Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NSIC Tourney First Round Discussion

I'm sure there will be a number of blowouts and not much discussion, but thought I'd get the thread up early anyways.

Any games of interest you'll be monitoring other than your favorite team?

Concordia-St. Paul at Minnesota State-Moorhead
    Mary at Minnesota State-Mankato
    Wayne State at St. Cloud State
    Minnesota-Crookston at Upper Iowa

Minnesota-Duluth at Southwest Minnesota State
    Sioux Falls at Minot State
    Bemidji State at Augustana
    Winona State at Northern State

Re: NSIC Tourney First Round Discussion

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
    I'm sure there will be a number of blowouts and not much discussion, but thought I'd get the thread up early anyways.

Assuming the Vikes haven't jumped up past the 6-8 range of the Regional Rankings this week, I will be following and cheering for any NSIC team ranked higher than the Vikes in the Regional Rankings. If Augie wins the whole NSIC Tournament, fantastic. If not, go Dragons and/or Mustangs!

And I will, obviously, be following the Northern/WSU game simply for the sake of knowing who Augie will play if they get past Bemidji tonight.

Comment

I feel there are three locks (SMSU, Augie, Moorhead). The rest aren't likely upsets but I wouldn't be floored by the away team winning, atleast not this year.

Comment

I am curious to see how many points NSIC Player of the Year Tyler Rudolph hangs on USF. That said, I actually think that game and Wayne at St. Cloud are going to be the two best games.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
          Assuming the Vikes haven't jumped up past the 6-8 range of the Regional Rankings this week, I will be following and cheering for any NSIC team ranked higher than the Vikes in the Regional Rankings. If Augie wins the whole NSIC Tournament, fantastic. If not, go Dragons and/or Mustangs!

And I will, obviously, be following the Northern/WSU game simply for the sake of knowing who Augie will play if they get past Bemidji tonight.
          I will suggest that question is already answered.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest69 View Post
            I am curious to see how many points NSIC Player of the Year runner-up Tyler Rudolph hangs on USF. That said, I actually think that game and Wayne at St. Cloud are going to be the two best games.
            Fixed it for you. You had forgotten a word. :)

Comment

With Bemidji already knocking off Southwest and Northern this year, an upset tonight wouldn't totally shock me. I think that game will actually be closer than the Northern game.

Comment

Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
                Will the coaches still have your trust when Gage doesn't win the award? I haven't trusted them since Vette over McCaffrey in 2013.

Comment

Mr. Cleary of Crookston? I'm ok with that.

Comment

"Confidence is the food of the wise man, but the liquor of the fool."

- Vikram, top Lipophedrine salesman

Comment

Go 'Cats!

In their lone meeting earlier this year, in St. Cloud, the Huskies knocked off the Wildcats 84-80 on January 27. Time for payback! :)

Comment

With Bemidji already knocking off Southwest and Northern this year, an upset tonight wouldn't totally shock me. I think that game will actually be closer than the Northern game.
                        I can assure you, I'm in full Apostle of Apprehension mode regarding tonight's game. Particularly because the Vikes won by 18 last time and it's easy to get overconfident when you've already beaten a team by 20-ish points once.

Plus, regardless of what everyone wants to think about the situation, Augie hasn't played a single game on the Pentagon floor this year. And I'd imagine if they've practiced out there at all, it was only once or twice in the last couple of days. So it's more of a neutral court game (I know, I know, not neutral *site* because it's still in Sioux Falls, but still basically a neutral court in terms of comfort and familiarity) than a typical home game.

Comment

"Confidence is the food of the wise man, but the liquor of the fool."

- Vikram, top Lipophedrine salesman
                          Well then, as is the SCSU motto, drink up everybody.

Comment

I can assure you, I'm in full Apostle of Apprehension mode regarding tonight's game. Particularly because the Vikes won by 18 last time and it's easy to get overconfident when you've already beaten a team by 20-ish points once.

Plus, regardless of what everyone wants to think about the situation, Augie hasn't played a single game on the Pentagon floor this year. And I'd imagine if they've practiced out there at all, it was only once or twice in the last couple of days. So it's more of a neutral court game (I know, I know, not neutral *site* because it's still in Sioux Falls, but still basically a neutral court in terms of comfort and familiarity) than a typical home game.
                            They've played 15 games there in the past two years. Busack may not be familiar with it...

Comment

They've played 15 games there in the past two years. Busack may not be familiar with it...
                              See? Disadvantage.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X