Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NSIC Tourney First Round Discussion

Pretty sure all the NSIC teams who win tonight advance to the regionals, right, to be hosted at the Pentagon??? And the eight GAC teams get in as well, creating the nation's only 16 team regional. Winner goes to Maryville for a final game before elite eight.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
      Plus, regardless of what everyone wants to think about the situation, Augie hasn't played a single game on the Pentagon floor this year. And I'd imagine if they've practiced out there at all, it was only once or twice in the last couple of days. So it's more of a neutral court game (I know, I know, not neutral *site* because it's still in Sioux Falls, but still basically a neutral court in terms of comfort and familiarity) than a typical home game.
      I think it's less about having advantage for this game and more about how this game will give an advantage for the weekend. Personally I think it's a bit overblown but I can understand why the concern is there.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
        See? Disadvantage.
        Since the NSIC Tournament finals site has moved to the Pentagon, Augie has played in 16 actual* games in the Pentagon to Bemidji State's zero (0). MSU Moorhead is a close second with 12 and the Sioux Falls Sky Force are the clear leader with over 100. So while it isn't an advantage for Busack, I'd say it is an advantage for anyone else on Augie.

Oh and Augie has a +16 points per possession average over Bemidji this season and Busack averages 15.9 points per game so we will call that a wash if Busack is so stricken by the bright lights and Sanford brand cash falling from the ceiling that he fails to score a single point.

*I am sure they have held some scrimmages or preseason stuff there that hasn't been publicized.
        Last edited by Guest69; 02-22-2017, 04:06 PM. Reason: forgot why I put that asterisk in there

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
          I think it's less about having advantage for this game and more about how this game will give an advantage for the weekend. Personally I think it's a bit overblown but I can understand why the concern is there.
          Yeah, I was strictly talking about tonight's game against Bemidji. Just my point being that, for the purposes of it being a "home game" tonight, it's not exactly a true home game for the Vikings compared to if they were playing at the Arena. Even if they have played a few more games there in the past 2-3 years than other teams have.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest69 View Post
            Since the NSIC Tournament finals site has moved to the Pentagon, Augie has played in 16 actual* games in the Pentagon to Bemidji State's zero (0). MSU Moorhead is a close second with 12 and the Sioux Falls Sky Force are the clear leader with over 100. So while it isn't an advantage for Busack, I'd say it is an advantage for anyone else on Augie.

Oh and Augie has a +16 points per possession average over Bemidji this season and Busack averages 15.9 points per game so we will call that a wash if Busack is so stricken by the bright lights and Sanford brand cash falling from the ceiling that he fails to score a single point.

*I am sure they have held some scrimmages or preseason stuff there that hasn't been publicized.
            I'm assuming by the humor in your second portion of this comment that you caught and understood my attempt at humor in the comment of mine you quoted. That is a safe assumption, right?

Comment

NSU women up 8-0 halfway through 1st. UIU is without theit leading scorer, now being led by their only other player averaging double digit scoring, who had two points when three two played during the season.

This will be ugly...

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
                Will the coaches still have your trust when Gage doesn't win the award? I haven't trusted them since Vette over McCaffrey in 2013.
                Seems you always should go with the National Player of the Year post. They are kind of hard to find after all.

Comment

Wolves shooting poorly, very uncharacteristically being out rebounded....but have forced nine TO's I believe and up 15-2 end of the 1st.

Comment

Similar result up in Moorhead. Dragons up on Mustangs 26-8 early in 2nd quarter.

Comment

So now we find out Augie wouldn't play at Elman due to track practice and intramural hoops...way to be so organized ha

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
                        So now we find out Augie wouldn't play at Elman due to track practice and intramural hoops...way to be so organized ha
                        It's ridiculous that Augie gets to play opening round game at The Pentagon. Seriously a lack of scheduling knowledge or perhaps they purposely did it. Either way it shouldn't happen. If there is a scheduling conflict go play at one of the high school gyms not the venue for the next games.

Comment

Originally posted by NSUguy View Post
                          It's ridiculous that Augie gets to play opening round game at The Pentagon. Seriously a lack of scheduling knowledge or perhaps they purposely did it. Either way it shouldn't happen. If there is a scheduling conflict go play at one of the high school gyms not the venue for the next games.
                          When the conference, 15 ADs and 15 coaches are upset about something I don't think it will happen again. I don't know what sort of AD can't plan ahead and have it scheduled...the Barnett Center is one of the most used facilities in the state, not to mention had swim practice, track practice and is still miraculously hosting two home basketball games...

Augie knew exactly what they were doing.

Comment

The three early women's games are looking like one of those pointless 1st round region basketball games in MN boys hoops...blowout city

Comment

We cant buy a basket, were done

Comment

Half: SMSU 35, UMD 22

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X