overtime in the earlier games proved out the closeness of these teams. SNU gets the biggest test now and from everything I've seen in person and on paper, the first matchup tonight looks like two evenly matched teams.

Comment

For several weeks it seems most of us on here have been talking about NW as the clear #1 and then not a lot of separation between 2 thru 6. Turns out #7 should've also been in that talk. And yesterday, except for SCSU's poor outing, proved us right. A one-point win and an overtime in the earlier games proved out the closeness of these teams. SNU gets the biggest test now and from everything I've seen in person and on paper, the first matchup tonight looks like two evenly matched teams.
                      I think the first game tonight may come down to who can stay out of foul trouble. Both teams are aggressive offensively. Martin needs to stay on the floor for Southern. I thought a key to their win yesterday was his ability to avoid getting his second foul in the first half. Although he did foul out,his last four fouls came in pretty rapid fashion in the last part of the second half.

Dworsky and Buckingham need to avoid foul trouble as well. If he repeats his performance from yesterday, Bearcat Arena may be renamed to Buckingham Palace.

Comment

We can always count on you to point out the really important events!

Comment

Physical posts have destroyed our teams for years, but that was a total embarrassment! Gage Davis deserves to have some players around him that can contribute. Very frustrating! Congrats to SNU.

Comment

• Comment

Tickets are still available?

Comment

Dang, I was feeling good about our green teams on St Patrick's Day until I realized SE Oklahoma's coach is Kelly Green.
                                Since I'm not Irish, I always wear orange on St. Patrick's Day.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X