X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• laker
    replied
    Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
    never knew Gibraltar was considered a country until today. Now I'm going to go look at maps for the next hour, ha.
    You are correct, it is not. It is a British overseas territory.

Gibraltar - Wikipedia

Is Gibraltar A Country? - WorldAtlas
    Last edited by laker; 01-07-2022, 09:47 AM.

Leave a comment:

• NSU4LIFE
    replied
    My grandmother was born in Gibraltar in the 1920s. Her father was a Tug master and that led to them spending a year in Hong Kong when she was eight. While there she contracted polio. If we are going to keep it going, just thought I'd add some ironically fitting tidbits. Also, never knew Gibraltar was considered a country until today. Now I'm going to go look at maps for the next hour, ha.

Leave a comment:

• Moorhead123
    replied
    Last edited by Moorhead123; 01-06-2022, 11:51 PM.

Leave a comment:

• NSU4LIFE
    replied
    I have no authority and so this is just a simple request at most.

Can you please take this to the Covid doomsday thread, or whatever it was called, located in the other topics? I looked awhile back and it was not only depressing but made me worried for the poster so I haven't been back and I don't know if it is still active

It's been like two years, we all have our own opinions due to mindful soul searching, listening to left or right news or because you know someone who is a doctor, or knows one. I can't "tell" you where to post but certainly you could have wonderful banter about the topic in its own thread.

Leave a comment:

• NWHoops
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Moorhead123
    replied

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
    Looks like the Moorhead women and Minot men are not playing this weekend due to COVID.

Leave a comment:

• Augieholic
    replied
    Looks like the Moorhead women and Minot men are not playing this weekend due to COVID.

Leave a comment:

• cat fan
    replied
    Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
    The Wayne offense has rarely been a thing of beauty but when you have the personnel to guard Janssen one on one most of the time it stifles a lot of what they try to do. Riemersma, Dykman, and Tiedman all had successful stints yesterday. Jordan loves to deal or initiate from the elbow but the size of Augie makes that difficult. Obviously this was greatly assisted by Eagins having an off game after he hit several big shots in the game at Wayne.

On the flip side I continue to have concerns about the sustainsustainability of Augie's offense given the volume of contested two pointers they attempt but they keep winning so I'll just continue to be pleasantly surprised.
    Agree completely that Augie is a particularly difficult matchup because of their frontcourt's ability to defend. Playing through Janssen has long been Wayne's strength as he is the rare dual threat dish or shoot post player, easily leading the team in assists last year. Problem is that it hasn't just been Augie stopping the WSC offense.

We aren't cutting as well, and aren't finding open cutters. Part of that is that it seems that officials aren't allowing as much free movement off the ball as in the past (a lot of games have been of the "grab and hack" variety this year, though I wouldn't characterize the Augie game that way). Perusing the stats, last year's team averaged over 15 assists per game. This year we are under 10. Shooting percentages are down significantly as we are taking more difficult, self-created shots. I'm hopeful that this is fixable for a pretty experienced team, but I don't pretend to have the answers as to how to execute this.

Leave a comment:

• Augieholic
    replied
    The Wayne offense has rarely been a thing of beauty but when you have the personnel to guard Janssen one on one most of the time it stifles a lot of what they try to do. Riemersma, Dykman, and Tiedman all had successful stints yesterday. Jordan loves to deal or initiate from the elbow but the size of Augie makes that difficult. Obviously this was greatly assisted by Eagins having an off game after he hit several big shots in the game at Wayne.

On the flip side I continue to have concerns about the sustainsustainability of Augie's offense given the volume of contested two pointers they attempt but they keep winning so I'll just continue to be pleasantly surprised.

Leave a comment:

• cat fan
    replied
    Originally posted by wscsuperfan View Post
    Never thought I'd see this with this team this year, but the WSC men are winless so far on the road this year: (0-5)
    Yeah, it's a bit hard to diagnose, especially when watching on video. Mohr's injury hasn't helped of course, but he played quite a bit last night. To be honest, they haven't always looked in-sync at home either. Last year they were somehow greater than the sum of their parts. This year, well, the flow just isn't there on offense despite having pretty much the same players. It's early enough for this to get fixed though. Hopefully that happens.

Leave a comment:

• wscsuperfan
    replied
    Never thought I'd see this with this team this year, but the WSC men are winless so far on the road this year: (0-5)

Leave a comment:

• Moorhead123
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Purple Mav Man
    replied
    Originally posted by cat fan View Post

+1. Of course, for Augie the real rivalry is with USF, so I doubt they care that much where the WSC game falls in the calendar. They didn't appear to have much of a crowd yesterday, but they didn't need any help in dismantling the Wildcats.

Beyond that, wouldn't it make more sense to schedule the long travel games for last weekend and the next one? Classes aren't in session so if a team needs to do a ten hour bus ride at some point in the season it would be a lot easier to carve out the time in early January.

Leave a comment:

• cat fan
    replied
    +1. Of course, for Augie the real rivalry is with USF, so I doubt they care that much where the WSC game falls in the calendar. They didn't appear to have much of a crowd yesterday, but they didn't need any help in dismantling the Wildcats.

Beyond that, wouldn't it make more sense to schedule the long travel games for last weekend and the next one? Classes aren't in session so if a team needs to do a ten hour bus ride at some point in the season it would be a lot easier to carve out the time in early January.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X