Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, everyone needs to remember that the NCAA stated at the start of the year that this year wasn't going to count, so now the question becomes, which of your guys are looking to move on as opposed to staying in school and enjoying that life. The 4 regional team could al look similar next year

Comment

Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
      Yeah, everyone needs to remember that the NCAA stated at the start of the year that this year wasn't going to count, so now the question becomes, which of your guys are looking to move on as opposed to staying in school and enjoying that life. The 4 regional team could al look similar next year
      Yeah - the free year did have an interesting impact, but I think that was last year, this year counts. Only reason we have Smoldt and Jareese this year is due to the free year last year. They'd be gone and graduated and eligibility used up if it wasn't for Covid year. UIU really benefited from the extra year.

Comment

Also hoping that the Msum team success helps to keep a few more guys around another year. Also, eagerly awaiting the Dykman announcement that he found a way to come back for 8th year at Augie.

Comment

Originally posted by Peacock View Post
          Yeah - the free year did have an interesting impact, but I think that was last year, this year counts. Only reason we have Smoldt and Jareese this year is due to the free year last year. They'd be gone and graduated and eligibility used up if it wasn't for Covid year. UIU really benefited from the extra year.
          On this NCAA link I'm reading it to mean that 20-21 was a free year for everybody, whether you played or not, and that everyone who was eligible in 21-22 is granted an extra year of eligibility. Now its up to the kids if they want to get on with life or not. I hope for SCSU's sake, a lot of them do.

https://www.ncsasports.org/coronavir...ty-coronavirus

Comment

Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post

On this NCAA link I'm reading it to mean that 20-21 was a free year for everybody, whether you played or not, and that everyone who was eligible in 21-22 is granted an extra year of eligibility. Now its up to the kids if they want to get on with life or not. I hope for SCSU's sake, a lot of them do.

https://www.ncsasports.org/coronavir...ty-coronavirus
            Correct - so last year didn't count and if you would have graduated last year you got this year as an extra and those that weren't set to graduate can tack a year on down the road.

Comment

Originally posted by Peacock View Post

I was surprised with him too - but appears he may have gotten degree at year end and wants to go to grad school somewhere? Maybe in a major that WSU doesn't have grad program? Just a guess, but think he has been there 4 years? That is a loss for them!
              I might be mistaken but seem to recall he played as a true freshmen. However, with the free covid year this might be his fourth. Maybe this transfer business will settle down some after the free year is in the rear view mirror. I hope so.

Comment

Updated
                Here is the current list of transfers as reported on Verbal Commits
                --Bemidji -- Mohamed Kone
                --Concordia -- Elijah Ormison, Keenan Jones Jr. , Jack Iverson, Walker Johnson
                --Crookston -- Tyrese Shines
                --Mankato -- Harlyn Owens III, Gavin Ralph, Noah Hart, Shawn Hopkins, Quincy Anderson, Devonte Thedford
                --Minot -- Jayden Houston
                --Northern -- Andrew Rohrbach
                --SCSU -- Josh Tomasi, Joe Mutimer
                --Sioux Falls -- William Kondrat, Cedric Johnson, Dekel Cohen Sharon
                --Winona -- Cal Green, Alou Dillon, Alex Rosner, Nick Klug

Another one joins the group as now Bemidji has dipped their toe in. The league is now up to 23

Comment

Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post
                  Also hoping that the Msum team success helps to keep a few more guys around another year. Also, eagerly awaiting the Dykman announcement that he found a way to come back for 8th year at Augie.
                  Heard he reached out to Luke Anderson and Clayton Vette back in December.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

Heard he reached out to Luke Anderson and Clayton Vette back in December.
                    I know it seemed longer because he kicked your arse every time but Clayton was only at Winona for four years.

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post

I know it seemed longer because he kicked your arse every time but Clayton was only at Winona for four years.
                      https://winonastatewarriors.com/spor...ton-vette/6343

Comment

Comment

Pretty impressive resume. Only glaring exclusion is how many points he threw down on Mankato.

Comment

Pretty impressive resume. Only glaring exclusion is how many points he threw down on Mankato.
                            Last edited by Purple Mav Man; 03-03-2022, 02:56 PM. Reason: Double post

Comment

Why would they exclude that? Call the SID.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

Pleased to know we are aligned with our thoughts.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X