Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NWFanatic
    replied
    Large rowdy crowd tonight-players fed off their energy. Great games by Wes and Mitch. What a crazy ending as NW scores 10 unanswered points to close out the game and sub out in the last minute. I certainly hope someone else knocks off UCO in the MIAA and Central Region as I don’t relish NW drawing them again.

Leave a comment:

• catfan4life
    replied
    NW pulls away late to win 65-51 over UCO, 10 straight MIAA Championships.

Leave a comment:

• NWFanatic
    replied
    NW is #2 in the NACB poll with UCO at #7
    Good luck to Ben & his Boys tomorrow night

Leave a comment:

• NWFanatic
    replied
    NW men overcome a 5 pt halftime deficit to beat MoWest on St Joe 68-59. This is the 18th time this year they held the opponent to <60 pts. Huge NW crowd-looked almost like a home game
    Last edited by NWFanatic; 02-18-2023, 05:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Alfred33
    replied
    Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
    Very physical game in the paint tonight. Bennett & Mitch both got dinged some but hopefully will be fine by Saturday. Pretty grueling stretch of 3 road games in 6 days. Some of the TO’s were self-inflicted some were good defense and some were a result of some iffy calls. Defense was locked in-38 pts when Ben cleared the bench with about 2 minutes left and the backups only gave up 2 pts. 13 for WU had 20 vs UCO/1 tonight.
    NW had a good crowd tonight and made some noise at key points.
    Not to take away from our defensive efforts, because defense travels and we were certainly locked in. but I wouldn't use Braun as any kind of comparative barometer. He is their Mascari... He's not a scorer, he's a shooter. If he gets some open looks, obviously, he can score 20, but he may barely shoot the next game. He had 5 against Newman the game before UCO. We obviously pay attention to the scouting report... against NW, he has 1 point in 2 games, but only 2 FG attempts...

Leave a comment:

• NWFanatic
    replied
    Very physical game in the paint tonight. Bennett & Mitch both got dinged some but hopefully will be fine by Saturday. Pretty grueling stretch of 3 road games in 6 days. Some of the TO’s were self-inflicted some were good defense and some were a result of some iffy calls. Defense was locked in-38 pts when Ben cleared the bench with about 2 minutes left and the backups only gave up 2 pts. 13 for WU had 20 vs UCO/1 tonight.
    NW had a good crowd tonight and made some noise at key points.

Leave a comment:

• Alfred33
    replied
    Originally posted by Thepeman View Post
    What is really nice is the fact that when the offense might not be the prettiest, the defense has been lock down. Since the loss to UCO, the defense has been averaging giving up 47.4 points per game (10 games). Coming together at the right time of the year.
    Absolutely!… the defense doesn’t have off nights.

Leave a comment:

• Thepeman
    replied
    What is really nice is the fact that when the offense might not be the prettiest, the defense has been lock down. Since the loss to UCO, the defense has been averaging giving up 47.4 points per game (10 games). Coming together at the right time of the year.

Leave a comment:

• Alfred33
    replied
    I’m not concerned and it’s hard to complain about a 26 point win on the road, but that was kind of hard to watch. The defense was smothering, but I can’t imagine Ben was happy with the offense. Really ugly at times tonight… 17 turnovers and many of them were self inflicted. Oh well, next…. Lol

Leave a comment:

• GoCatsGo5
    replied
    Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post
    Since we play again, both teams still control their own destiny when it comes to the 1 seed in the conference tournament, but I didn't mind getting a little help from the Ichabods today. I admit, I did not see that coming.
    No one saw that coming…not even Ichybod fans!!!

Leave a comment:

• Alfred33
    replied
    Northwest sits alone on top of the MIAA standings after a dominating win at Northeastern State coupled with a UCO blowout loss to Washburn.

Since we play again, both teams still control their own destiny when it comes to the 1 seed in the conference tournament, but I didn't mind getting a little help from the Ichabods today. I admit, I did not see that coming.

Leave a comment:

• libertybearcat
    replied
    NWMSU 67 RSU 51…NW had a great 2nd half after only being up 24-23 @ 1/2. After attending the game @ RSU tonight I can see why they were 10-2 at home/2-8 away from home…nuff said.
    First time I was there in 2020...they'd recently had some type of stock show and you could still smell the ****...my daughter said there was **** in the hallways they had to go down from the locker room to the playing floor...there arena is basically a smaller American Royal.

Leave a comment:

• NWFanatic
    replied
    NWMSU 67 RSU 51…NW had a great 2nd half after only being up 24-23 @ 1/2. After attending the game @ RSU tonight I can see why they were 10-2 at home/2-8 away from home…nuff said.

Leave a comment:

• NWFanatic
    replied
    NW held WU to 16 pts in 1st half on way to a 79-53 laugher. Wes came alive with 25 pts(7-10 on 3’s)

Leave a comment:

• libertybearcat
    replied
    I agree on Mitch. Daniel had also made some strides in his defensive play while Luke has been out
    Ben said Daniel was maybe his 2nd best defender...just behind Diego and about the same as Isiah. Something he's really focused on. I'm amazed with how much buy in Ben gets with his guys to do their job...fill their role.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X