Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
    As per Ben he struggled right off the bat & passed up an open 3 so Ben subbed him out, the team then ended up on a 20-0 run while he was out and Daniel was playing well so why mess with a good thing. He played good vs RSU
    Yes, I caught that on Ben's post game conversation on the radio. Thanks for your help.

Comment

• The Griffs come to town today for a 3:30 men’s game. It’s a shame NW & MW students aren’t back yet. That plus the Chiefs game being moved to 3:30 today will cut the attendance at what could be a barnburner. Thankfully the townies and alum have been making a good showing.

Comment

The Griffs come to town today for a 3:30 men’s game. It’s a shame NW & MW students aren’t back yet. That plus the Chiefs game being moved to 3:30 today will cut the attendance at what could be a barnburner. Thankfully the townies and alum have been making a good showing.
        Still had a really good crowd

Comment

• NW 87 MW 64
          Ben is now 26-2 vs MW with a 21 game winning streak

Comment

• WTF!!! Stream dropped at the 15:41 mark (Broadcaster has stopped the stream) and did not restart until right before the end of the 1st half. Listening to radio broadcast. We need to figure out what it is about the bus ride from Maryville to Edmond that causes the Cats football and Men’s BB teams to not get off the effin’ bus!!!
            Last edited by GoCatsGo5; 01-12-2023, 08:47 PM.

Comment

• I don’t know how this one will end up, but so far everything just looks difficult for the Bearcats. Give UCO credit… we haven’t had any easy baskets, every shot is contested and looks forced. They’ve hit a lot of tough shots too. We’re just flat out being outplayed on both ends… we’re lucky we’re only down 8 as I type this.

And yes, the streaming issues were frustrating.
              Last edited by Alfred33; 01-12-2023, 09:07 PM.

Comment

• UCOs point guard that played really well against us last year must be injured as he hasn’t even played.

UCO has kind of had our number… beat us in basketball last year, football this year, 3 game sweep over our MIAA champion volleyball team, and tonight isn’t going well…

Comment

• Man what the heck has happened to Dreamer? I know he was injured early but he has been hit or miss, more miss this season.

Comment

• UCO allows beer at the games and there were plenty of drinkers near our bench needling us and the players. I’m glad NW doesn’t allow beer. Uncharacteristic poor shooting and numerous turnovers hurt us worse than UCO’s shooting. It was a tough physical game. At 1 point 3 NW players in a row had to come out to get bleeding stopped and none of them drew a foul.

The refs set the tone early on imho. We were 2 rows behind the NW bench. After an early made 3, 0 for UCO was kinda in Ben’s face needling him as he ran down the court. The refs stopped play and we were expecting a T on 0, instead the ref walked over to our bench and told them to be quiet😳.

Comment

UCO allows beer at the games and there were plenty of drinkers near our bench needling us and the players. I’m glad NW doesn’t allow beer. Uncharacteristic poor shooting and numerous turnovers hurt us worse than UCO’s shooting. It was a tough physical game. At 1 point 3 NW players in a row had to come out to get bleeding stopped and none of them drew a foul.

The refs set the tone early on imho. We were 2 rows behind the NW bench. After an early made 3, 0 for UCO was kinda in Ben’s face needling him as he ran down the court. The refs stopped play and we were expecting a T on 0, instead the ref walked over to our bench and told them to be quiet😳.
                      UCO was the better team last night.... it's really that simple. I mean they could've called a tech there, but instead they pulled that kid aside and gave him a warning and they also warned both benches that that kind of bs wouldn't be tolerated going forward. That’s not really anything unusual. They called the game tight... lot of fouls, not a lot of flow for either team really, but you have to adjust to it and figure it out. Every time we got within 6 points, they had an answer... they're a good team. We just need to bounce back and play a good game on Saturday.

I'm also glad Northwest doesn't allow beer... We have our share of obnoxious fans perfectly sober. ;)
                      Last edited by Alfred33; 01-13-2023, 06:19 AM.

Comment

• We seemed out of sinc all night- several times we missed passing to wide open teammates and we weren’t screening out much. Wes never scored and seldom shot and was a total non factor.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bearcat Moon View Post
                          Man what the heck has happened to Dreamer? I know he was injured early but he has been hit or miss, more miss this season.
                          They lost internet which interrupted their stream. It's happened multiple times this season, just in the games I've watched. It sucks, but same thing happens to my internet every so often. Maybe it takes them a lot longer to reboot their system.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post
                            UCOs point guard that played really well against us last year must be injured as he hasn’t even played.

UCO has kind of had our number… beat us in basketball last year, football this year, 3 game sweep over our MIAA champion volleyball team, and tonight isn’t going well…
                            I knew he didn't play against us either. I figured he was hurt too. They are playing very well without him. He has always been a very Fiesty player.

Comment

• Here in Doo-Dah to watch ‘Cats & Jets.
                              Jets beat Griffs Thurs. Hoping both NW Missouri area men’s teams win today. ‘Go ‘Cats!’
                              ’Go Griffs!’(made me a little nauseous 😎)
                              Last edited by NWFanatic; 01-14-2023, 02:39 PM.

Comment

• NW 74 NU 57
                                DB had 23 pts

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X