Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alfred33
    replied
    Like I said a couple of days ago, I wouldn’t get too fired up either way the games this weekend went, but there are some things to be excited about. We had 4 in double figures the first game and 5 tonight. This is all without Dreamer. We may not have the superstar, but it feels like we can get scoring from more places and should have better balance. We’re definitely deeper.

The freshman PG Stirtz played well with double figures in both games. I’m definitely encouraged with Jackson, 6 of 8 from 3, with 26 points tonight… looks like his defender will have to come out of the paint this year. If we clean up the turnovers, we might be dangerous again this year.

Leave a comment:

• Alfred33
    replied
    Uh oh…. Isaiah Jackson is 3-3 shooting 3 pointers early in the game tonight. He’s going to be a problem if he developed a jump shot.

Leave a comment:

• Alfred33
    replied
    Looking forward to getting this thing rolling.... not putting too much stock into these early games either way, but excited to see what we have, especially some of the young guys. It's not hard to understand why we're ranked #1, and it's certainly not a bad thing to start there. That said, preseason rankings are crapshoot. Of course I'd love to win these games because it could help down the road when looking at qualifying data for regionals, etc., but I won't get too excited about the results win or lose. Last year, we lost to what turned out to be an average Sioux Falls team in the preseason... That worked out all right for us. Everybody at the beginning of the season, including us, is just kind of feeling themselves out, figuring out their rotations and such. We are playing a couple of perennially good solid programs, which will be a good test and will give us a little bit of information of what we are and maybe what we can be.

Leave a comment:

• ZubCat81
    replied
    Originally posted by NWHoops View Post
    Bearcat basketball/McCollum article in the Associated Press.

https://apnews.com/article/sports-co...djfhWHMtyYJI38
    Love seeing HC McCollum and his Bearcat teams get attention like this. Really pumped to watch the games this weekend vs West Texas A&M and Flagler. Both tournament teams from last season. West Texas A&M coming into the season ranked #5. Does anyone know if there is any way to sync Bearcat Radio Network with the live stream? I know I brought it up last season and I remember someone replying that they were going to try to make this happen.
    Last edited by ZubCat81; 11-02-2022, 09:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• MrAugustana
    replied
    Originally posted by NWHoops View Post

Headline: Northwest Missouri State hoops on verge of becoming dynasty

Honest question, what more will they need to do? Are there many more dynastic teams in the modern D2 era than the Bearcats?

Leave a comment:

• NWHoops
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Alfred33
    replied
    It's almost time!

Leave a comment:

• NWFanatic
    replied
    Great turnout from students and locals for this year’s Basketball Bash introducing the ‘22-‘23 Bearcat men’s/ women’s teams

Leave a comment:

• mosofan1
    replied
    Originally posted by MisterWizard View Post
    And what does the JV program do for the overall program? At MOSO, they weren’t very good, some said they wouldn’t have even won the intramural championship. And do Any of them ever move up to varsity? Not that I’ve seen. We’ve been more likely to snag a football player for the regular roster.

Fans don’t attend the JV games either.

Now, if every MIAA team had a JV, and they played each other, it might be a bit more interesting. But to me it’s all about whether they are developing players for the main roster.
    I agree. Hasn't done anything at MOSO. Maybe give some coaching experience to a young assistant? I haven't seen any men move up, and remember one lady moving up. But our women's team was not very good then.

Leave a comment:

• Alfred33
    replied
    i recognize that guy! #oabaab

Leave a comment:

• NWFanatic
    replied
    Anyone on here going to the Pre-season Tourney 11/04-11/05 in Lakeland FL? We’re supposed to see relatives in SC late Oct and are thinking about heading to the games before heading home

Leave a comment:

• MisterWizard
    replied
    And what does the JV program do for the overall program? At MOSO, they weren’t very good, some said they wouldn’t have even won the intramural championship. And do Any of them ever move up to varsity? Not that I’ve seen. We’ve been more likely to snag a football player for the regular roster.

Fans don’t attend the JV games either.

Now, if every MIAA team had a JV, and they played each other, it might be a bit more interesting. But to me it’s all about whether they are developing players for the main roster.

Leave a comment:

• mosofan1
    replied
    Originally posted by ZubCat81 View Post
    Sixteen players on scholarship. HC McCollum could take some of those guys and put them on a JV team to assist with putting their playing time and some game day experience in the fast lane. Add some walk-ons to the bench. Not sure if NW has ever had a JV team. MIAA? Maybe Washburn and Missouri Southern?
    Missouri Southern has had a JV team the last 4 or 5 years. Has games against JUCO's and prep schools.

Leave a comment:

• ZubCat81
    replied
    Sixteen players on scholarship. HC McCollum could take some of those guys and put them on a JV team to assist with putting their playing time and some game day experience in the fast lane. Add some walk-ons to the bench. Not sure if NW has ever had a JV team. MIAA? Maybe Washburn and Missouri Southern?

Leave a comment:

• Alfred33
    replied
    Originally posted by ZubCat81 View Post
    Does anyone know if HC McCollum's practices are closed to the public? Of course, when I was gracing the intramural courts at NW about four decades ago (geesh), sitting on the sidelines for a handful of Bearcat practices wasn't an issue, but not sure if McCollum has a different philosophy these days. Would love to (quietly) soak it all in. Certainly a whole new era.

Excited to see this 2022-2023 Bearcat team in action this season. I think these guys are going to have a fun year. We got new faces!

https://bearcatsports.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster
    A lot of new faces... that's a big roster only losing 1 and gaining 5.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X