Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chase Grinde's barber needs to be fired.

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
      Wayne grinds it out 63-59. Brutal turnover by Jamo down 3 and less than 20 seconds to go. Eagins had a huge floater and free throws down the stretch.
      A Wayne State game isn't the prettiest thing to watch, but you have to admire their tenacity. They contest every inch of the court and seem to overplay passing lanes at just the right time.

And Janssen is so skilled around the basket. He was invisible most of the night, but then you check the box score and he ends up the Wildcats' leading scorer and rebounder.

Comment

Comment

the takeaway from the first night is the league is gonna be a dog fight and there are a lot of very good teams. Goona be lots of "upsets" which may not realy be upsets.

Moorhead looks really good, So does Wayne. then a whole bunch of teams wgho could finish 3-12

Comment

Comment

Comment

Upper Iowa putting the hurt on Truman State right now, up by 23 with 12 to go.

Duluth and St. Cloud also beat up the Michigan D2s today.

Safe to say the NSIC is a pretty tough conference this year.

Comment

I'd like to report a homicide in Fayette...UIU beats #2 Truman 103-77 and it wasn't that close, UIU up by over 30 when reserves put in. Big game now Thursday at Mankato. Not sure what to say outside of UIU was on fire and took it to Truman.

Comment

Cartwright saves the Cougars from a loss in Moorhead after a 17-point second half gets him to 22 total. I don't see how USF can beat NWMSU and Moorhead but lose to Mary, but it is what it is. Contrary to Moorhead123's argument a few posts back, I think the South is going to be a more brutal gauntlet than the North this year.

Comment

Crookston on the verge of taking down Lone Star Conference member Midwestern State. This conference is dogging everybody this year.

Comment

Doane, whom Augie struggled against in the first half last night before coming away with a 10-point win, takes down Wayne State, 76-72.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
                          Doane, whom Augie struggled against in the first half last night before coming away with a 10-point win, takes down Wayne State, 76-72.
                          Yuck.....Doane shot hot. Sadly, just an exhibition game for them, counts for us
                          Last edited by wscsuperfan; 11-28-2021, 12:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
                            Cartwright saves the Cougars from a loss in Moorhead after a 17-point second half gets him to 22 total. I don't see how USF can beat NWMSU and Moorhead but lose to Mary, but it is what it is. Contrary to Moorhead123's argument a few posts back, I think the South is going to be a more brutal gauntlet than the North this year.

Comment

My semi-informed opinion (I have only seen 3 games total so far this year-BSU/Morris, NMU/SCSU & NMU/UMD, so according to the coach's preseason poll, I have not seen the top NSIC teams play and have seen just 3 NSIC teams play once).

BSU: As expected, the Beavers dominated a slow, but well-coached D3 tUM-Morris team. Derek Thompson, who has emerged over the years into a solid NSIC center/forward, is currently averaging 5.6 points per game and is 5th in minutes played. So on one side of this, four newcomers are getting more PT than Derek and I don't know what to think about that. Are these new guys for real and we are going to be really good? Watching Morris live didn't tell me much. I was really impressed with Mohomad Kone's 2-man "penetrate and dish for dunk game" then saw the UMC stats where he was 1-17 from the field in a loss to #16 Crookston. Travis Bianco and John Sutherland also showed promise, but the jury isn't out yet on the 3-2 Beavers.

SCSU: Hey Simple! I got a chance to talk to Matt Reimer prior to the NMU game. He seemed to like his team and they have talent but are not very consistent yet. I was impressed. I thought they were athletic in several positions, Anthony Roberts in particular (oh my). I thought Josh Tomasi was physical and effective inside. Matt basically used 7 players all of which were pretty good. Double figures on five guys. NMU was not too impressive that night. Yes NMU beat UMC in Crookston by 17 who beat East Central and more recently Midwestern State). Nice to see former BSU players Max Bjorklund and Nick Wagner who had decent but not commanding games. So I think SCSU will beat Tech the next night (they lost to UMD by 34), but not so (lost 90-76).

UMD: I think these guys are good (7-0). They're big, strong and aggressive. Austin Andrews (20 pts) is a brute and versitle inside. Drew Blair (21 pts) and Josh Brown (21 pts) are good shooters.They beat Tech by 34 who beat SCSU by 14). I haven't seen the upper side of the league but UMD looks like they will contend.

We are on our way back to Bemidji tomorrow with a stop at the artisian well at the Asland (WI) beach/park on the west side of town-the best drinking water in North America (once again, a semi-informed opinion). :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post

If UIU and USF continue to play like yesterday you are most likely correct. Cartwright absolutely stole that one from Moorhead. He made a number of shots standing on his head. Credit to him and USF.
                                Duluth may end up finishing in 1st when it's all said and done. Wieck has had some ridiculous recruiting classes the past couple of years. It was only a matter of time before the Bulldogs next-leveled it.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X