Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alfred33
    replied
    Came across these today… kind of fun if you’re a Bearcat fan. Impose Your Will.

Ep. 1 - http://youtu.be/7KtqgjdGo2k

Ep. 2 - http://youtu.be/oyWE-HxxRWg

Ep. 3 - http://youtu.be/mwA-mfLF-Ik

Ep. 4 - http://youtu.be/w5mug5gaoXA

Ep. 5 - http://youtu.be/Bif78Bykz7U

Ep. 6 - https://youtu.be/q-jV6ZhTDPU

Leave a comment:

• libertybearcat
    replied
    Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post

The things to do list in Maryville is short. Really short. At least there should be a good basketball tournament going on. There are bars if you like to drink... lol. We've added a brewery since the last time we hosted... The Black Pony, which Fanatic noted above. The Pub, The Black Pony, and/or Burny's Upper Deck will sometimes have live music... I don't know if they have anything scheduled next weekend or not... they probably should if they don't. I hope everyone has a safe trip and a nice stay, but I hope you all go home having lost your last game. ;)
    Kids are gone on Spring Break until Monday 13th...doubt they'll have live music at Burny's. Their Pizza is really good!

Leave a comment:

• Alfred33
    replied
    Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post
    Ok Bearcat fans…educate the out-of-Towners on the things to do, places to eat, places to stay, etc. in and around Maryville during the regional.
    The things to do list in Maryville is short. Really short. At least there should be a good basketball tournament going on. There are bars if you like to drink... lol. We've added a brewery since the last time we hosted... The Black Pony, which Fanatic noted above. The Pub, The Black Pony, and/or Burny's Upper Deck will sometimes have live music... I don't know if they have anything scheduled next weekend or not... they probably should if they don't. I hope everyone has a safe trip and a nice stay, but I hope you all go home having lost your last game. ;)

Leave a comment:

• Alfred33
    replied
    No matter how things go in the regional and maybe, hopefully, beyond, this year has been remarkable. Did anyone really see this coming? I mean, yes, we only lost one player, but that player was Trevor Hudgins, 2 x National POY, who is still on an NBA two way contract. This team has a better record to this point than it did a year ago, brought home an outright conference championship, a conference tournament championship, and the top seed in the best basketball region in D2. I thought this was going to kind of be a reset year with some of the unknowns... I titled this thread A New Era because of that, but the run continues with another 30 win season. We are truly blessed as Bearcat fans.

Speaking about not seeing it coming, how about the dunk over 2 defenders by our freshman point guard yesterday?!? Geez! That kid has been great from game 1.

Leave a comment:

• NWFanatic
    replied
    Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post
    Ok Bearcat fans…educate the out-of-Towners on the things to do, places to eat, places to stay, etc. in and around Maryville during the regional.
    Holiday Inn Express is best Hotel followed by Cobblestone Inn. Places to eat Palms, A&G, William Coy’s, El Nopal Pagliai’s(pizza/spaghetti) Bars -Pub, Black Pony…check out Mozingo Lake. For a day trip Squaw Creek had lots of waterfowl and Bald Eagles this year.
    Last edited by NWFanatic; 03-08-2023, 12:07 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Moorhead123
    replied

Leave a comment:

• northwest missouri state
    replied
    d carried the day was suffocating

Leave a comment:

• NWFanatic
    replied
    What a tough hard fought game…Props to ESU on giving NW all they could handle for 30 plus minutes. With only a 2 pt lead at half I was pleasantly surprised NW won by as much as they did with a 20 pt lead temporarily.

Leave a comment:

• NWFanatic
    replied
    NW had more alley oop dunks yesterday vs MoWest than I’ve seen from them recently.
    They really got the large NW crowd fired up.
    Good luck to LU today and UCO’s opponent tomorrow -imho I’d rather not play UCO/ESU again

Leave a comment:

• Alfred33
    replied
    Originally posted by Devin Albertson View Post
    According to KQ2’s Chris Roush, this the the 5th time it has happened.
    Thanks! I’m a little surprised, but I guess the conference is 111 years old…

Leave a comment:

• Devin Albertson
    replied
    Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post
    I’m curious… not curious enough to research it myself, but typically a conference player of the year is an offensive star… has there ever been a MIAA player of the year that was also the defensive player of the year? That’s impressive and really kind of cool.
    According to KQ2’s Chris Roush, this the the 5th time it has happened.

Leave a comment:

• Alfred33
    replied
    I’m curious… not curious enough to research it myself, but typically a conference player of the year is an offensive star… has there ever been a MIAA player of the year that was also the defensive player of the year? That’s impressive and really kind of cool.

Leave a comment:

• AlexTheHAMMER
    replied
    Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
    NW swept the 4 main awards:
    MIAA awards:
    Diego is POY, DPOY & 1st team All Conf
    Bennett is FOY and 2nd team All conf
    Wes is 2nd team All Conf
    Ben is COY
    Congrats!
    Next year does Jimmy Drew at Lincoln win COY if turning the program from the the bottom of the conference to 5th place was more than a flash in the pan? I see it going either way since tnext year is their last in the conference.

Leave a comment:

• NWFanatic
    replied
    NW swept the 4 main awards:
    MIAA awards:
    Diego is POY, DPOY & 1st team All Conf
    Bennett is FOY and 2nd team All conf
    Wes is 2nd team All Conf
    Ben is COY
    Congrats!

Leave a comment:

• libertybearcat
    replied
    Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
    early in the MSSU game Diego Bernard pulled another heads up inbound play. He was under the NW basket and the MoSo player nearest him had his back turned. Diego bounced the ball off the MoSo player’s back, caught the ball and had an easy dunk. He’s pulled this trick a few other times.

How would this show in the stats?
    First thought would guess just as a 2 point basket...and a mention during film review. But if a QB can catch a deflection of a pass and it counts as a completion to himself...I'd be perfectly fine with is showing up as an assist and a bucket.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X