Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• final NW 73 UCM 52 despite being down 8 at the half. DB had some highlight reel shots and 20 pts/7 rebounds and Wes was back on track with 21 pts

Comment

• final NW 59 LU 38(39-14 @ 1/2)

Comment

• Congrats to DB on his MIAA POW
        Last edited by NWFanatic; 01-23-2023, 10:05 PM.

Comment

• We’re heading NW today for the Kearney to Hays loop. Any other Bearcats fans doing the loop?

Comment

• Our girls are getting closer… it’s too bad they can’t finish a game and get rewarded for their efforts. Back to back 1 point losses to #5 UCM and at #13 UNK.

I’m really enjoying the UNK broadcasts. Their announcer reminds me a little of the GOAT, Kevin Harlan. He’s really good.
            Last edited by Alfred33; 01-26-2023, 08:47 PM.

Comment

• Quite a change from the 25 pt loss in Maryville. The games are just about a minute too long for the girls lately. Men won in a laugher 76-36. Luke W didn’t play due to injury. Good contingent of NW fans.

On to Hays tomorrow to eat at Gella’s.
              Good luck to Lion men Saturday

Comment

• Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post
                Our girls are getting closer… it’s too bad they can’t finish a game and get rewarded for their efforts. Back to back 1 point losses to #5 UCM and at #13 UNK.

I’m really enjoying the UNK broadcasts. Their announcer reminds me a little of the GOAT, Kevin Harlan. He’s really good.
                That UNK guy ... Jayson Jorgenson 93.1 The River ... calling the game did a really good job. When I got home a little late to turn the stream on NW was already up 12-2 and my first impression was this guy calling the game was low key. But I settled into the game and really enjoyed him. He did the game by himself, which is hard to do well, but liked how he lived for the game ... getting excited for good play for both teams. Very complimentary of NW. Man, if he had a decent 'color guy' to jump into the game with, instead of having to go the distance alone, he would be pure pleasure! Great job with the game tonite, Jayson Jorgenson! Also, kudo's to your post-game interview. You challenged the coach with great questions 'thoughtfully', but definitely not a 'canned' post-game like so many others. Coach definitely respects you. Good post-game!

Comment

• Originally posted by ZubCat81 View Post

That UNK guy ... Jayson Jorgenson 93.1 The River ... calling the game did a really good job. When I got home a little late to turn the stream on NW was already up 12-2 and my first impression was this guy calling the game was low key. But I settled into the game and really enjoyed him. He did the game by himself, which is hard to do well, but liked how he lived for the game ... getting excited for good play for both teams. Very complimentary of NW. Man, if he had a decent 'color guy' to jump into the game with, instead of having to go the distance alone, he would be pure pleasure! Great job with the game tonite, Jayson Jorgenson! Also, kudo's to your post-game interview. You challenged the coach with great questions 'thoughtfully', but definitely not a 'canned' post-game like so many others. Coach definitely respects you. Good post-game!
                  Jayson does a great job with broadcasts. About as neutral as you can get from a hometown announcer. And like you said, asks insightful questions and isn't afraid to ask the tough question if warranted.

Comment

• Originally posted by loper legionnaire View Post

Jayson does a great job with broadcasts. About as neutral as you can get from a hometown announcer. And like you said, asks insightful questions and isn't afraid to ask the tough question if warranted.
                    Surprisingly, being an MIAA Network subscriber for at least 3 years now, I'm not sure I had ever watched a broadcast from UNK. Based on my initial impression, I think I would have to say he's pretty easily my favorite play by play guy I've heard on the network. He was good enough at filling the air that I didn't really notice the lack of a color guy. I don't know if it was his tone, or inflections, or just the little bit of raspyness in his voice that reminded me of Kevin Harlan, but that's where my mind went almost immediately when I turned on the girls' game... I wanted him to say "Oh baby, what a play!" just once. ;)

Comment

Our girls are getting closer… it’s too bad they can’t finish a game and get rewarded for their efforts. Back to back 1 point losses to #5 UCM and at #13 UNK.

The best I've heard in the conference for any sport.

Comment

• Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
                        Quite a change from the 25 pt loss in Maryville. The games are just about a minute too long for the girls lately. Men won in a laugher 76-36. Luke W didn’t play due to injury. Good contingent of NW fans.

We will need a lot of luck. UCO will come in primed for revenge, and our guys haven't played a full 40 minute game for a couple of weeks. Hope our guys are ready, step up to the task, and competes hard with UCO. We definitely have to cut down on the turnovers and rebound like we did last night. Shooting nearly 50% from three point range would help as well. Go Lions!!!

Comment

• Hays will be a tough out today…strange start time(4:00 pm)-will just put us on the road a half hour later

Comment

• Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
                            Quite a change from the 25 pt loss in Maryville. The games are just about a minute too long for the girls lately. Men won in a laugher 76-36. Luke W didn’t play due to injury. Good contingent of NW fans.

You're welcome. We handed UCO their second loss of the year ... both to us ... and they were not happy about it.

Comment

• From today’s recap: “Northwest is 150-10 over the past five seasons … in the last seven seasons, Northwest is 212-15.”

Its been a decent run…

Comment

From today’s recap: “Northwest is 150-10 over the past five seasons … in the last seven seasons, Northwest is 212-15.”

Its been a decent run…
                                Are you bragging about that? I would.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X