Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NWMSU 91 UIS 56. NW improves to 7-0(45 in a row) while a very good UIS team falls to 5-1. UIS has been averaging over 90 pts p/game. True freshman Wes Dreamer has 29 pts/14 rebounds.
    Last edited by NWFanatic; 11-27-2019, 08:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
      NWMSU 91 UIS 56. NW improves to 7-0(45 in a row) while a very good UIS team falls to 5-1. UIS has been averaging over 90 pts p/game. True freshman Wes Dreamer has 29 pts/14 rebounds.
      I believe we are finding some depth! Dreamer had a lights out game last night and I also think red-shirt freshman Waters is starting to find his place on the team. Now ready for the start of conference play on Thur. against Lincoln U. in Jefferson City.

Comment

Originally posted by Thepeman View Post

I believe we are finding some depth! Dreamer had a lights out game last night and I also think red-shirt freshman Waters is starting to find his place on the team. Now ready for the start of conference play on Thur. against Lincoln U. in Jefferson City.
        Saw 3 of the first 4 games in person...I think Dreamer will be a good one...hoping his Freshman moments lessen thru the year. Watched some of the Jewell game and the UIS game on MIAA TV...can't really watch the game the same way, so I haven't been able to really formulate an opinion on Waters yet. His minimal time in two of those first 3 games didn't show much.

NW is going to need to be fortunate to avoid injuries thru the year. With the minutes the top 4 have to play it could make them more susceptible to them.

They sure are fun to watch. Hope to make it up to a few more games this year!

Comment

Dreamer was great and although statistical games like last night probably won’t be the norm, I think he’ll continue to get more consistent for us. If he shoots confidently like he did last night, that’ll give us another weapon that fits in perfectly and helps with the spacing that NW plays so well with.

I’m not sure what to make of Waters yet... he just doesn’t look real confident to me... somewhat awkward at times. Against better teams, I’m not sure he’ll get many minutes unless there is foul trouble. He can shoot it though.

We scored 91 points and you can’t see it in the statistics, but we still seem to struggle at times when teams play zone. You’d think as well as we shoot it, we destroy teams and get them out of it quick, but we’ve had issues in the past with it too. The regional loss against Mankato two years ago immediately comes to mind. We started really fast, then when they switched, it slowed us, made us look pedestrian, and they trimmed 10 points off of our lead before we started to get revved up again. So obviously we worked it out... it was probably good for us to see some zone and get some work in against it.

This team is good though... my goodness, we are spoiled! And they’re still young! Hoping for an injury free season and a lot of good basketball ahead.

Comment

NW 87 LU 51...NW goes to 8-0 1-0(46 in a row). Hawk has 43 pts in 28 minutes and when he subbed out with about 7 minutes to go he’d outscored LU 43-41. Had this been a close game and Ben left him in he likely breaks 50.

Comment

What happened with Trevor Hudgins? Noticed he played the first 21 minutes and then left the game.

Comment

Only eleven more wins until NW ties Winona's record for longest winning streak in D2 mens basketball.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nca...g-streak%3famp

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
                  Only eleven more wins until NW ties Winona's record for longest winning streak in D2 mens basketball.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nca...g-streak%3famp
                  Think NW would invite them back 10 years later?

Comment

Not sure about Hutch but the game was well in hand by the time he subbed out and he was playing good

Comment

Originally posted by MisterWizard View Post
                      What happened with Trevor Hudgins? Noticed he played the first 21 minutes and then left the game.
                      No, he was pulled with about 6 min in the first half after picking up 2nd foul, then started the 2nd half and went out with 10 or so left with the game well in hand.

Comment

We have a developing situation

https://ucmathletics.com/sidearmstat...mary;team=away

Comment

Wow, the blind dog (the Mules) just found a bone and stopped the Bearcat's streak at 46.

Comment

Nice win Randy.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
                              Wow, the blind dog (the Mules) just found a bone and stopped the Bearcat's streak at 46.
                              I already said this over on the football side, but there’s no way UCM can get rid of Coach K now. Ending the number 1 team in the nation’s 46 game win streak.... he should probably get a statue! ;)

Comment

Congrats to UCM...they hit their 3’s and foul shots and NW didn’t. Time to start a new streak

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X