Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another possibility for Ben to leave NW...

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mosofan1 View Post

I'm beginning to wonder if Ben wants to take those necessary steps to get a P5 job.
    I've been thinking the same thing. From all I've heard and know, he and his family have it really good in Maryville, so that could be a factor in him not leaving.

Comment

Originally posted by libertybearcat View Post

I've been thinking the same thing. From all I've heard and know, he and his family have it really good in Maryville, so that could be a factor in him not leaving.
      The opportunity to move to a mid-major and make around 400k and win there, move on to the bigs with a salary in the millions is irresistible. Coaches are highly competitive people or they wouldn't be in coaching. I believe McCollum is wise and looking for a place he feels he can improve the situation, thus improving his opportunities.

Comment

Originally posted by mosofan1 View Post

I'm beginning to wonder if Ben wants to take those necessary steps to get a P5 job.
        impossible to know - you'd have to tell me what he's really turned down beyond rumor - the only one i'm confident in is umkc & that place is where coaches go to die, which isn't to say there haven't been others.
        he obv was never going to get the wva job. as brilliant as he is idk if he'd succeed in d1 (high majors) - the recruiting game is different & that makes or breaks them all as we all know - you never really find out until you throw them in there.
        Go Bearcats!
        M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

The opportunity to move to a mid-major and make around 400k and win there, move on to the bigs with a salary in the millions is irresistible. Coaches are highly competitive people or they wouldn't be in coaching. I believe McCollum is wise and looking for a place he feels he can improve the situation, thus improving his opportunities.
          If money is a big reason for the move up...when adjusting for cost of living in most other places that aren't Maryville, it'd likely take more than $400k to get him to move for money. The UNCC job likely paid close to $500k...maybe enough...the Tech Asst was rumored to be $700k...I'd think money wise it'd be enough.

Wonder if family is keeping him here too...2 boys will be in HS this fall. As a father it would be hard to for me move my kids when they're having great success in HS for money if I was living comfortably where I was.

I do agree he is being wise in his selection process.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
          Working...
          X