• mosofan1
    replied
    News on Diego for all you NW fans.

https://twitter.com/chrisRroush/stat...APuBsSEig&s=19

Leave a comment:

• Augieholic
    replied
    Originally posted by LukeMcConnell1 View Post
    One other thing I've seen floating the Twitterverse is Grant McCasland at North Texas going to Texas Tech and bringing Ben with him. Apparently they're pretty close. Haven't seen any reporters mention that, but just some rumblings from people who apparently know people.
    Rumors continue to rumble

https://twitter.com/CoachingChanges/...ZP65bX2TQ&s=19

Leave a comment:

• Augieholic
    replied
    Originally posted by LukeMcConnell1 View Post
    One other thing I've seen floating the Twitterverse is Grant McCasland at North Texas going to Texas Tech and bringing Ben with him. Apparently they're pretty close. Haven't seen any reporters mention that, but just some rumblings from people who apparently know people.
    During the North Texas - Wisconsin game last night Fran Fraschilla credited Ben McCollum with telling Grant McCasland to "check out" former Mary Marauder Kai Huntsberry during a trip to North Dakota. I was just trying to enjoy watching another Greg Gard offensive meltdown and then Fran made it even more fun.

Leave a comment:

• LukeMcConnell1
    replied

Leave a comment:

• libertybearcat
    replied
    Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post

I don't think money from the University of Buffalo would ever be the reason to take that job. Their last coach was making $300k.... No one knows the real money that Ben makes, but it's rumored to be substantially more than what is reported in the blue book. Considering the cost of living in Buffalo, New York vs Maryville, that's likely not much of a raise if any. Obviously the only reason to take that job would be as a springboard for something bigger down the road. I.e. Bobby Hurley to Arizona State, Nate Oates to Alabama... if he were successful there, he would definitely command the attention of a Power 5 D1. New York is a long ways from home for him and his family... I sure he has a built a large network of coaches, high schools, AAU programs, etc., but I don't know if it stretches that far. Obviously, there were a lot of factors, but hey, I'm cool with doing this again next year.
    I hadn't seen what they paid...just figured the MAC schools would have a bigger budget for their HC...$300k would not be a big enough difference to leave what he has at NW.

Leave a comment:

• southside
    replied
    I don’t see Ben leaving unless it’s absolutely perfect.

Leave a comment:

• Donkeydamus
    replied
    Originally posted by Kiss My Ass View Post

If it's just the money, then I'll chip in a few bucks to help get Ben out of the MIAA.

Count ($) me in, Ben has just mowed down the conference for years. Great coach and super nice guy...you go Ben, please.

Leave a comment:

• Kiss My Ass
    replied
    Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post

I don't think money from the University of Buffalo would ever be the reason to take that job. Their last coach was making $300k.... No one knows the real money that Ben makes, but it's rumored to be substantially more than what is reported in the blue book. Considering the cost of living in Buffalo, New York vs Maryville, that's likely not much of a raise if any. Obviously the only reason to take that job would be as a springboard for something bigger down the road. I.e. Bobby Hurley to Arizona State, Nate Oates to Alabama... if he were successful there, he would definitely command the attention of a Power 5 D1. New York is a long ways from home for him and his family... I sure he has a built a large network of coaches, high schools, AAU programs, etc., but I don't know if it stretches that far. Obviously, there were a lot of factors, but hey, I'm cool with doing this again next year.

If it's just the money, then I'll chip in a few bucks to help get Ben out of the MIAA.

Leave a comment:

• Alfred33
    replied
    Originally posted by libertybearcat View Post

Never said it wasn't possible...said it has to be tough to make that decision and it can be a reason to not take a job.

Even if the iron is hot, if it's not the right opportunity and if you're happy where you're at you don't necessarily take the job. He's had opportunities, but not the right one yet. He's said it has to be the right opportunity. Lower level D1 seldom if ever offer life changing money, make the wrong decision and it could set you back. Now if you're going to get maybe $1M a year for 5 years...you take that chance, if it is 4 years at $250,000 maybe you don't.

Leave a comment:

• libertybearcat
    replied
    Originally posted by Shanghai Mule View Post

Kids in high school or not (they're adaptable), you have to strike while the iron is hot in your chosen profession. Apparently, the iron just wasn't all that hot at Buffalo.
    Never said it wasn't possible...said it has to be tough to make that decision and it can be a reason to not take a job.

Even if the iron is hot, if it's not the right opportunity and if you're happy where you're at you don't necessarily take the job. He's had opportunities, but not the right one yet. He's said it has to be the right opportunity. Lower level D1 seldom if ever offer life changing money, make the wrong decision and it could set you back. Now if you're going to get maybe $1M a year for 5 years...you take that chance, if it is 4 years at $250,000 maybe you don't.

Leave a comment:

• northwest missouri state
    replied
    https://buffalonews.com/sports/colle...8b9187236.html

^just a link to a buffalo news story mentioning bmc turning ub down in addition to some other dude. that's the tldr version.

Leave a comment:

• Shanghai Mule
    replied

I thought a MAC school could afford to pay enough more than NW for him to be a serious contender...was worried about that. Glad from all reports he turned it down.

It has to be tough to make the decision to move when you'll have two of your kids in HS. I know it would have been difficult to move when my girls were in HS.

Kids in high school or not (they're adaptable), you have to strike while the iron is hot in your chosen profession. Apparently, the iron just wasn't all that hot at Buffalo.

Leave a comment:

• MrAugustana
    replied

I thought a MAC school could afford to pay enough more than NW for him to be a serious contender...was worried about that. Glad from all reports he turned it down.

It has to be tough to make the decision to move when you'll have two of your kids in HS. I know it would have been difficult to move when my girls were in HS.
    From what I'm reading, everyone on the planet is turning it down. Must have realized it wasn't a good situation.

Leave a comment:

• libertybearcat
    replied
    Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
    Rumor mill says Ben turned down BU offer

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X