Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This game wore me out. Thank goodness for Alexander off the bench and Trevor being clutch (as always). Sometimes I feel like Trevor is just out there chillin' and finally says "Hold my beer.". I don't know how he can play 38-40 minutes a night, handle the rock as much as he does, defend hard and never have but one expression on his face. Pure ice in his veins. I thought the officiating was crap but on to the next one!

Comment

• Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

Thanks for showing up on the basketball thread (doubt you know what that means) but enjoy your football posts. Haha
      You must be new around here. #noob

Comment

• Originally posted by NSUguy View Post

Respectfully disagree. You can't fall without contact.
        Sure you can. A flop could be one example if no contact.

Comment

Why don't you ref some more, get into the NSIC scene and then we can all complain about you...but in unity.
          That wouldn't be very smart on my part. Besides, I'm right now I'm living the dream til next year. Can't wait for SCSU/BSU.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Taxman View Post

Sure you can. A flop could be one example if no contact.
              Well then you prove my point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Taxman View Post

You must be new around here. #noob
                Bahahaha

Comment

• I agree that a couple of the Fox fouls weren't fouls but I'd also say he got away with a few that should have been so it evened out in the end. I think it was that way for players on both teams and that was frustrating for everyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by NWHoops View Post
                    Whew, that was close. About cancelled my hotel in Evansville when NW was down 11 with 2.5 minutes left. Great comeback at the end.

I know Dreamer came back in but he was not getting around good in the post game. Hope it's nothing too serious and he's able to get healthy enough to contribute at Elite 8.

Comment

• Originally posted by NSUguy View Post

Was just about to comment about the bald headed guy in the front row going back to his college days.

Comment

Agree on ruining the flow. Numerous NW players with 4 fouls and on the brink of fouling out. I don't have any issues with the calls or non-calls, it was just a complete lack of consistency. Touch foul called one time and then someone gets hammered and nothing.
                        That's how I feel, just be consistent so players/teams can make adjustments.

Comment

• He averages a little over 8pts game, nearly 40% from 3 and can defend smaller players well. That being said, I've been frustrated with this inconsistency this year.

Comment

I agree that a couple of the Fox fouls weren't fouls but I'd also say he got away with a few that should have been so it evened out in the end. I think it was that way for players on both teams and that was frustrating for everyone.

Comment

• Comment

Very hard to digest this game. First, the officiating ruined flow and a great game. Two hours for regulation is ridiculous. Not saying they blew it for us as Northern, but us all as fans.

We heard about Northwest being able to do whatever they wanted offensively, their size, their shooting percentage...most of that fell apart, most of that, NSU did an excellent job of stopping. Tonight I saw Northern rebound, and make FTs and play the kind of tough, league leading defense they have all year, and for a few years.

9nce these whistles ran wild, I knew we were in trouble. They didn't just run wild, it was like a stereotypical night in Bemidji with 50+ fouls. It ruins a game, it ruins flow and it ruins what we came to see.

This was basically a d2 title game in my opinion, a thing I d8nt honestly expect from this crew. Sure I knew we'd be good but with the 17-18 team, I took time off well in advance for postseason because I was that sure (and I'm fairly pessimistic). So proud of these guys, so much fun to watch. Not as mad about losing as the foul stuff but just so happy they showed up and made such a great game of it.

Always going to be tough to win a game when four starters found out.
                                The second half was officiated how basketball should be officiated. You want flow? Stop fouling. You want football? Come back in the fall. I said early on and numerous times if the refs don't swallow their whistles that is advantage NW because NSU wants to bully NW. NSU had the game in hand but then NW turned up the full court pressure and Trevor Hudgins took over. NW typically defends well without fouling but NSU was difficult to stay in front of and NW had no one who could check Fox. Epic battle. Epic game.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X