X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monaghan and Malvik headed to UW Green Bay

https://twitter.com/gbphoenixmbb/sta...ZE9sV5StQ&s=19

Comment

• A year late, but former UMary G Kai Huntsberry and North Texas are playing for a NIT Championship tonight in Vegas.

Comment

• Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
        Monaghan and Malvik headed to UW Green Bay

https://twitter.com/gbphoenixmbb/sta...ZE9sV5StQ&s=19
        I’m of the opinion that a significant role for an assistant is to aid recruiting. To that end Malvik seemed to be so so. No interest in trashing him though given his great contributions during WSU’s better times. I wish him well.

Comment

• Msum athletics wins 2022-2023 Nsic sportsmanship award. All those dragons do is win championships. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post
            Msum athletics wins 2022-2023 Nsic sportsmanship award. All those dragons do is win championships. :)
            Cool job on that.

In other news...

https://goaugie.com/news/2023/5/25/g...rts-award.aspx

Augustana Athletics Captures Second-Straight NSIC All-Sports Award

BURNSVILLE, Minn. – For the second-straight year and seventh time overall, Augustana is the NSIC All-Sports Award winner. Since joining the NSIC in 2008-09, Augustana has been the most awarded all-sports winner.

"This is such a meaningful championship for us to win because it represents broad-based excellence," Augustana director of athletics Josh Morton said. "It's one thing to be great in a sport or two, but to have the kind of success that we have had is such a credit to our coaches, staff and especially our champion student-athletes."

Augustana claims the award for 2022-23 with 211 points, bypassing Minnesota State who ended the year with 209.33 points. In addition, Augustana's women's sports captured the women's title with 136 points, besting Minnesota State by 11 points. On the men's side, the Vikings recorded 75 points to place second behind Minnesota State.

The Augustana athletics department captured seven NSIC championships during the 2022-23 academic year, including men's & women's cross country, women's swimming & diving, baseball, softball, women's golf and women's tennis.

Augustana will formally accept the championship awards on Tuesday, July 11 at the NSIC Hall of Fame Banquet taking place in Sioux Falls this year.

The AU athletics department has now earned the all-sports award in 2010-11, 2011-12, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2016-17, 2021-22 and 2022-23. Augustana also claims the 2019-20 title although it was not officially awarded due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

Full All-Sports Standings
            Rank School Points

1 Augustana 211
            2 Minnesota State 209.3
            3 Minnesota Duluth 142
            4 Umary 136
            5 Sioux Falls 134
            6 Winona State 131.5
            7 Wayne State 120.33
            8 Northern State 117
            9 St. Cloud State 103.5
            10 MSU Moorhead 103
            11 Concordia-St. Paul 96.5
            12 SMSU 96
            13 Bemidji State 83.83
            14 Minot State 81.5
            15 Upper Iowa 65.5
            16 Minnesota Crookston 42

Comment

• Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post

Cool job on that.

In other news...

Why do you have to be like that? :)

Comment

• Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post

Why do you have to be like that? :)
                Three of the four former NCC teams finish in the top 3 and then there is the once proud and strong SCSU finishing #9. Sad to see a large university drop football and struggle in so many sports other than wrestling. To the administrators I say SHAME-SHAME-SHAME.

Comment

• Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

Three of the four former NCC teams finish in the top 3 and then there is the once proud and strong SCSU finishing #9. Sad to see a large university drop football and struggle in so many sports other than wrestling. To the administrators I say SHAME-SHAME-SHAME.
                  I get that the statement is true, but every time I see I just shake my head thinking...Duluth was an NCC member for four years.

Comment

• Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

I get that the statement is true, but every time I see I just shake my head thinking...Duluth was an NCC member for four years.
                    Was Duluth the powerhouse program of the NSIC before leaving or maybe Winona?

Comment

• Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

Was Duluth the powerhouse program of the NSIC before leaving or maybe Winona?
                      I mean, Duluth won the all-sports award until departure then Winona until the conferences merged.

Like i said, it isnt incorrect that UMD was a NCC school but its not like they were some lifetime member.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post

Cool job on that.

In other news...

Everyone knows that how you play the game is more important than the wins or loses. ;)

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X