Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
    Was at the Pentagon last night for a volleyball game and gave myself the full walkthrough. It's a very impressive facility. I like the HS HOF exhibits, and all the random photos and history they have everywhere. The bar area is very nice too, great touch.

They had the suites unlocked so people had filtered into those too, but I didn't go in.

Also nice that they had their own separate floor for volleyball.
    It is a very nice facility. I'm not a fan of the basketball court design.....but that's just me

Comment

Originally posted by wscsuperfan View Post

It is a very nice facility. I'm not a fan of the basketball court design.....but that's just me
      I actually haven't seen it in person yet. Photos make it look okay. I'll have to see.

Comment

Originally posted by wscsuperfan View Post

Comment

Never a fan of that either, but that's just one of those things we kinda have to have. Same with the volleyball lines.

The Pentagon has a separate floor for volleyball though, kinda be neat if we had something like that. The cost doesn't justify the usage though.

Comment

Visited the Stewart Center last night, for basketball this time.

I think it needs some love and care. Fresh paint and the like to make it pop. Otherwise, if USF could fill it - it would be a tough place to play.

It would also be cool if they could line parts of the track with bar seating. That would be neat.

Overall, not a bad basketball atmosphere. Wouldn't mind going back.

Comment

I think it needs some love and care. Fresh paint and the like to make it pop. Otherwise, if USF could fill it - it would be a tough place to play.

It would also be cool if they could line parts of the track with bar seating. That would be neat.

You and Laker are the travelling champs of the conference. I admit I'm envious!

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

You and Laker are the travelling champs of the conference. I admit I'm envious!
                I learned from the best road warrior in college sports!

I like getting out and exploring. My location helps. Most of these towns I'd have never thought to visit if it weren't for the fact they are apart of the conference, which makes it fun.

Comment

When the Stewie is packed, it can be exceptionally loud. The 2009 GPAC championship or Augie's first trip there where Dan Jansen couldn't hit a free throw to save his life come to mind. But otherwise, sounds like it hasn't changed much since I graduated. It's nothing special but is still a great place to watch basketball. Good suggestions SW_Mustang that will likely go unheard. If USF could manage to market even a little bit and get a couple 100 more fans there each weekend would likely go a long ways.
                  4x 'Crackerjack' NAIA National Champions - 1996, 2006, 2008, 2009
                  2016 NSIC Champions
                  🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Comment

Taylor Center is amazing. Biased of course. I long for the old days of the NCC crowds and when Winona was a non con rival. The arena was packed.
                    in college when the hockey team was just turning the corner and the basketball team was hosting playoffs the place would be rocking as well. The good old days

Comment

Originally posted by Otis Day View Post

When the Stewie is packed, it can be exceptionally loud. The 2009 GPAC championship or Augie's first trip there where Dan Jansen couldn't hit a free throw to save his life come to mind. But otherwise, sounds like it hasn't changed much since I graduated. It's nothing special but is still a great place to watch basketball. Good suggestions SW_Mustang that will likely go unheard. If USF could manage to market even a little bit and get a couple 100 more fans there each weekend would likely go a long ways.
                      It's got some potential, that's for sure. Definitely needs a spit shine though. Tough part for USF is being squeezed in so tightly, unless they moved to another area - but I don't really think they need too. The rest of the place looked nice from what I could see.

I also grabbed a USF Schedule Poster when I was there - it's hanging at my desk, just to confuse everyone. Matke Field screen background, USF poster, constantly at Augustana for stuff...

Comment

Originally posted by zimmy21 View Post
                        Taylor Center is amazing. Biased of course. I long for the old days of the NCC crowds and when Winona was a non con rival. The arena was packed.
                        in college when the hockey team was just turning the corner and the basketball team was hosting playoffs the place would be rocking as well. The good old days
                        They had those back-to-back games, one in each town. The ones I recall were during the run, so Winona won them all, but they were close, and some required late game magic. Smith and Santos had some good battles. May have been some back-to-backs before then but I wasn't paying much attention. I recall a friend in my day transferred to Mankato State, so some of us paid a weekend visit and went to a game in the old arena. Don't recall who they played but do remember Gene Glynn was the point guard and the place was full. The good times.

Comment

Passed through Marshall today so I swung by the R/A for the Augie game. I love the new floor and video board, but it makes the rest of the place look a little outdated.

They took the old press booth and used it as a VIP section at courtside for a previous baseball coach. Not sure if they do that every game or not but I like the idea.

Comment

They took the old press booth and used it as a VIP section at courtside for a previous baseball coach. Not sure if they do that every game or not but I like the idea.
                            Today was the first I noticed it, but I didn't watch the opener against Morris. I liked it too. Saw the pres and his wife sat there too.

Comment

How was the posted attendance gap between the two games yesterday across the league?

SMSU
                              MBB: 1211
                              WBB: 1120

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
                                How was the posted attendance gap between the two games yesterday across the league?

SMSU
                                MBB: 1211
                                WBB: 1120

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X