Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And what does the JV program do for the overall program? At MOSO, they weren’t very good, some said they wouldn’t have even won the intramural championship. And do Any of them ever move up to varsity? Not that I’ve seen. We’ve been more likely to snag a football player for the regular roster.

Fans don’t attend the JV games either.

Now, if every MIAA team had a JV, and they played each other, it might be a bit more interesting. But to me it’s all about whether they are developing players for the main roster.

Comment

Anyone on here going to the Pre-season Tourney 11/04-11/05 in Lakeland FL? We’re supposed to see relatives in SC late Oct and are thinking about heading to the games before heading home

Comment

i recognize that guy! #oabaab

Comment

Originally posted by MisterWizard View Post
          And what does the JV program do for the overall program? At MOSO, they weren’t very good, some said they wouldn’t have even won the intramural championship. And do Any of them ever move up to varsity? Not that I’ve seen. We’ve been more likely to snag a football player for the regular roster.

Fans don’t attend the JV games either.

Now, if every MIAA team had a JV, and they played each other, it might be a bit more interesting. But to me it’s all about whether they are developing players for the main roster.
          I agree. Hasn't done anything at MOSO. Maybe give some coaching experience to a young assistant? I haven't seen any men move up, and remember one lady moving up. But our women's team was not very good then.

Comment

Great turnout from students and locals for this year’s Basketball Bash introducing the ‘22-‘23 Bearcat men’s/ women’s teams

Comment

It's almost time!

Comment

Bearcat basketball/McCollum article in the Associated Press.

https://apnews.com/article/sports-co...djfhWHMtyYJI38

Comment

Originally posted by NWHoops View Post

Headline: Northwest Missouri State hoops on verge of becoming dynasty

Honest question, what more will they need to do? Are there many more dynastic teams in the modern D2 era than the Bearcats?

Comment

Love seeing HC McCollum and his Bearcat teams get attention like this. Really pumped to watch the games this weekend vs West Texas A&M and Flagler. Both tournament teams from last season. West Texas A&M coming into the season ranked #5. Does anyone know if there is any way to sync Bearcat Radio Network with the live stream? I know I brought it up last season and I remember someone replying that they were going to try to make this happen.
                    Last edited by ZubCat81; 11-02-2022, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Looking forward to getting this thing rolling.... not putting too much stock into these early games either way, but excited to see what we have, especially some of the young guys. It's not hard to understand why we're ranked #1, and it's certainly not a bad thing to start there. That said, preseason rankings are crapshoot. Of course I'd love to win these games because it could help down the road when looking at qualifying data for regionals, etc., but I won't get too excited about the results win or lose. Last year, we lost to what turned out to be an average Sioux Falls team in the preseason... That worked out all right for us. Everybody at the beginning of the season, including us, is just kind of feeling themselves out, figuring out their rotations and such. We are playing a couple of perennially good solid programs, which will be a good test and will give us a little bit of information of what we are and maybe what we can be.

Comment

Uh oh…. Isaiah Jackson is 3-3 shooting 3 pointers early in the game tonight. He’s going to be a problem if he developed a jump shot.

Comment

Like I said a couple of days ago, I wouldn’t get too fired up either way the games this weekend went, but there are some things to be excited about. We had 4 in double figures the first game and 5 tonight. This is all without Dreamer. We may not have the superstar, but it feels like we can get scoring from more places and should have better balance. We’re definitely deeper.

The freshman PG Stirtz played well with double figures in both games. I’m definitely encouraged with Jackson, 6 of 8 from 3, with 26 points tonight… looks like his defender will have to come out of the paint this year. If we clean up the turnovers, we might be dangerous again this year.

Comment

Luke & Diego made the all tourney team
                            final NW 88 Flagler 75

Comment

In the grand scheme of things, hard not to be happy about the outcome of the opening games for NW. Played 2 quality teams and won both by double digits. Played without Wes for majority of the first game and the entire second game. As has been mentioned, this team looks more balanced and deeper than previous teams.

Stirtz looks like he could be another Crooker or, dare I say, Fleming. He's so steady and calm out there. It's easy to see why he's playing as a true freshman. He may be playing a lot of minutes at PG this year.

Comment

In the grand scheme of things, hard not to be happy about the outcome of the opening games for NW. Played 2 quality teams and won both by double digits. Played without Wes for majority of the first game and the entire second game. As has been mentioned, this team looks more balanced and deeper than previous teams.

Stirtz looks like he could be another Crooker or, dare I say, Fleming. He's so steady and calm out there. It's easy to see why he's playing as a true freshman. He may be playing a lot of minutes at PG this year.
                                Fleming came to my mind too. He looks like he's going to be a really good player... typical coaches son. Not flashy, but very solid and smooth, finishes well around around the rim at 6'4". There's a lot to like. Stirtz doing such a nice job will allow Diego to stay off the ball when Isaiah is out of the game... I think that is probably a good thing.

We played pretty well offensively in both games and got a lot of people involved... That said, I also know from our Elite 8 trips in the past and other OOC games that teams outside of the Central region just don't defend like teams in the Central region do. It'll get tougher, but I do like our potential.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X