Comment

Updated with game times:

1. Augie vs 8. SWOSU 5pm
      4. UIU vs 5. UCO 730pm
      2. UMD vs 7. Washburn Noon
      3. NWMo vs 6. Moorhead 230pm

Comment

Originally posted by TigerAlum View Post
        I'm the only one that's going to complain probably but I'm still going to do it....10 loss Washburn gets in instead of a 6 loss FHSU who beat Washburn in the one match up.
        I know Washburn says look at us recently...well recently we had a 3 point loss to NW while Wash had an 8 point loss.
        Washburn says well we had injuries...every team battles that it's body of work. Frustrating.
        FHSU also had better road record as well.
        I was hoping for a Fort Hays - Washburn final today for the automatic bid, but Fort Hays couldn't hold onto the 8 point lead yesterday. But, I would not be happy either with the tournament selection if I were a Fort Hays fan. I see both sides of the argument, but if I was a fan of the other regional teams, Washburn would scare me more.

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
          Updated with game times:

1. Augie vs 8. SWOSU 5pm
          4. UIU vs 5. UCO 730pm
          Now, obviously I care about as little as anyone else whose team isn't participating...but nice when it gets set up this way. Regardless if it played out that way or just set up to avoid playing same conference games. A lot to live up to if trying to repeat 2018.

Comment

Updated with game times:

1. Augie vs 8. SWOSU 5pm
            4. UIU vs 5. UCO 730pm
            Thanks for posting this. Where'd you find the times listed?

Comment

Updated with game times:

1. Augie vs 8. SWOSU 5pm
              4. UIU vs 5. UCO 730pm

Comment

UIU tweet just confirmed 7:30.

Comment

Yeah thats my bad, NWMo vs Moorhead is at noon. UMD vs Washburn at 230. I'm not sure why the better seed gets less rest but that's what my email says.

Comment

Originally posted by mosofan1 View Post

I was hoping for a Fort Hays - Washburn final today for the automatic bid, but Fort Hays couldn't hold onto the 8 point lead yesterday. But, I would not be happy either with the tournament selection if I were a Fort Hays fan. I see both sides of the argument, but if I was a fan of the other regional teams, Washburn would scare me more.
                    I think part of it is people look at Washburn and see lots of points so they must be better....#2 scoring defense in the Nation. Held NW to 53 points on a screw job by the officials giving NW 20 FTs to our 0.
                    ?????
                    I would've liked to have seen it to but see above!!!

Comment

If you go to the regional rankings page, https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/basket...gional-ranking , the rankings are a week old but the pdf's at the bottom have been updated through March 06th.

Hays had the better record (20-6 to 19-10) & the better performance indicator (29.192 to 28.517). Washburn has the better RPI (.579 to .569), the better SOS (.555 to .505) and the better record vs regionally ranked opponents (4-6 to 1-5).

Comment

Originally posted by TigerAlum View Post

I think part of it is people look at Washburn and see lots of points so they must be better....#2 scoring defense in the Nation. Held NW to 53 points on a screw job by the officials giving NW 20 FTs to our 0.
                        ?????
                        I would've liked to have seen it to but see above!!!
                        Maybe people see a team that played a tougher schedule and won more games against good teams.

Comment

I think Washburn getting in over Fort Hays State came down to quality wins. I would be upset if I was Fort Hays State but Washburn winning at NWMS and beating UCO twice was huge. FHSU was 0-5 against those two schools and Washburn was 3-3 against them. Also, NWMS's performance over the last few years has elevated our conference and the Bearcats lost 4 games in the MIAA this year which speaks to how good the MIAA was this year. Emporia State was a really good team as well. One thru 5 this year was the best 1 thru 5 in quite some time. The GAC did not perform well against the MIAA and the NSIC this year and having a 14-16 team win their conference tournament might say something about the quality of that league this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post

Maybe people see a team that played a tougher schedule and won more games against good teams.
                            Some people see 10 losses and a loss in a head to head competition - which was even stated on Washburn's own radio call.

Comment

Originally posted by Btech#3 View Post
                              I think Washburn getting in over Fort Hays State came down to quality wins. I would be upset if I was Fort Hays State but Washburn winning at NWMS and beating UCO twice was huge. FHSU was 0-5 against those two schools and Washburn was 3-3 against them. Also, NWMS's performance over the last few years has elevated our conference and the Bearcats lost 4 games in the MIAA this year which speaks to how good the MIAA was this year. Emporia State was a really good team as well. One thru 5 this year was the best 1 thru 5 in quite some time. The GAC did not perform well against the MIAA and the NSIC this year and having a 14-16 team win their conference tournament might say something about the quality of that league this year.
                              I am with you Btech on why they probably got in, tough when you look at the entire body of work in comparison (one teams goes one way and the other team goes the other way) which is how the committee is tasked with looking at it and its tough. BUT I get it but doesn't mean I like it one bit - I think it was a toss up: either way one of the top 8 teams in the region from the MIAA is sitting at home this week due to the upsets in the NSIC and GAC.

Obviously can plan the what iff game pretty easily for the weekend - what happens if Wash loses on Saturday and FHSU wins on Saturday....who knows and not worth chasing that at all.

I will be cheering for MIAA schools all week!

Comment

I agree TigerAlum. I would feel the same way had we been left out. The bottom line is that when upsets happen in the other conferences someone always gets screwed. SE Okie St also has a legitimate beef as well.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X